Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you I think that she knew him and was comfortable with him. I think she turned her phone off because she didn’t want anyone to know where she was. I think there is no way you get in a lyft without a full charge— most would fear that.

My college age contacts would agree, they’d turn off phone so as not to be found by friends if they were comfortable.

I don’t get meeting at park unless for sex, talk or makeout session either and since phone was at his house right after that it doesn’t work.

One thing I thought of. IF there was a girlfriend of his and she lived nearby, maybe he wouldn’t want a lyft pulling up in the driveway IF this girlfriend had been told he had no renters right now? Then he could meet ML and pull up and sneak in back door? Of course for that theory to work along with not premeditated, ML would have to be aware of this too.

IF someone else had access to her Lyft records would she have met at park instead of house? Not me, if I was hiding I’d go all the way home get my car and then leave.

Question for all:
What makes you feel like this was premeditated outside of the park? The room? Could the room really have been his bdsm room with no ill intent behind it? Is there any scenario where this was either accidental or anger induced at the house followed by a horrible attempt at a cover up?
No

Another good question! This is one of the things about this case that stumps me the most. Maybe she suggested meeting at the PD and he countered with the park across the street? So many possibilities.
I think those texts/messages between Kenzie and AA will help clear up a lot of the mystery surrounding all of this, by shedding light on the nature of the relationship, whose idea it was to meet at Hatch Park, what the purpose of the meeting was, (or at least, what Kenzie thought the purpose of the meeting was) etc., etc., etc.

At some point, those messages will be released but I’m not sure how soon that will be.

No it won't. What matters is that she is dead and who killed her.
Sorry but no, court takes every single thing into account. This isn't court for protecting people's feelings. They absolutely will talk about stuff that people on this site will find unpalatable. Because it's reality. You have to logically process the entire situation to establish a narrative. Facts don't care about sensibilities.

Yeah I also don't think he looks particularly narrow shouldered. I am a woman with linebacker shoulders bigger than most normal-sized men. LOL And his shoulders look more substantial than mine.

I think he may have tweaked his height a bit, but he doesn't look like a dwarf to me.
You would be surprised how many men I dated online that said they were 6ft but in reality only 5’7 or 5’8 so clearly they lied because they wanted to appear taller. This is what they were talking about on the radio show this morning about this very subject. Btw my husband is shorter then me.

^^bm
Did I miss it confirmed somewhere that ML and AA had a sorority friend in common? Please share link and also add to media thread. Thanks!

ETA: Or is this speculation?
MOO articles get edited and seem to change content. I was referring to an article I read that mentioned Ajayi was a fringe figure at the college and one sorority sister knew who he was was. But now I can't find it to point to it. So it is speculation I withdraw until I see it in an article again.

Last edited:
It may mean something to the future jury, when it gets to premeditation. You can be sure the prosecution will establish that they met at a park. The jury will be very similar to us, here on WS, in terms of how much they factor in that as suspicious. Her whereabouts that day will be established, and they will end when she gets in his car (but his phone in that car will then establish that after she got in that car, seen by the Lyft driver, the car goes to his house).

It will matter that they met in the park, and the prosecution will certainly, upon summation, try to persuade the jury that he lured her to the park. Given all the other evidence, they get to use their own reason to decide. It will matter.

ETA: Since the park is in his neighborhood and near where he used to live, I am going with he suggested the place. I think it was part of him trying to make it look like a stranger abduction - he was ignorant of the fact that his own phone was going to provide the trail to his house.
ITA. We were wondering about the content of the text messages even before ML's body was found. It absolutely does matter because the case turned quickly after LE received the phone data.

JMO

Since AA never attended UoU and was a student at USU (sort of), he was very fringe to USU. I do know the article being referred to, though. It didn't mention the university that I recall, just a tinder connection.

MOO articles get edited and seem to change content. I was referring to an article I read that mentioned Ajayi was a fringe figure at the college and one sorority sister knew who he was was. But now I can't find it to point to it. So it is speculation I withdraw until Insee it in an article again.
If it's any consolation, I remember reading that also. I remember hearing that he was commonly known. But, might have not been true so they quit reporting it. jmo
ETA

MOO articles get edited and seem to change content. I was referring to an article I read that mentioned Ajayi was a fringe figure at the college and one sorority sister knew who he was was. But now I can't find it to point to it. So it is speculation I withdraw until Insee it in an article again.

Thanks for clarification.

The news cameras were all over campus during the vigil asking if AA was ever seen or known to be around campus, and nobody had heard of him before. Her sorority sisters have also given several national interviews, and I was afraid I missed this allegation.

To my knowledge, his college days were limited to Logan and/or USU.

Thanks for clarification.

The news cameras were all over campus during the vigil asking if AA was ever seen or known to be around campus, and nobody had heard of him before. Her sorority sisters have also given several national interviews, and I was afraid I missed this allegation.

To my knowledge, his college days were limited to Logan and/or USU.
Can you direct me to the sorority sister's interviews. I have though they had been unusually quiet after the arrest. ty

After the MT case, I told my daughter to NEVER warn someone you are going to call police- never give them that advantage. Go with your gut & make the call. You can always explain it was a misunderstanding or false alarm later. If that is what happened here, I’ll be repeating myself!
Hard to believe the MT case is a year old already. I have followed that case closely also. This stuff just makes me sick.

It does not matter who arranged the meeting in the park. Good grief!
It does to some people. If AA arranged it he’s completely evil and it’s all his fault. If Kenzie voluntarily agreed to the meeting, people may have to accept that she wasn’t a flawless angel who could do no wrong. Some people just don’t want to accept that Kenzie was a normal girl who may have made a choice to meet up with him completely of her own control. They want to believe she was forced into it somehow.

You would be surprised how many men I dated online that said they were 6ft but in reality only 5’7 or 5’8 so clearly they lied because they wanted to appear taller. This is what they were talking about on the radio show this morning about this very subject. Btw my husband is shorter then me.
Oh I'm well aware men lie about their height! :)

I'm sure his claimed 6'1" is inaccurate, but I just don't think he is a dwarf or that he'd be described as narrow shouldered. When he was first arrested, one of my friends immediately commented he was a big guy. She didn't mean his height--she meant his frame. Even though he has obviously put on weight, he still seems to have a very muscular build (which incidentally will look shorter than a leaner frame).

Can you direct me to the sorority sister's interviews. I have though they had been unusually quiet after the arrest. ty

Keep in mind her sorority sisters were the most vocal out of everyone in this case. Her friends and sorority sisters were responsible for getting this to the media because when she was first reported missing there were minor articles and no one was picking it up. Her sorority sisters organized the Facebook page and various other social media to find her, organized flier distribution events when she first went missing in SLC, held a press conference, have done multiple news interviews and podcasts, organized vigils, and put their lives on hold to help find her. They also attended his most recent court date and have started a non profit foundation in her honor.

I know many active in the thread are new here and haven't been here since the beginning so I just like to reiterate this.

Based on the Lyft driver’s description of ML when she left his vehicle and got into AA’s vehicle, I do not think she was under duress to meet with AA. I think she genuinely wanted to meet with him.

We don’t know how AA texted ML. When I heard him speak next to his lawyer, he was soft spoken with a lilting accent. He might have been quite charming over text and on the phone, sadly. It might be hard for many to fathom she wanted to meet with him, but she was communicating with him and she got in the car with him at Hatch park and per the description of the Lyft driver she was not under duress. AA and ML in Hatch park do not strike me as people conducting a drug buy, one of them blackmailing the other or any initial trickery. The more I think of it, I believe it seems they had a flirty connection via texting and on the phone, maybe shared some pics...maybe AA’s were not quite up to date or maybe that connection they had over texting and the phone wasn’t there in the car and it got awkward and deadly.

JUL 16, 2019
Friends of MacKenzie Lueck create foundation to give her a voice | Gephardt Daily
[...]

Her close friends announced the foundation, ‘MacKenzie’s Voice’ at the Matheson Courthouse Monday, and have also made a Facebook page to promote the nonprofit organization that “will advocate, educate, and celebrate MacKenzie’s life and legacy.”

[...]

“Words do not begin to describe the amount of sadness that we have been feeling over the past few weeks. We know that we share this pain with family, friends, and everyone in the community.

“MacKenzie Lueck was a strong independent woman that always chose to empower herself and those around her. MacKenzie was confident and always knew the right things to say. She was compassionate, loyal and kind to those around her. She is deeply loved and will be missed.”

[...]

“The person that took MacKenzie’s life has affected our entire community. Emotionally, we are in a state of shock, pain, anger and sadness. However, the person that took MacKenzie’s life cannot take away her voice. We will continue to persevere and live our lives how MacKenzie lived — in love and service.

“MacKenzie was excited to serve the community. With ‘MacKenzie’s Voice,’ we will continue to carry on her legacy by being a service to others in need.

“We hope that with the formation of ‘MacKenzie’s Voice’ we can bring light to a dark situation,” the statement continued. “We plan to (a) Continue to advocate for victims of violence in our community, (b) Support families with grief/trauma counseling, (c) Create a ‘manual’ for families and friends and friends of missing person(s), (d) Continue working with police departments to promote educational opportunities regarding missing person(s) investigations and workshops for our community, (e) Focus on finding other missing people.”

[...]

AA had no plan except to meet this beautiful woman and I think he wanted ML to respond and “no” wasn’t going to be an answer in whatever it was that caused them to meet at Hatch park at 3 am. I think he was charming via text and phone, his younger pics show him to be in shape and even with the glasses kind of a cute nerdy. I am not looking at him as we see him now with our knowledge, but as ML might have saw him. And via text and chatting on the phone and through pictures, there is no terrible gut feeling. I see a monster now, yes, but a monster then through the eyes of a 23 year old college girl...no...until she was probably saying “no” to him. Then she saw a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea