UT UT - Rosie Tapia, 6, Salt Lake City, 13 Aug 1995

Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
New information in the unsolved murder of a six year old girl is giving hope to police and her family.

On August 13th, 1995, Rosie's mother went into her room and found the screen on the window ripped, and her daughter gone. Her body was later found in a canal, near her family's apartment. She had been sexually assaulted.

Salt Lake police have worked countless leads since that day. Today, nine years later, they have one more. <modsnip: broken link>

If your child disappears, pray for her safe return -- and then pray for a media blitz.

It is a lesson few know better than Tamara and Richard Davis, whose daughter, Kiplyn, hasn't been seen for seven years. When the bubbly girl with the red bouncy hair disappeared from Spanish Fork High School, there were no reporters, no helicopters and no 6 o'clock updates. For that matter, there was barely an investigation -- at least initially. <modsnip: broken link>

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of March 13, 2023.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Around the time of OJ. This crime happened right around that time. I used to live there and am familiar with some details of the case. I believe the man is someone who has been suspected all along, but police had no conclusive evidence. Poor little Rosie. I hope justice will finally prevail for her.

New clue may lead to Rosie Tapia's killer <modsnip: broken link>

Detectives seek new information in Rosie Tapia's murder <modsnip: broken link>

So was this sketch put out just recently? Does that mean that they never had one drawn up back when this first occurred? Please tell me they have not had this information for that long and not gotten it out there. I hope I'm reading this wrong.....

Murder of Rosie Tapia remains unsolved after 16 years <modsnip: broken link>

Family of 6-year-old murder victim still holds out hope for a resolution <modsnip: broken link>

37b1a149-2577-4d6e-95d7-3aba8aba721a_zpscee818ce.jpg

http://fox13now.com/2014/08/13/19-years-after-daughters-murder-mother-still-hopes-for-answers/

Rosie&#8217;s mother, Lewine, said she does what she can to keep the case alive in the media and said she speaks with detectives on a regular basis&#8212;hoping to one day get justice for her daughter.

&#8220;I want the public to know that I&#8217;m not giving up, I&#8217;m not giving up that hope that one day that person will come forward, or they will make the arrest of the person who took her,&#8221; she said. &#8220;&#8230;This way, when I leave, I can rejoice with Rosie that we found the person that took her. She can rest, and I can rest: so that&#8217;s my goal.&#8221;

Lewine said she spoke with detectives Wednesday morning, and she said they told her they were doing a new round of interviews in connection with the case and had a few more still to do. She said they told her they would contact her if any new information comes to light.

According to the article with the composite drawing, this man had medium length brown hair. That sketch clearly depicts a man with a very short hairstyle. That makes no sense!

Police search for new evidence in TV archives in murder case of Rosa Tapia

http://fox13now.com/2016/09/27/police-search-for-new-evidence-in-tv-archives-in-murder-case-of-rosa-tapia/

Police are turning to television stations in Salt Lake City for help to solve a murder from 1995. Police say 6-year-old Rosa Tapia was kidnapped, assaulted, and then murdered, her body found in a river outside the family's apartment.

"We have a statement of a suspicious individual that was seen by our witness on a local television station doing an interview," said Lt. Greg Wilking with Salt Lake City Police.

Now, police are hoping to find that suspicious person in FOX 13's archived footage. However, the question remains, what does he look like?

Investigators believe killer may be in news footage of 1995 murdered girl

Justice for Rosie Tapia Facebook Page

The link with the sketch appears to be defunct. How was he described? How dark was his "brown" hair? To me the guy in the drawing looks like he could be Asian or Native American. Does Utah still have the firing squad? I think it was still in effect when the crime was commited. This guy was the worst.

22 Years and Rosie Tapia's cold case still open

It's been 22 years since Rosie Tapia's murder and still the case is open. No suspects have ever been arrested. The family is holding a candlelight vigil tonight at 7pm outside Salt Lake City Hall. All are invited to attend.

Rosie's mother Lewine Tapia is the backbone of the ongoing search, the search that began when she walked into her daughter's room all those years ago.

Utah Cold Case Coalition now offering $3,000 reward in more than 200 cases

Senate Bill 160, also known as "Rosie's Law", was passed earlier this year and took effect July 1. The legislation creates a statewide database of unsolved murders and disappearances more than three years old.

Rosie Tapia was murdered 23 years ago, and the case remains unsolved. Rosie's mother and the families of nine other victims were among those present at Tuesday's event.

Senate Bill 160, also known as "Rosie's Law", was passed earlier this year and took effect July 1. The legislation creates a statewide database of unsolved murders and disappearances more than three years old.

Rosie Tapia was murdered 23 years ago, and the case remains unsolved. Rosie's mother and the families of nine other victims were among those present at Tuesday's event.
Hopefully, I will be speaking with Rosie's mother soon. This poor child needs justice. I hope Websleuths members will be taking a look at this case and come up with something.
Thank you,
Tricia

Hopefully, I will be speaking with Rosie's mother soon. This poor child needs justice. I hope Websleuths members will be taking a look at this case and come up with something.
Thank you,
Tricia

Cannot fathom the heartache her mother has gone through the loss of a child no one should have to endure. There is some wonderfully talented sleuth's here hopefully someone will come up with new leads. Will be awaiting any new info you can provide to this forum.

BTW Kudo's with the coalition very glad to see that more cases will come to light out of Utah. There are a couple of MP's that there is so little to go on.

I'm assuming this database is not for public consumption, if it is I sure haven't found it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back