UT UT - Salt Lake City, WhtFem 20-40, UP6947, handmade clothing, jewelry, pen bracelet, Sep'86

The dress is s prairie dress. Those were still somewhat popular in the early 80s. I wouldnt give it any religious significance at all. My mom had a similar dress in 1986. When i worked in a student theater ten years ago, i always bought those on ebay because they could be made into inexpensive, terrific Victorian or even Colonial costumes.

Yeah I'm not sure the dess looks long enough to be a FLDS style dress. It looks more below the knee/midi length rather than floor or ankle length. Also it could be a red herring since she was wearing Levi's (not cheap) which I don't believe women are allowed to wear trousers in those FLDS communities.

It could be that she wasn't allowed to buy fashionable clothes or something and had to make her clothes herself? It used to be much more common to make your own trendy clothes back in the day.

If she was leaving the FLDS/LDS it might make sense as to why she had no underwear on, because those groups wear long, Church-sold underwear. But I think even in FLDS before you get married/go on a mission you wear normal underwear because you receive those "garments" in a special ceremony.

I doubt she was flds. I am not familiar with them, but if its as tightly knit as other traditional societies (including m own), then the whole community wouldnt leave a stone unturned to look for her.
The dress is lovely, just a prairie style dress. I wouldnt read too much into it.

I doubt she was flds. I am not familiar with them, but if its as tightly knit as other traditional societies (including m own), then the whole community wouldnt leave a stone unturned to look for her.
The dress is lovely, just a prairie style dress. I wouldnt read too much into it.

Agreed!

Jane DOE-Salt Lake City​

UnidentifiedCold Case Tip Hotline: 833-DPS-SAFE (833-377-7233)

• Case #:86-87566
  • Date Body Found:9/3/1986
  • Race:White
  • Height:5'6
  • Weight:115
  • NamUs Case Number:UP6947
  • type:unidentified
The deceased was found floating in a canal east of the Salt Lake City Sewage Treatment Plant. Estimated to be between 20-40 years of age. Estimated year of death 1986. Items found near the deceased were a pink comb, pink toothbrush, purple bracelet that unclicks and turns into a pen, a blue and white dress that appears to be homemade, has a cardboard tag on it with the #10 written on it. Items found on the deceased, long sleeve white blouse, levi material pants with button and zipper in them. A watch, brand is advance with a round, black face and an off-white checker pattern inside the glass. There are no numbers on the watch, on the bottom of the watch it says Quartz and Japan, there is a design of a swimmer. There was a ring with dark metal with black stone “sterling” stamped on the inner rim.

Contact Salt Lake City PD 801-799-3000

Unidentified Female Salt Lake 1986

unidentblackring_000.jpg

• Body Found: 9/3/1986
  • DOB: Estimated 1946-1966
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 100-120
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Unknown
  • Race: White
  • Identifying Features: Extensive dental work with both gold foil and amalgam restorations

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back