Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s also entirely possible that her phone just died. I realize that would be a huge coincidence but I think it’s as likely as him overpowering her, grabbing her phone and powering it off before the Lyft driver even made it out of the parking lot.

He points a gun at her, and says “give me your phone.”

Once he does that, he can restrain her, or just keep driving.

It’s late, the roads are deserted, and he’s driving too fast for her to consider jumping out.

Besides that, he’s got a gun close at hand, and she would have been terrified to make a move.

I like that scenario, far more than I like the phone dying one.

The odds of her phone shutting off on its own, less than a minute after she enters the vehicle of her killer, is really unlikely IMO.

Even more so, because it jibes perfectly with what he was trying to achieve.

Not leaving a trail.

He points a gun at her, and says “give me your phone.”

Once he does that, he can restrain her, or just keep driving.

It’s late, the roads are deserted, and he’s driving too fast for her to consider jumping out.

Besides that, he’s got a gun close at hand, and she would have been terrified to make a move.

I like that scenario, far more than I like the phone dying one.

The odds of her phone shutting off on its own, less than a minute after she enters the vehicle of her killer, is really unlikely IMO.

Even more so, because it jibes perfectly with what he was trying to achieve.

Not leaving a trail.

I mean he wasn’t smart enough to realize the trail he had already left, soo...

I’m not fully committed to the dying phone, I’m just not fully committed to the alternative either.

I would also like to add that people meet on these apps and end up getting married! I’ve known several people that met on apps known as hook up apps like Tinder and I forgot the other popular one, hit it off and got married. They aren’t always used for hook ups. Just another way to meet people that you wouldn’t normally cross paths with.

I'm jumping in trying to catch up again! Why do you think they returned? Did they obtain a different type of warrant due to the arrest and charges?
Good question. They did seem to leave the house for awhile - with just one LE posted. And then returned.

Maybe the info from the handyman about the soundproof room led them back?? Just guessing.

jmo

I definitely did not mean to imply that he is smart or that I believe his ridiculous string of work experience. But, the National Guard has verified his short experience with them. I also found the comments from his former roommate interesting regarding his dates going in to his room and not coming out, for any reason, for 2 and 3 days at a time. It has me considering that he is a skilled predator. Similar to the guys who remove the door handles from the inside of the passenger door. One minute is an amazingly brief time to disable her phone, even with a gun. Unless she had it in her hand it would take at least a minute to find the phone and disable it and with a gun pointed at you nerves would slow you down or you might toss it away from you.

I'm reminded of the cases where the victim willingly gets in a car is then subdued, via injected drugs or a stun gun. I'm also wondering whether the "dates" that would stay silently in his room all managed to leave. moo

I just wanted to say thank you all for the comments and support. This was obviously a devastating blow. I had wondered about this possibility but until it's reality you don't know how hard it will hit until it does. I hope this sick human being will pay ten times over for what he has done to our sweet friend. She didn't deserve this. Regardless of any choices she ever made she didn't. Thank you to all for the love. I haven't seen too many details because I needed some time after I officially heard the charges being read. Thank you to this community for being a support.
@yellowmoose, the work you and her sorority sisters did to get Kenzie's name out in the press and world is a testament to her goodness and the deep quality of love and respect you all have had for each other. As those of us who have had loved ones lost to violence already know, the path to healing and normalcy is very rocky and long. I wish you peace. You did everything possible to get your friend home. I will keep you and all of her friends in my thoughts. Best, Kaen

They’re still removing potential evidence from that house.

More bags of stuff coming out of Ayoola Ajayi's house this evening, the man police say kidnapped and murdered U of U student MacKenzie Lueck. @slcpd is here again, apparently still going over his home. @fox13

Lauren Steinbrecher on Twitter

Opps! Sounds like they found "the room".
You know....the "secret room"? :rolleyes:

They'll be searching that house and haulin stuff out for a month of Sundays. Times like this I've wondered why they just dont pull a moving van up to the door, take everything, then send a bulldozer through it.

And on another note, do they have everything from the back yard and are they calling that clear?

MOO, MOO

They'll be searching that house and haulin stuff out for a month of Sundays. Times like this I've wondered why they just dont pull a moving van up to the door, take everything, then send a bulldozer through it.

And on another note, do they have everything from the back yard and are they calling that clear?

MOO, MOO

Ha! I really don’t think it exists. There’s no reports of construction, and it doesn’t appear he ever found anyone to actually build it.

I’m sure that backyard is clear. They have a process for excavating areas like that, and they would have stayed until they were done.

It appears it was isolated to that fire pit.

Good question. They did seem to leave the house for awhile - with just one LE posted. And then returned.

Maybe the info from the handyman about the soundproof room led them back?? Just guessing.

jmo

Ok so I got to peek in a bit today, but of course cannot post from work if I want to still have my job...
And...I saw the comment about soundproof room and hooks...WTF???????? Is that right? Was there a room like that or he was asking to have one constructed? A handyman mentioned that? whuuut?

OH EM GEE

Last edited:

MOO, MOO
I'm watching the interview with the handyman now and he said he wanted a secret door (bookshelf-type) and the room was only about 4 ft wide by 9 ft, I think. He said he wanted it soundproof so he could sit in there and listen to music. He described his girlfriend as Mormon and white. Still listening...

Ha! I really don’t think it exists. There’s no reports of construction, and it doesn’t appear he ever found anyone to actually build it.

I’m sure that backyard is clear. They have a process for excavating areas like that, and they would have stayed until they were done.

It appears it was isolated to that fire pit.
wheew! well I sure hope not

I'm watching the interview with the handyman now and he said he wanted a secret door (bookshelf-type) and the room was only about 4 ft wide by 9 ft, I think. He said he wanted it soundproof so he could sit in there and listen to music. He described his girlfriend as Mormon and white. Still listening...
Gross!!!
That poor girl...what a sicko. No one deserves that kind of weirdness and harm thrown at them.

Now that this creep has been arrested, I will comment on my thoughts.

Do we know if Mackenzie changed clothes at the airport?
The outfit we see her in is certainly not a date appropriate one for a SD/SB. IMO. Therefore, my thoughts were whoever was picking her up in the park was a younger guy, more casual type, and they surely had known each other for a while.

It doesn’t matter what time it is, a new friendship or relationship girl is not going to meet this guy without fixing herself up a bit. IMO she was dressed to travel, not for meeting a special guy.

It will be interesting to learn how long they had known each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname