UT UT - Jack Simmons, 24, Salt Lake City, April 1994

Where's Red? New information may turn missing person case into unsolved murder (abc4.com)
by: Marcos Ortiz
Posted: Jul 16, 2020 rbbm.
''SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – Jack Jason Simmons is listed as a missing person on the state’s data base. But recent developments may change the case to an unsolved murder.

Simmons who was known as “Red” disappeared in 1994. His family lived out of state and staying in touch was not common.

“We had kind of an odd relationship, brotherly relationship,” said his brother Michael Simmons. “We didn’t talk much.”

''But 26 years after Simmons’ disappearance, his older brother wished he could meet with him again. Jason Simmons, as he’s known by his family, lived in Salt Lake County for nearly six years before his disappearance. In April of that year his father from Colorado paid him a visit.

“His roommate said last he saw him, he’d had his ghetto blaster and headed to (unload) truck,” said the older brother.

Jason worked locally unloading cargo from trucks. His roommate told the father that he was surprised to learn he’d gone to work. They’d learned Jason was hospitalized recently after someone hit him with a hammer.

Family still wonders about baby Acacia 17 years after her disappearance
“Somebody assaulted him a week before that with a hammer so he’s been in the hospital,” said Simmons. “I guess he didn’t know who he was for a couple of weeks.”

A month later, there was a warrant issued for Jason’s arrest. He failed to show up in court on drug charges.

“My little brother was heavily involved in drugs, cocaine and methamphetamines,” said Simmons.

Eventually his parents filed a missing persons report with local authorities in Salt Lake. But they were told Jason was an adult and there was no search conducted for the red-headed 24-year-old.

“My mom was able to contact the hospital and get the medical records of him from when he was assaulted by the hammer weeks prior,” said the older brother. “He was actually listed as a missing endangered person at that time.”

Michael Simmons said his mother took it upon herself to search for him. She went through his neighborhood, the streets of Salt Lake and even homeless shelters. She heard rumors but there wasn’t anything that indicated where he was or what had happened to him.

“It a very hard topic for my mom to deal with,” said Simmons. “Every time the phone rang (she was) hoping that it was my little brother.”

In 2018, Jason Jensen, a private investigator contacted the family indicating he was interested in looking into the disappearance. A year later he had uncovered new information that may turn the case into an unsolved murder.

“He ironically came up with somebody that told him where my little brother was probably buried at.”

Friday, part two of the disappearance of “Red” will continue as the private investigator focuses on a campground in Box Elder County.''

rbbm.
by Marcos Ortiz
Where's Red? Social media garners stunning tip in man’s 1994 disappearance (abc4.com)
“Somebody assaulted him a week before that with a hammer, so he’s been in the hospital. I guess he didn’t know who he was for a couple of weeks.”

''Two years ago, the private investigator takes on the case and sends various messages to people who may remember the case. He bypasses traditional methods like passing out flyers or listing it on a billboard which he says can sometimes take years.

“So, I thought this was a perfect test subject to test my theory using Facebook marking tools as an investigative tool to see if we can generate some leads,” said Jensen. “We can target demographics, like if we just want women… if we wanted a certain age group.”

And within 72 hours, Jensen has several responses, but one post gets his attention.

“This individual had information that Jason had been murdered execution style near a campground in Box Elder Canyon,” said Jensen.

And that leads Jensen to a campground near Mantua where twice cadaver dogs pick up a human scent. ''

“It’s at a base of a tree where a creek runs through it. We’re really strongly believing that tissue deposits that decomposed there and a dig there would be unlikely,” said Jensen.

Jensen sends the tip to authorities. But several weeks pass by before law enforcement arrives and they find the area underwater. He now learns that Simmons is murdered upstream where they will do a new search. All this new information makes Simmons’ brother realize “Red’s” gone.

But he still wants closure.''

Jack's NamUs profile was modified on 9/28/22
He currently has 13 rule outs
UP10056
08/30/2011
Yavapai
AZ

UP6639
07/28/2007
Fairfax
VA
UP6149
01/22/1996
Halifax
VA

UP14518
04/03/2010
Shenandoah
VA

UP6762
10/08/1995
Richmond
VA

UP6637
10/07/2006
Fairfax
VA

UP11248
08/20/2012
Fairfax
VA

UP11287
12/10/2010
San Diego
CA

UP10908
08/29/2012
Fairfax
VA

UP6278
07/10/2007
Botetourt
VA

UP8181
10/14/1994
Weber
UT

UP8181
10/14/1994
Weber
UT

UP6171
12/26/2005
Pittsylvania
VA

This discounts the above theory that was previously generated through social media, but could this possibly be Jack?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back