Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can tell you that before his Airbnb posting was removed, I specifically read on his listing that surveillance cameras were in use.

Whenever I have had to check into a regular name brand motel I always look around and wonder if somehow the place has a hidden camera. I usually just brush it off but after all the cases like this one and other cases where an owner or worker at the place installed a hidden camera, I am now even more suspect.

You cant trust anything anymore these days.

Note to Self - Look into obtaining some electronic gadget that detects recording devices before checking into another motel. :)

His MySpace.. nothing there but a couple pics and 2 connections.
Ayoola ajayi Adisa (humble88) on Myspace
@PommyMommy
Anyone find this? It was linked to on his model page.

@PommyMommy

success945

EBM not sure if I should have embedded that, was using app so couldnt link.

Uploaded link instead.
Thank you both. I'll try to post a complete list today. I'm gonna have to start getting up earlier I see...LOL :oops:
I have to say that us, EuroSleuths, are def on a more "reader friendly" cadence!
Welcome from across the pond! :)
Long-time lurker, first-time poster on this case. So I don’t think the SB / SD lifestyle is part of this. I say this because of how she is dressed. She knows this guy and trusts him. I’m not saying they were dating, although casual dating is a possibility. I’m wondering if she was meeting him for a job - modeling / acting. Or maybe that’s what she thought she was doing. So she lands at the airport and has a text from him that says, “I need a model for this project I’m working on. My Airbnb is empty so you can stay there and we can start working on it tomorrow. Take a Lyft to the park and I’ll pick you up. I’m at so and so’s house, so the park is on my way home.” In her tired state, maybe this would make since to her? I just can’t think of any other possible reason she would go to a park to meet someone who actually lived so close by at 3am.
Thanks for joining us, Ltiger4. Glad you came out of lurking! :)

If this AJ guy did something to her, and before he made the mistake and became a POI, he likely would have wanted to keep the track away from his residence and possibly move evidence to near that Hatch location. I would bet around Hatch would still be a good place to search.

JMO
Im thinking it was his planning for that timing more than hers. Since he apparently asked her to meet him at the park and not be dropped off directly at his house I think maybe he had pre-planned to kill her. Maybe making a snuff film or just his sick desire to kill someone. The perp probably thought her flight and her drop off by the Lyft driver at the park would make LE accuse the Lyft driver instead of anyone else.

Its beginning to look like the Lyft driver was spot on in describing why he didnt get to see the other driver. The perp probably never got out of his car on purpose to avoid the Lyft driver seeing him.

If this was all premeditation by the perp then it begins to fit. Sickos like that get "the plan" all worked out in their heads and the one critical thing they never contemplate is things never go exactly according to plan and that is what always trips them up. Like did this perp forget about the cleaning lady he hired that had already seen the inside of his place. Did the perp not think through all the SM connections he had. And of course the perp did not consider his astute neighbor who noticed the new mattress being delivered.

He was probably thinking there were no ties to him and yet LE executed a search warrant for his place in a relatively short time after she went missing.
She would have to have a level of trust to meet him at an isolated park, or, he would have to have a compelling reason why Lyft couldn't bring her to his house. And if he had people coming and going to and from the AirBnB unit, it's not like he would have needed to hide someone being dropped off with luggage. Hopefully, there is something in the footprint LE is looking at that points to why she went to the park, because I would think that points to more about the path afterward and what may have either gone south, or suggests that he planned the whole thing and the park ties into that. It just seems to make no sense to have the additional moving part of the park drop off if they were headed back to his house. Unless they weren't.

What I find so remarkable about this case is the short time between her missing status and the extensive sweep that was done on that house. You don't just tell a judge, so we want to dig around in the backyard, unless you have some pretty specific information.

I am dumb enough to let stragers rent my house with me I actually live in this same neighborhood and have a similar setup. I dont currently rent, but I have rented 2 rooms in my basement in the past. I also have a security cameras in the common area of my house. It was pretty helpful for seeing when airbnb guests showed up or left and just to make sure nothing out of the ordinary was going on. In about a years time, i probably rented to over 50 guests. Never had much of any issue. The extra money was nice.
Nice reminder that normal people doing regular business in a normal way exist! :)

Much more can be learned by doing thorough interviews with the sorority sisters. Far better understanding of what she has been willing to do in the past.

My opinion, sorority sisters are holding back info to try and protect her reputation
It could definitely be a risk management issue with the national branch of the sorority. It's not just KL's reputation, it's the reputation of the whole chapter and its national organization. When I was in college we had a chapter shut down because of non-chapter related behavior of members (drug dealing IIRC) that reflected poorly on the national. It's a whole thing and is definitely concerning. IMO I wonder if the national is stepping in for support and the girls don't want to say anything risky.

I am not sure if this angle has been brought up, if so ehh. cool.
Hypothetical, being the entrepreneur he is. He likes money. What if he got involved in human trafficking.
Picked her up under false pretense. Subdued her. Brought her into his lair so bidders could see her via CCTV.
Sold her the next day. Got paid. But then freaked out at all the news attention, so he decided to sell the mattress and box spring.
Burn anything he thought she touched. Its far fetched but the world we live in its plausible.

Just a thought

Anything is possible, but, in my general knowledge of trafficking, offenders usually choose victims to traffic who (tragically) won’t be missed. Runaways, prostitutes, homeless people, etc. So, I find it highly unlikely he would kidnap a college student like ML to traffic. MOO

It could definitely be a risk management issue with the national branch of the sorority. It's not just KL's reputation, it's the reputation of the whole chapter and it's national organization. When I was in college we had a chapter shut down because of non-chapter related behavior of members that reflected poorly on the national. It's a whole thing and is definitely concerning. IMO I wonder if the national is stepping in for support and the girls don't want to say anything risky.

Good point

She would have to have a level of trust to meet him at an isolated park, or, he would have to have a compelling reason why Lyft couldn't bring her to his house. And if he had people coming and going to and from the AirBnB unit, it's not like he would have needed to hide someone being dropped off with luggage. Hopefully, there is something in the footprint LE is looking at that points to why she went to the park, because I would think that points to more about the path afterward and what may have either gone south, or suggests that he planned the whole thing and the park ties into that. It just seems to make no sense to have the additional moving part of the park drop off if they were headed back to his house. Unless they weren't.

What I find so remarkable about this case is the short time between her missing status and the extensive sweep that was done on that house. You don't just tell a judge, so we want to dig around in the backyard, unless you have some pretty specific information.
Yes, he had guests/females coming in and out of this place and he didn't need to hide that.

But if he planned for ML to be killed (which I think was indeed his plan), he had to hide that. imo

Hence, he hid her arrival.

jmo

If there is anything I have learned in following cases, it is that many people live secret lives that we really have absolutely no clue about. Not saying she was living a life one way or another, but it is important to keep a very open mind when it comes to potential victims and POI, suspects. Things are rarely as they seem.

So very true!!!!

Much more can be learned by doing thorough interviews with the sorority sisters. Far better understanding of what she has been willing to do in the past.

My opinion, sorority sisters are holding back info to try and protect her reputation
Welcome to Websleuths, morty4185. Glad to have you with us. :)

If I cleaned the place before, I would not have broadcasted it on social media or on tv. I would have quietly told LE. It only useful information for them. That’s just me though.
Yes, and if she had gone to LE with this information, I would think they would direct her not to do any interviews with the media.

Yes, he had guests/females coming in and out of this place and he didn't need to hide that.

But if he planned for ML to be killed (which I think was indeed his plan), he had to hide that. imo

Hence, he hid her arrival.

jmo

I am a bit behind, but what are your thoughts on possible motive(s)? Apologies if this has been discussed.

This is a short interview the cleaning lady did last night on Fox. She cleaned the AirBnB in March. She said he wanted her to come back every couple weeks, but she said it was too strange to her and she ghosted him. He wouldn't let her clean the basement bedroom. She said every room had cameras set up. 3 in the master bedroom.

MacKenzie Lueck: What we know about the home police searched

Yes, I posted this in the last thread. I have communicated with Tara, the woman who cleaned his house.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already; this thread is moving so fast I can’t keep up.

Re: the Instagram follow, ML could have sent a follow request weeks ago and it was just accepted. If it was a like on a pic, that would be in real time.

Warrants had been issued for her social media that morning. I think while law enforcement was investigating her Instagram they switched her privacy settings from private to public and that triggered that once private fatherless like from long ago to go public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member