Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using a different image search today and it showed a whole slew of ML pictures from her alternate Instagram identity (my sleuth skills must need work missing that for 2 months). They struck me as trying to be provocative but imo were super awkward, like she wasn't as good at playing that part as she thought she was. It put her uber confident advice about that particular dating in a new light for me. Up until now I'd taken her for being pretty much in full control of her activities, but those pics make me believe that she wasn't really cut out for it and really might have ignored all the warning signs of what a fake creepy weirdo AA was.

I did a similar search early on in this case and came to similar conclusions. My sense then was of someone who was interested in exploration, not just in terms of new experiences but even wholesale identities, but had not quite worked out a direction. I suspect that she was much less experienced than she suggested, and that her SA and other online personas were modelled on others she had seen and admired -- the Hepburn pose, etc.

One of the tragedies of the case is that the early 20s are an ideal time to experiment with many facets of identity and personhood, sexual and other, and ideally a time when you may do so healthily and productively, as you figure out who and how you want to be. Most of us aren't brutally murdered along the way, with our intimate selves and secrets then exposed fir the world to see -- amounting to an incredibly ugly restriction (through condemnation) of precisely the freedoms she seems to have sought, in some quarters at least. Who among us dreams of becoming a cautionary tale?

They could just be the most recent people she had messaged?
Maybe one of them is the guy who was questioned by the reporter and said he had a bad feeling about Ayoola.
He said he texted her while she was at the airport and she sent him back a response but with no words. Just a heart or something like that. Imo

Maybe one of them is the guy who was questioned by the reporter and said he had a bad feeling about Ayoola.
He said he texted her while she was at the airport and she sent him back a response but with no words. Just a heart or something like that. Imo
Thanks. Not heard this before -- only that her last text was to AA.

Thanks. Not heard this before -- only that her last text was to AA.
There was an article by the same news source that originally questioned him with more detail which included the text message but I have no idea where to find it now.
From what I remember he sent the message right before she would have boarded the plane. Imo

I was using a different image search today and it showed a whole slew of ML pictures from her alternate Instagram identity (my sleuth skills must need work missing that for 2 months). They struck me as trying to be provocative but imo were super awkward, like she wasn't as good at playing that part as she thought she was. It put her uber confident advice about that particular dating in a new light for me. Up until now I'd taken her for being pretty much in full control of her activities, but those pics make me believe that she wasn't really cut out for it and really might have ignored all the warning signs of what a fake creepy weirdo AA was.

even the ones we saw on her known IG struck me as very awkward too

I did a similar search early on in this case and came to similar conclusions. My sense then was of someone who was interested in exploration, not just in terms of new experiences but even wholesale identities, but had not quite worked out a direction. I suspect that she was much less experienced than she suggested, and that her SA and other online personas were modelled on others she had seen and admired -- the Hepburn pose, etc.

One of the tragedies of the case is that the early 20s are an ideal time to experiment with many facets of identity and personhood, sexual and other, and ideally a time when you may do so healthily and productively, as you figure out who and how you want to be. Most of us aren't brutally murdered along the way, with our intimate selves and secrets then exposed fir the world to see -- amounting to an incredibly ugly restriction (through condemnation) of precisely the freedoms she seems to have sought, in some quarters at least. Who among us dreams of becoming a cautionary tale?
Not trying be a prude, but sometimes the metaphysical/spiritual trappings of sex obscure the inherent danger. <modsnip>
I don't think anyone knows what they're doing at that age. Healthy exploration would be kissing a girl or having a threesome or exploring polyamory or playing with your gender identification. This just seems like a whole different thing that shouldn't be shamed, but might not be something to characterize as healthy exploration, especially if you're a kitten posing as a tigress.
I say this with the full understanding that everything is hypothetical at this point

Last edited by a moderator:

Well said! Along those same lines, I got the impression she was experimenting with being an "Instagram Influencer" to see how many "follows" she might get.

There was an article by the same news source that originally questioned him with more detail which included the text message but I have no idea where to find it now.
From what I remember he sent the message right before she would have boarded the plane. Imo
So, it was her plan to meet with AA even before she got back? Guess they were making plans while she was in California? Or am I misreading the above?

So, it was her plan to meet with AA even before she got back? Guess they were making plans while she was in California? Or am I misreading the above?

I'm assuming the SLC police collected other information and had other interviews as part of investigation. Presumably much of that didn't really lead to anything and we don't see everything they did listed (nothing about interviews with roommates, friends, parents, etc)

So ... if we assume they listed things that (a) involved AA since they would need to give anything related to him and (b) related to ML's connection to AA but not necessarily everything they new about ML, then I think it is pretty clear they had some interaction before she went to California.

And ... the two guys listed who weren't the landscaper or contractor had connections to him, not her. Still wondering what those connections were. AirBNB guest? Former roomate? Something else?

Can't seem to find his Venmo account now so couldn't check if they were in his Venmo account. And, incidentally, I'm a little surprised they didn't have a warrant for his Venmo account listed.

I'm assuming the SLC police collected other information and had other interviews as part of investigation. Presumably much of that didn't really lead to anything and we don't see everything they did listed (nothing about interviews with roommates, friends, parents, etc)

So ... if we assume they listed things that (a) involved AA since they would need to give anything related to him and (b) related to ML's connection to AA but not necessarily everything they new about ML, then I think it is pretty clear they had some interaction before she went to California.

And ... the two guys listed who weren't the landscaper or contractor had connections to him, not her. Still wondering what those connections were. AirBNB guest? Former roomate? Something else?

Can't seem to find his Venmo account now so couldn't check if they were in his Venmo account. And, incidentally, I'm a little surprised they didn't have a warrant for his Venmo account listed.
In the list of Discovery docs... Recordings .04, MacKenzie's SD camera card...a. Bed cam, b. Living room cam. What do you suppose that is?
And the .07 Ajayi pole cam videos.

I thought the bed cam and living room cam related to AA, but after looking closer it is clearly stated MacKenzie's. A mountain of evidence to go thru...

I feel pretty certain the warrants for the two additional phones which are also on the witness list must-have information to either a.) prove a pattern of behavior whether that be people with knowledge of his marriage or other possible things or b.) Have some direct knowledge, experience, or evidence to support the prosecutions murder charge. Those two people were the only additional warrants issued for cell phone records besides KL and AA, so there has to be a significant connection somehow. The DA wouldn't call them to the stand without a pretty good reason.

I was thinking about the redacting of names being terrible, but I guess if this goes to trial those names will be public knowledge anyway.

Here is the Venmo link again @Puzzled25 in case you want to check for yourself. Just make sure you are logged in to see all the transactions.

Yellow Flowers

I was actually thinking of contacting the DA's office to tell them that their redaction technique does not work. Can't decide if I should. Anyone have an opinion?

Pretty sure the named individuals will do so pretty quickly. But there's no harm in shooting them an email.

In the list of Discovery docs... Recordings .04, MacKenzie's SD camera card...a. Bed cam, b. Living room cam. What do you suppose that is?
And the .07 Ajayi pole cam videos.

I thought the bed cam and living room cam related to AA, but after looking closer it is clearly stated MacKenzie's. A mountain of evidence to go thru...

I have thought a lot about the cams. They could be fairly innocent. I know quite a few people that have cams in their house for various reasons. There, of course, could be other reasons too but yesterday I jumped the gun a bit after reading the news and discovery and my mind went to the gutter initially. Now I am not so sure.

I did find this link today...

https://kslnewsradio.com/1909125/vi...qzFZtO81fgSTULZ_pQtXLU2Ux_3xTRjdTJM4icgdDwMLE

link states,

"Also, officers took a memory card from Lueck’s camera and videos allegedly shot by Ajayi on his “polecam,” which is a smaller and more portable version of a crane camera. It would not, however, disclose what was on those videos."

I did not know what a polecam was yesterday but several people pointed out it was most likely from police because of the dates listed on the discovery and not AA's camera. This link states differently but they also could be wrong.

You can read the names under the black out, their names appear further down on the list, I don’t know who they are related to though. The men may be known to either of them
Perhaps they were her 'Sugar Daddies'. One has a Texas drivers license number. Unless he recently moved to Utah what would someone from Texas have to do with this?

I don't know if it aggravates anyone else or not, but I'm so tired of attorneys being dismissive of circumstantial evidence when the USSC has said definitively it carries as much powerful weight, and even more so in many cases than direct evidence testimony.

That is why CE cases are the least likely cases to ever be overturned on appeal.

Most cases ARE CE cases. We just had two big trials which were based on CE evidence. Daron Wint was convicted, and sentenced to LWOP. Charles Merritt was convicted, and the jury recommended he be sentenced to death.

Imo, defense attorneys are really scared to death of CE cases for they know juries convicted most defendants far more often on CE than strictly direct evidence cases. It's a ploy used by DTs meant to deceive. Imo

Imo, They actually prefer direct evidence cases because they can argue the eye witnesses can be wrong.

I just wish they would all be honest for a change.

It's like all defense attorneys have this same statement tattooed on their forehead so they make sure to always say it. They constantly regurgitated the same old tired line ad nauseam.

Yet time, and time again juries do NOT believe their dismissive spiel about the weight CE carries.

It also is aggravating the media seems to always says a former prosecutor when what they should have just said they asked a defense attorney instead of being deceptive by stating former prosecutor.

McGee in the Merritt case was also a former prosecutor for 20 years, and since being a defense attorney he now poo poos CE when at one time he would clearly say it carries much weight.

Why can't they ever go to an acting prosecutor in another jurisdiction who is not over the case for their opinion?

Imo, they don't because most of the media seems to be pro defense as we have seen in many high profile cases lately.

Sorry for venting, but I'm just so tired of the deception being spun by DTs about CE cases.

Jmho
Great post! I agree.....So what if its largely CE. That's what convicts!!
CE evidence in this case may include:
Documentary evidence (the text messages), digital evidence (GPS signals on cell phone) physical evidence, forensic evidence, etc. All the above should be more than enough for a jury to convict "beyond a reasonable doubt"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member