UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
She definitely got around. I've found transactions in Salt Lake, Summit, Tooele, Utah, Wasatch and Weber counties. There may be more, but I got distracted and stopped looking.
A woman on fire -- not the good kind, but more like an inferno. o_O
Thinking of her babies and the Richins family today. And also the Dardens.

She definitely got around. I've found transactions in Salt Lake, Summit, Tooele, Utah, Wasatch and Weber counties. There may be more, but I got distracted and stopped looking.
And it looked like a lot was after the death of ER? Help me out, this stuff isn’t my thing….. Where did she get the money?

Why no KR mugshot released? moo

Depending on how you have your settings set my disclaimer my not be seen. Please be advised that my comments here are a matter of opinion, unless a link is provided.

Disclaimer: Any information/discussion provided is in my opinion only, not fact.
A link is provided when possible.

Utah recently passed a new law: no mugshots released until conviction
Thanks, @wnk for your response. Good to know and an excellent law! I'd like to see other U.S. states implement this same law if not already in place. MOO

Utah recently passed a new law: no mugshots released until conviction

It's been that way for federal prison inmates beginning around 2011 when the Marshals Service instituted a nationwide policy rejecting such requests.

And on a 9-7 vote in 2016, the full bench of the Cincinnati-based 6th Circuit Court of Appeals overturned the more than two-decade-old legal precedent that allowed news organizations and others to obtain booking photos of criminal defendants who've appeared in federal court, pursuant to FOIA.

Calling mugshots "squarely within [the] realm of embarrassing and humiliating information," [Judge] Cook noted that they're considered so damaging to a person's reputation that they can't normally be shown at a trial.

"Booking photos convey guilt to the viewer," she wrote. "Indeed, viewers so uniformly associate booking photos with guilt and criminality that we strongly disfavor showing such photos to criminal juries."

While Cook indicated the 1996 decision finding no more than a trivial privacy interest in mugshots was wrong from the outset, she also said the Internet and modern search engines have made the privacy invasion of a published mugshot even more intense.

IMO, I don't think anybody can disagree with Judge Cook's sentiment about the internet and modern search engines!

They also claim at least four documentary teams in North America and Europe have expressed interest in making a documentary about the case, and Kouri Richins’ jail calls indicate she has been communicating with a documentary filmmaker directly and through a friend.

They also claim at least four documentary teams in North America and Europe have expressed interest in making a documentary about the case, and Kouri Richins’ jail calls indicate she has been communicating with a documentary filmmaker directly and through a friend.
Why am I not surprised KR is in the middle of the media fanfare-- without regard for her innocent children. :(

Arias déjà vu.

I am not surprised at all to find Kouri is already shopping a film deal. Perhaps someone should have a chat with her explaining the difference between famous and infamous. I don't think she cares, though.

MOO

Prosecutors accused members of the media of camping out, contacting key witnesses, and asking jail staff 'absurd' questions.

6/2/2023

SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah (Court TV) – A temporary gag order is in place after prosecutors requested restrictions due to “unanticipated and overwhelming” interest in the case of a children’s book author accused of murdering her husband.

Kouri Richins, 33, is accused of poisoning her husband, Eric Richins, with five times the lethal dosage of fentanyl in a cocktail she made for him in March 2022. One year after her husband’s death, Richins published a children’s book on grief, titled, “Are You With Me?”about a deceased father looking over his son. Kouri and Eric shared three sons together.

Last edited:
Prosecutors accused members of the media of camping out, contacting key witnesses, and asking jail staff 'absurd' questions.

SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah (Court TV) – A temporary gag order is in place after prosecutors requested restrictions due to “unanticipated and overwhelming” interest in the case of a children’s book author accused of murdering her husband.

Kouri Richins, 33, is accused of poisoning her husband, Eric Richins, with five times the lethal dosage of fentanyl in a cocktail she made for him in March 2022. One year after her husband’s death, Richins published a children’s book on grief, titled, “Are You With Me?”about a deceased father looking over his son. Kouri and Eric shared three sons together.
This is dated today, and says a preliminary gag order was issued pending a hearing Friday afternoon. I‘m assuming that means later today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24