GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being here in Utah, the big let-down for me has been Susan Powell. I was numb when I heard about Josh and the boys. There will never be justice on that one.

I do appreciate the fact that his dad's life has basically been ruined.

Oh yeah. Horrible horrible case. Poor Susan/Family and those little boys

I just remembered Monday is Veterans Day! So no court that day for sure. Here is the link to Utah courts. Go to Provo and down on page 5 it shows this trial. Does anyone know FOR SURE if they will be deliberating tomorrow (Sat.)?

https://www.utcourts.gov/lawlibrary/holidays.html

Thank you.

I wasn't counting Monday as a day of deliberation.....Yay to our Veterans!!

:drumroll::loveyou::loveyou:

That's it for me tonight friends. Closing up the office and turning off the lights.

I hope we have a verdict soon for the family and friends of Michele and justice for Michele.

We must be twins from different parents because HLN's commerical laden programming of the Casey Anthony's trial caused me to web search for another livestream until I found the one from a local TV company broadcasting it in Florida. I don't think I ran across this website until my attention was caught by what happened to the lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare and the woman who scammed him out of his remaining millions, put a bullet in his head and planted him in the backyard of the mansion she stole from him.

I bet membership really swelled here around that time. The Arias trial led me here, and now I wonder how I got along without you all. :blushing:

I have to call it soon too. Kids-well my grown kids are coming for pizza and wings shortly. I'll likely pop in later and for sure tomorrow. Have a great eve to all those heading out.

I agree. And his past crimes cannot be brought up until sentencing, but that is the law in murder trials and makes sense in a Democracy ruled country.

The biggest thing I would think the jurors would think is:

Why would a person that just had a facial surgery done ever put her head face down in a tub? Does not make common sense to do so.

What was the blood from on the towels and clothes?

If blood was from face lift, well, something went wrong once home. But, there would not be so much visible blood that others noted it.

BBM : This is, for me, one of the most incriminating pieces of evidence. On her arrival at hospital the examining doctor noted that some of Michele's stitches had opened. These would have bled. Had she fallen herself, she would most likely have notified someone before using the towels to clean up. This means that someone else used those towels to mop up blood. Doug, the neighbour, found no towels in the bathroom when he looked. He found the bloodied towels in the basement.

This is how I remember it, from the warrant.

I'm sorry but does anyone know if the Lortab was liquid?

As for CA I'm from Central FL and when it went to Pinellis County well, no surprise.

I agree. I will be surprised if they do a whole day of deliberations tomorrow and don't have a verdict. It helps that there are no lesser included charges. imo

I too am thinking tomorrow after lunch. As far as I could tell the instructions and choices were quite simple compared to many murder trials and I think that bodes well for a guilty verdict tomorrow. It is not really a complicated case and I feel motive, opportunity and means were pretty completely summed up by the prosecution. Glad Pead was not up for closing but his best moments were with the ergonomics guy yesterday...it was priceless.

WOW! I think it will be tomorrow, but I'm always short by one or two days, so that makes it next Tuesday.......but I really think tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah...I think so too, at the most 2 days.

I agree. And his past crimes cannot be brought up until sentencing, but that is the law in murder trials and makes sense in a Democracy ruled country.

The biggest thing I would think the jurors would think is:

Why would a person that just had a facial surgery done ever put her head face down in a tub? Does not make common sense to do so.

What was the blood from on the towels and clothes?

If blood was from face lift, well, something went wrong once home. But, there would not be so much visible blood that others noted it.

I have never had a facelift etc. but I would not doubt if there were some instructions not to "bend over" with all those stitched up wounds etc. A shower would make much more sense.

I am fairly new here and have really enjoyed all the comments here...some pretty keen legal minds and it really makes watching the trial so much more interesting. I suspect many are like me that have no one in their lives that get into a trial like they do. I don't know anyone that even knows about this trial let alone talk in detail about it. Thanks and do post as to what trials are coming up that seem interesting?

If you love trials, WS is addicting. When I start talking about the latest trial to my friends, their eyes glaze over. So I come here for a fix....:blushing:

Thank you, minor4th. I've never had or seen a request like that.

BBM : This is, for me, one of the most incriminating pieces of evidence. On her arrival at hospital the examining doctor noted that some of Michele's stitches had opened. These would have bled. Had she fallen herself, she would most likely have notified someone before using the towels to clean up. This means that someone else used those towels to mop up blood. Doug, the neighbour, found no towels in the bathroom when he looked. He found the bloodied towels in the basement.

This is how I remember it, from the warrant.

I think the neighbor found the wet towels in the laundry room

:seeya:

If you love trials, WS is addicting. When I start talking about the latest trial to my friends, their eyes glaze over. So I come here for a fix....:blushing:

LOL Yes it also keeps our significant others from having to pretend to always be interested :floorlaugh:

I am in same time zone as the trial. Usually play cards at 6 p.m. on Friday nights. Just called friend and said I'm skipping tonight. She said "Are you still watching the dam# trial?" LOL

I am in same time zone as the trial. Usually play cards at 6 p.m. on Friday nights. Just called friend and said I'm skipping tonight. She said "Are you still watching the dam# trial?" LOL

Haaaaa :floorlaugh::loveyou:

Now that you say that I think your right. I'm starting to mix up facts.

Didn't Rachel say she found a pile of wet clothes that had some blood on it? I thought she said it was in the garage. I think she said she washed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member