Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually was doing that (because one of my daughter's went on her dad's plan which left an open line he utilized until the contract I had was up) very recently. He now only has one phone he uses for both. He says he actually prefers to just have the one as its easier to keep track of/access. Why do you ask?
Leads back to the size of that large bag and the vagueness of the suspect car and driver description. I'll get kicked if I say much more ...but a bit more investigative work by LE couldn't hurt

Just had a thought. If her flight was delayed, perhaps this person had visited the airport to pick her up at the expected time and had been in the process of returning to where they came from, perhaps feeling they were stood up, then she lands and makes arrangements to meet halfway. I would be interested in surveillance video of vehicles coming and leaving within certain time windows. Maybe have the Lyft driver view these to see if it can jog their memory. May even have exited the vehicle to look around at the airport. Jmo.

The horse is not dead, yet. Chief Doubt slips and uses the word “he” in the q&a part of yesterday’s press conference. It’s at about 6.55 in the video. SLC Police

Chief Doubt says the driver started taking calls...immediately after he dropped her off.

with all due respect, i guess i missed the point in trying to figure out if the lyft driver is M or F?

FWIW, i'm highly confident it would be a male. I'm not sure I can see a female driver working at 1,2,3 in the morning to be honest. I also don't know how many uber/lyft drivers in general i've seen that are female. I mean i know they exist, but it does seem to be a rather male dominated field.

Police want more tips about MacKenzie Lueck's social media and phone activity
Salt Lake Police said they need more tips.

Specifically, about the missing college student's social media accounts and a second phone - if she has one.

[...]

Rob Joseph, a long-time private investigator in Salt Lake and former Salt Lake Police Officer, said he is familiar with many dating sites where young women seek dates with older men.

He often digs through the sites looking for unfaithful spouses for his clients.

When he head about MacKenzie's case, he began digging and found a profile that appears to be hers on one such site.

[...]

Joseph passed his findings on to police.

[...]

The site shows the last time she logged on was June 16 - one day before she went missing.

[...]

"That person is the last person that saw her," he said.

[...]

MacKenzie's profile says she wants to be spoiled. She suggests going hiking, bar hopping or visiting her favorite wine bar.

Joseph said many girls who visit these sites do so naively thinking they will connect with men who are honest not knowing the person on the other side of the computer is less than honest.

[...]

TIP LINE (801)799-4420.

BBM

Would LE be able to determine with whom the communication was ?

Also, it would be interesting to know whether that person has suddenly left that site in the last few days.

I must be old or I have always divulged too much info but since very young was taught to at least let one person know your whereabouts and/or who you are with- and no matter if you fight with friends never leave anyone that you went someplace with alone- leave with who you came with. Just wish ML would have asked a roommate to feed her cat because she was at blah blah or with blah blah and expected to be home such and so time or day. Just commonplace for me and those I know I guess times have really changed. Hoping for a positive outcome here!!!!

It's like basic Buddy System 101 was lost between generations. For whatever reason, Kenzie decided that she could go from the airport to a park bordering the freeway at 3AM to meet someone, and no one needed to know what she was doing.

respectfully snipped by me.
Good for him!!

I ordered front/rear cameras TODAY because of this story and I don't even drive for anyone except myself!

Never "too" covered. JMO

He started looking into them online. What did you get? There's a huge price range for them. I told him after the past few cases involving/accusing Uber/Lyft drivers recently, the security of knowing you could potentially prove your innocence (yes I know you are not supposed to have to prove your innocence...innocent until proven guilty and all that...) Or in a case such as this, potentially help solve a crime or save a life had the other car been caught on camera, they're worth whatever they cost!

Police want more tips about MacKenzie Lueck's social media and phone activity
Salt Lake Police said they need more tips.

Specifically, about the missing college student's social media accounts and a second phone - if she has one.

[...]

Rob Joseph, a long-time private investigator in Salt Lake and former Salt Lake Police Officer, said he is familiar with many dating sites where young women seek dates with older men.

He often digs through the sites looking for unfaithful spouses for his clients.

When he head about MacKenzie's case, he began digging and found a profile that appears to be hers on one such site.

[...]

Joseph passed his findings on to police.

[...]

The site shows the last time she logged on was June 16 - one day before she went missing.

[...]

"That person is the last person that saw her," he said.

[...]

MacKenzie's profile says she wants to be spoiled. She suggests going hiking, bar hopping or visiting her favorite wine bar.

Joseph said many girls who visit these sites do so naively thinking they will connect with men who are honest not knowing the person on the other side of the computer is less than honest.

[...]

TIP LINE (801)799-4420.

Wow. Nice open invitation."

I wonder if she has heard of this film, whether it should be required reading for students looking to be spoiled:
Looking for Mr. Goodbar (film) - Wikipedia

We're allowed to discuss the article. You should PM a mod if you're referring to the earlier warning. MOO

Ahh ok. I basically said the same thing that the PI in the article is quoted as saying. All that matters is how the mystery person viewed things (terms), and it may not be the same as how we view them or how ML viewed them. I don't think we should downplay the danger of this type of interaction, as the PI seemed to have also alluded to. Thanks for posting the article.

LE can get access to everything you say and send, even on apps like Snapchat once they have a warrant...which they apparently now do. Snapchat keeps everything on their servers. Not to mention many keyboard apps and iOS and Android keep this information as well.
I’m not sure about that. A case followed last summer (Mollie T) involved a Snapchat she sent to her boyfriend and no one could retrieve it after he deleted it.

Support says cannot
Snapchat Support

No alibis = multiple POIs lol

That is because you are looking at it from a different viewpoint which is totally ok. But after looking at other missing persons cases, I would ask the question, "Where were you at 3 am on the morning of June 17, 2019?" while the case is still recent....

I think doing the right things at the beginning matters because you do not know how long the case may go on. Hopefully the case is short and wrapped up quickly, but you never know. So I would ask the question even if it meant I had numerous recordings to go through later hoping I got lucky.

Leads back to the size of that large bag and the vagueness of the suspect car and driver description. I'll get kicked if I say much more ...but a bit more investigative work by LE couldn't hurt

Ohhhh I understand! I wonder if L.E. has interviewed the riders picked up after KM was dropped off. Do you think the LYFT drivers phone records were checked in the process of clearing him, or no because Lyft verified he had riders immediately following KMs drop off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26