UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

Here's another! So excited about progress in this sad case. These two newlyweds who were taken way too soon, and their families who lost them way too soon, deserve justice, too.

-----------------------
Sheriff’s Office Has ‘Persons of Interest’ in Utah Double Homicide; Says Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito Were Not Involved

Aaron KellerJan 22nd, 2022, 6:35 pm

A Utah sheriff’s office based in Moab this week reiterated that Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie were not involved in an apparently unrelated double homicide during the summer of 2021 — but it said certain persons of interest are on law enforcement’s radar and that the investigation into that separate case remains active.
[...]
Similar claims of a “creepy dude” were discussed in a NewsNation interview with the friend who found the bodies of Schulte and Turner. Earlier in the investigation, police openly questioned whether Petito, Laundrie, Schulte, and Turner had all crossed paths.

The sheriff’s office this week rubbished notions that Petito, Laundrie, Schulte, and Turner were somehow connected while they were in the remote 5,000-person Utah city last August.
[...]
The sheriff’s office says it has identified “persons of interest” in the Schulte/Turner killings “but has not yet identified a suspect.” Evidence in the case includes the victims’ “tent and personal belongings inside and outside the tent.” It also includes “their vehicle, blood, shell casings, bullet fragments, and video evidence from nearby properties.” The sheriff’s department said neither victim was sexually assaulted.

---------------------------
More here:
Sheriff's Office Has 'Persons of Interest' in Utah Double Homicide; Says Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito Were Not Involved

Looks like B.L.'s ghost is still walking around... Nothing would surprise me about him.
As a prelude to elude LE? I could buy it. But that's just me...

Looks like B.L.'s ghost is still walking around... Nothing would surprise me about him.

But I don't think the evidence supports that ghost whatsoever:

NO PETITO-LAUNDRIE LINK
Police rubbished the speculation on Thursday, writing: "In the course of this investigation, there has been considerable conjecture that Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie were somehow involved in the double homicide.

"Upon investigation, the FBI and Florida Investigators have determined, based on electronic transmission evidence, that neither Petito nor Laundrie were involved in the case."

The sheriff's office then urged residents of Moab to be "careful about sharing information on social media."

"Such information tends to be misinformed, inaccurate, and unhelpful to the criminal investigation, if not dangerous," police added.

1/23/22 -- Major update in double murder case as cops give info on Gabby Petito link

I am certain BL is not involved. They have precluded him based on electronic - likely cell phone pings.

What about Brent Brown?? The guy who held Madelyn Allen. Loa is not that far from Moab. He is definitely a creeper! Might be a stretch, but... At least he is in custody.

New info in La Sal murders: Family seeks answers in deaths of local couple

The Grand County Sheriff’s Office issued a press release stating that they have identified persons of interest in the murders of Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner. The local couple was found murdered in the La Sal Mountains in August, with few official details of the investigation being released. The families of the women, as well as the larger Moab community, have been seeking answers ever since the women’s bodies were discovered.

I think Colt was likely cleared earlier -- he posted on FB constantly and had a job-- not your typical escaped mental patient withdrawn and hiding out.

UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021
I’ve never heard that JFC was cleared. I don’t think having a job and posting often to an alias FB account necessarily clears him (or means that he wasn’t withdrawn and hiding out). Maybe I’ve missed something from LE or MSM.

Jmo

I take what he says with a grain of salt, but this is what Kylens dad said:

Schulte also says people should stop speculating about an escaped mental hospital patient named John Freeman Colt being the killer. Colt went to prison for aggravated sexual assault and attempted rape. However, he escaped from a facility in Kansas only to be found in southern Utah.
Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case

I’ve never heard that JFC was cleared. I don’t think having a job and posting often to an alias FB account necessarily clears him (or means that he wasn’t withdrawn and hiding out). Maybe I’ve missed something from LE or MSM.

Jmo
Cleared was a bad choice of words on my part, and my point was that JFC was very visible when he was in a different part of UT until he was captured.

LE recently announced they have persons of interest in this case but no suspects. IMO, JFC did not cross over to the suspect category for reasons similar as to why Petito and/or Laundry did not graduate to suspects.

Grant County Sheriff's Office previously told FOX 13 they are aware of Colt, and separately said they are looking into all tips and leads related to the murder of Kylen Schulte and Crystal Turner. However, they say they have not made a connection between them.

I recall JFC had a solid two months of employment, in the company of witnesses daily. IMO, if you're a cook seen by numerous witnesses at a distant location from Moab, filmed attending a birthday party, and a short window later are slinging hash again, it doesn't follow that you're going to be named as a suspect. MOO

Escaped sexual predator from Kansas captured in Utah

Last edited:
I was in the area and stopped to see the campsite. The road up there from town is very wind-y and steep. Would be tricky in the dark.

There is no foliage right now and you can see the site from inside your car from the paved road where the forest road branches off. It is not much of a gradient from the paved road to the irrigation ditch. There is direct line of sight to the lodge on the road as well as the pavilion. Much closer than I had imagined, multiple gunshots should have easily been heard by anyone in those buildings. Any one on the deck of the lodge is looking directly over the campsites across the road:(

You can see the cell tower from the site and I had 4 bars on my phone.

I was in the area and stopped to see the campsite. The road up there from town is very wind-y and steep. Would be tricky in the dark.

There is no foliage right now and you can see the site from inside your car from the paved road where the forest road branches off. It is not much of a gradient from the paved road to the irrigation ditch. There is direct line of sight to the lodge on the road as well as the pavilion. Much closer than I had imagined, multiple gunshots should have easily been heard by anyone in those buildings. Any one on the deck of the lodge is looking directly over the campsites across the road:(

You can see the cell tower from the site and I had 4 bars on my phone.
Thanks, @Missing Susan. Can you please state the name of the Lodge you're referencing? TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back