UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember looking through the 70+ photos on the Zillow listing for JH’s monstrosity of a “home” and thinking, “Oh, that room was probably where they locked the kids up” or “well, that is pretty much the textbook example of a safe room,” which we now know to be true thanks to the bodycam footage.

I remember looking through the 70+ photos on the Zillow listing for JH’s monstrosity of a “home” and thinking, “Oh, that room was probably where they locked the kids up” or “well, that is pretty much the textbook example of a safe room,” which we now know to be true thanks to the bodycam footage.

They just showed the footage of the house. It’s like a massive compound.

Listening to the 911 call in this video from Law & Crime. The male neighbor caller said that the boy (R?) told them to call the police.

I find this remarkable because very often children will still try to defend/protect their parents despite how abused and neglected they have been. Kids will be shown a better life in a foster home but still choose to go back to their parents (or just mom, usually) because its their instinct and they feel obligated to do so. I'm sure the kids' minds are wracked with so many different thoughts and feelings right now but it had to take a lot for that boy to ask for authorities.

Also, I'll never hear Payphone by Maroon 5 the same way again.

Listening to the 911 call in this video from Law & Crime. The male neighbor caller said that the boy (R?) told them to call the police.

I find this remarkable because very often children will still try to defend/protect their parents despite how abused and neglected they have been. Kids will be shown a better life in a foster home but still choose to go back to their parents (or just mom, usually) because its their instinct and they feel obligated to do so. I'm sure the kids' minds are wracked with so many different thoughts and feelings right now but it had to take a lot for that boy to ask for authorities.

Also, I'll never hear Payphone by Maroon 5 the same way again.

What a brave young boy. His actions led to revealing the truth.

Hearing her journal entries was creepy.

R had escaped once before; RF and JH drove around at night until they found him.

A few things struck me about the video of R on the neighbor's Ring camera. First, his little legs were so incredibly thin. And second? He was so sweet and polite, even after all he had been through.

MOO, of course: Ruby's diary of atrocities against her own children will get her so many more years in prison.

I'm appalled this is all being made public. These kids were already all over social media, now they're being shown in their most vulnerable, starved and abused states to the entire world. How does this help them?

MOO

I do understand your point of view, but I also believe that this is really important for people to know and fully see the extent of her horrific deeds. We've created a culture of influencer worshiping people, who believe everything they see on a YouTube channel is true, and they want to emulate it. Anyone who followed Ruby, and believed her methods, but didn't know the extent of her abuse certainly will now, and if it saves even one more child from the guise of being corrected when in reality being subjected to child abuse, then maybe it is worth it.

I guarantee you she still has supporters. I too, was willing to give Ruby slightly more of a pass than Jodi, also thinking that she was being brainwashed, and influenced herself by a much stronger personality but I agree with those that her cruelty and evil was there just waiting for someone to tap into it. It's important for her true misdeeds to come to light.

I do understand your point of view, but I also believe that this is really important for people to know and fully see the extent of her horrific deeds. We've created a culture of influencer worshiping people, who believe everything they see on a YouTube channel is true, and they want to emulate it. Anyone who followed Ruby, and believed her methods, but didn't know the extent of her abuse certainly will now, and if it saves even one more child from the guise of being correcting when in reality being subjected to child abuse, then maybe it is worth it.

I guarantee you she still has supporters. I too, was willing to give Ruby slightly more of a pass than Jodi, also thinking that she was being brainwashed, and influenced herself by a much stronger personality but I agree with those that her cruelty and evil was there just waiting for someone to tap into it. It's important for her true misdeeds to come to light.
So, as I said, it doesn't help these children at all. Those pictures of them are out there on the internet and in the media forever, as are descriptions of their bodies and their abuse. In the name of the 'greater good'. It shames their abuser, so it's okay.

These aren't deceased victims, these are living children who could not have consented to this. That is what I have a problem with.

MOO

• Doorbell camera footage captures how her 12-year-old boy managed to escape the torture and alert a neighbor to their suffering
  • While another clip shows a cop discovering the nine-year-old girl crouched down in a closet
Photos are nauseating.
Any time a 'parent' like Ruby deems themselves to be 'god' is always followed by abuse.
The photo of the boy from his back looks like a concentration camp victim from WW2.
Omo.

So glad the pictures/videos have been released for the world to see for them selves what these 2 horrible women were capable of doing to children. I didn’t keep up with this case and this is why, i knew deep down that it was going to be bad.

Neither one can try to say it wasn’t that bad.

Hope the prison they are in allows access to these images so the other prisoners can see what they did to these children.

Should have been given way more time.
Let prison justice prevail.

Jmo

So, as I said, it doesn't help these children at all. Those pictures of them are out there on the internet and in the media forever, as are descriptions of their bodies and their abuse. In the name of the 'greater good'. It shames their abuser, so it's okay.

These aren't deceased victims, these are living children who could not have consented to this. That is what I have a problem with.

MOO

The only reason everybody knows who the victims are is because of Ruby and 8 Passengers.

The law has protected the minors and no photos of their faces have been released.

So blame Ruby for exploiting the children and not the law who are doing their damnedest to protect these children.

MOO

Is the 20/20 episode tonight new?
I didn't know there was an episode ?

Good if there is a documentary to reveal the thought process behind the abusers ... my .02 is that these kids need to be protected from any other family or extended family/church people who may hold the same beliefs about the discipline the kids were subjected to.
Think about it, the root word for 'discipline' is 'disciple', or to teach and instruct.
Too many people see it as a form of allowing mistreatment !
Omo.

I didn't know there was an episode ?

Good if there is a documentary to reveal the thought process behind the abusers ... my .02 is that these kids need to be protected from any other family or extended family/church people who may hold the same beliefs about the discipline the kids were subjected to.
Think about it, the root word for 'discipline' is 'disciple', or to teach and instruct.
Too many people see it as a form of allowing mistreatment !
Omo.

Spot on!!

You only have to see Kevin’s reaction to know he clearly only cared about Ruby and not the childrens welfare. He seemed willing to sacrifice everything for Ruby and abandoned the children for a year without checking in on them. This means everybody can now see how toxic the entire family is and they also played a part in not giving a damn about checking in on how they were doing in that year. Some are still supporting her as well so they should have zero access to children incase of manipulation.

Moo

I can see why Ruby and Jodi pled guilty. Had this gone to trial it would have been explosive. I really hope that somebody does a series about this. I only heard of them when they were arrested and would like to hear more of the background and how it all started.

What a monster. Look at how she petulantly stares at the investigators. She couldn't even answer whether she wanted a snack. But she stared at them with such defiant, weird smugness. I can only imagine the hell her poor kids went through at her hands. She is evil. I'm so scared she won't serve much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member