UT UT - Robin Putnam, 25, Salt Lake City, 8 July 2012

Jacie, thanks for your help! We totally saturated all the places in SLC you mentioned that provide services to homeless people there, plus more, with Robin's flier early on...we think he probably left SLC early on, as he knows we would come looking for him there...it is completely out of character for him to do this, and of course, it breaks our hearts and we are still worried sick about him...

Jacie, thanks for your help! We totally saturated all the places in SLC you mentioned that provide services to homeless people there, plus more, with Robin's flier early on...we think he probably left SLC early on, as he knows we would come looking for him there...it is completely out of character for him to do this, and of course, it breaks our hearts and we are still worried sick about him...

You are most welcome. I wish we were still living in SLC so I could offer more help.

Best wishes to you, keep strong for Robin.

Thanks to everyone on this website who have helped us in our search for Robin Putnam! We now think he probably left Salt Lake City early on and could be anywhere in the country...he had mentioned wanting to check out other cities, as he was really burned out on the Bay area...I would keep your eyes peeled in places like Portland, OR, and Seattle...any city with a decent arts scene, as he is an incredibly talented artist...he could be hanging out with the other young, homeless street artists, or he could be spending a lot of time at a Buddhist temple, etc. We think there is a good chance he has changed his last name (possibly to avoid his student loan debt), but he likes his first name and a young homeless guy overhead him telling someone his name is Robin at the Homeless Youth Resource Center in SLC the day after he got off the train...thanks again!

Cindy, you may already have this information but, just in case, I'm posting it.

http://www.slbuddhist.org/

There is also a place in Rose Park section of SLC.

http://citysquares.com/b/vietnamese-unified-buddhist-church-13593501

Hi Cindy

I think it would be a good idea to create a Find Robin Putnam Facebook page. Especially since you feel he has left the Salt Lake City area. With Facebook, his face will get out to a lot of people in a lot of areas of the country.

I am so glad you joined and have posted on Websleuths. Please let us know how we can help.

Welcome Cindy!

I want to add that I also think a Find Robin Facebook Page will be of great help. So many young people do not watch the news, but most of them use Facebook or Twitter daily.

I hope Robin is found soon by his loving family.

I can cmpletely understand student loan debt playing a role in Robin's anxiety, mental health issues, and disappearance. Facing a boatload of a student debt & knowing that it would take something akin to winning the lottery to ever pay off (or in some cases, just to make the monthly payments & still be able to afford rent, food, & other necessities) is a reality for so many of us with an education in arts, liberal arts, education, humanities, or the social sciences.

Robin's story seems to me to be a personified example of the enormous student debt problem we have in the US.

The average US student graduates with $23k in student loans. There's more student loan debt in our country than auto debt or credit card debt. About half of all college graduates are unemployed or unemployed. Some economists think student loan debt will be the next bubble to burst. (http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/06/opinion/bennett-student-debt) Yet society keeps encouraging teenagers to take out massive amounts of loans for college, no matter which degree they are seeking. No one would give an 18 year old with no credit, no job/part-time job, or no collateral a $50,000 loan for a car or a $100,000 loan for a house. But we'll give these same teens/young adults the same amount in loans for college, even if they'll never be able to pay them off because their majors aren't science-math-engineering-computer science-etc degrees. I hope Robin knows he's not alone. Many of his generation and older are facing this situation.

1346250037503e25355dc66.jpg

Link:
http://e.cityweekly.net/pub-files/1...ly-08-30-2012/lib/1346250037503e25355dc66.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back