UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2015/09/26/search-missing-teen-continues/72882560/ Is this article correct? 6'4", 200 lbs. The pics certainly do not look like a 200 lb child.

He is very tall so I can believe 200 pounds. My brother is about that height, but 20-30 pounds heavier and if he lost those 30 pounds he would look roughly like Macin. They may have overshot it a little (like, maybe he is really 185-195).

What a handsome young man. I am praying he didn't make a permanent decision about a temporary life problem. Hoping for the best and that he is somehow making a living elsewhere.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/excl...mith-speak-candidly-about-sons-disappearance/ This is heartbreaking. My grandson could be this kid. Almost every single thing matches to a T. The Dad coming home after being out of town working even. I know my son would be the reason my grandson would do something like this. I worry about him all the time. He will never live up to his Dad's idea of how he should act, how he should be. He critisizes him constantly. He is a great kids, 6'2" at 15 years old and thin, great looking but pretty much a loner and not real ambitious. My son just can't handle it that he isn't perfect. Well behaved, goes to church every Sunday - I swear it is like the same kid as Macin. I am not blaming anyone about Macin, just giving a similar story. JMO

In an exclusive, on-camera interview with Gephardt Daily, Tracey Bratt Smith, and her husband, Darrin Smith, talked about the day Macin went missing and their longing for his safe return.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/excl...mith-speak-candidly-about-sons-disappearance/

Sorry to quote myself, but I feel so BAD for Macin. In this interview, the mom is not pointing any fingers at dad, but after being alone with Macin for months (while dad works out of town), dad comes home, takes his phone and computer, and he disappears. I am not blaming mom or dad here, but it is often a mom that is more patient and possibly lenient than dad. Macin is struggling, but knows mom loves him unconditionally. This is my opinion only, but sometimes when dad is the disciplinarian, teens interpret this as not unconditional love. I sincerely hope he did not do something permanent, but is out there figuring out his identity.

Macin, I sincerely hope you are safe!!!

Ugh! Sometimes dad's don't get it. Not always, but sometimes.
I battle with my ex's image of what his son should be as opposed to what he is. Kids, especially teens/tweens need support, guidance, understanding and rules.
My heart hurts for his mom. But I'm sure the anguish and sadness her son feels can't compare to how she's feeling after finding that letter. I am heartbroken for her.
Dads think, at times, that they can be "away"(for whatever reason) and just come in and take action on their kids life like they have always been there.
Sigh😢 I do hope Macin is with a friend and comes home. Macin there's nothing that you can do in this world that will make your parents not love you and cherish you. Come home. Your parents, especially your momma needs you.

In an exclusive, on-camera interview with Gephardt Daily, Tracey Bratt Smith, and her husband, Darrin Smith, talked about the day Macin went missing and their longing for his safe return.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/excl...mith-speak-candidly-about-sons-disappearance/

I just stumbled across the fb page set up by his family to help bring him home, and am do sad for this family. I had thought maybe he was headed back to Canada where they'd recently moved from, but sadly after hearing his mom talk about the letter he left her, it sounds a much more dismal situation. I get the distinct feeling it was more of a suicide note than just a goodbye letter. I truly hope that I'm wrong, and that Macin is just trying to figure things out for himself, not feeling that he is understood or that he fits into the expectations of his parents religious beliefs. It breaks my heart that such young people think that they have nothing to live for, that issues in their teen years are so bad that it's not worth living. I hope that Macin is alive & contacts his mother soon.

His family is planning a social media blast they hope will "get the whole world involved" in the search for their son.

The newly created Facebook event, named "Macin's Posting Marathon #MPM," lays out the Nov. 10 plan like this:

One of the best ways to get the word out in today's tech world is to do a social media event. Our hope is to have Macin's story one of the top trending stories. How can you help you ask? This is how it works. Macin's Army and any new recruits will:

(1) Write a post or share a post/picture related to Macin
(2) Make sure you hashtag #macinsarmy #bringmacinhome
(3) Continue to post/hashtag/share all day long

If we have 10,000 people being proactive with this process simultaneously and continue to have their friends and associates do the same, recognition will happen at a macro level. The first 100 people to participate in this event on November 10th will receive a bracelet from Macin's Army as a thank you gift.
The weeks keep passing and there is still not a sign or lead on my boy. Please get involved and let's BRING MACIN HOME!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1639352006334802/

http://kutv.com/news/local/family-of-st-george-teen-missing-10-weeks-plans-social-media-blast

After reading the Dateline NBC interview with his mom, I find it despicable that they would move to another country for this young man's senior hs year. Unless it meant a lack of housing and food. And they didn't know for a few days he wasn't at school until they listened to a few days worth of messages on their home line? And he has been struggling with depression for a few years. I personally find all that disgusting.

After reading the Dateline NBC interview with his mom, I find it despicable that they would move to another country for this young man's senior hs year. Unless it meant a lack of housing and food. And they didn't know for a few days he wasn't at school until they listened to a few days worth of messages on their home line? And he has been struggling with depression for a few years. I personally find all that disgusting.

I don't see it as a bad thing to move to another country. Parents do what's best for the family as a whole. Blaming them is totally unfair. I'm sure they are blaming themselves enough as it is.

My parents and I have moved from different countries, twice in our lives. We are all successful adults.

MOO

Despicable seems harsh. There are foreign exchange students who choose to do that, sans family. It's a great skill to be able to move to a different location and plant your feet, and kids who grow up in the same location their whole lives (like my kids did) miss out on that valuable life skill.

Bumping for Macin.
The family has set up a SM event on FB for tomorrow called Macin's Posting Marathon.

From the same general area as Steven Koecher, and also a Mormon family. Mormon church leaders do not want gays I understand, and they say they will accept them loving others, but not "acting on that love". Not sure what that is supposed to mean to a person who has identity gender or homosexual tendencies, especially as they age.

I hope hes still alive. The video doesn't sound like the mother has dismissed the idea of a potential suicide either. :( I didn't her dad say a word on this video however as to his thoughts on his missing son. Perhaps he's afraid he'd cry on camera. He does look on the verge of tears.

MACIN SMITH, Age Now: 17, Missing: 09/01/2015. Missing From SAINT GEORGE, UT. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Saint George City Police Department (Utah) 1-435-627-4300.

More...

I don't see it as a bad thing to move to another country. Parents do what's best for the family as a whole. Blaming them is totally unfair. I'm sure they are blaming themselves enough as it is.

My parents and I have moved from different countries, twice in our lives. We are all successful adults.

MOO

But if the support (emotional, structural, bonding, etc) is lacking, it can be very, very difficult for a teenager at this age, especially if they didn't want to move in the first place / were against moving. Exchange students choose to move - and it's temporary meaning at least they have an end sight of returning home. And having use of a computer/internet was probably über important to him so as to remain feeling connected to his friends back up in Canada.
BTW, I am not saying that this was Macin's circumstance or whatever; I'm just speaking from my own personal experience of having been hastily uprooted more than a couple times during my high school days (wayyyy back in the olden days of the 90s) and the immense disconnect I felt from those experiences. Like with everything else in life, some kids are relatively unaffected and adjust/thrive with moving far away, but there's many other kids who just don't.
JMHO and JMOE

Sent via Tapatalk

I just read about Macin Smith's disappearance. My husband's brother's ex-wifes's son (Lives in St. George. UT) posted a video for Macin. It might be helpful if his mother would say what exactly the note in his wallet contained. It just might help LE.

[video=youtube;oNmsS9HAJeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNmsS9HAJeI[/video]

Just to keep this thread up to date and active. Announced a $10,000 reward recently. It sounds like this kid has a friend that he took off with. Probably has a car and far from home. Red Rock Search even mentions someone knows where he is. Why leave all of your personal belongings home? I wish they would post more info about his friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back