UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was using Sugar House park as an example.
:innocent:

Anyway, I see what you say. He said he hadn't slept in 17 hours (or at least he was quoted saying that.) So, he probably didn't even stop, or maybe for an hour or two (wherever he was, which most possibly wasn't Tooele.)

This made me laugh a little. I sleep about seven hours a night. So, on most nights, right about when I go to bed, I haven't slept in 17 hours.

It's actually a decent excuse, maybe?

My wife: "Hey, why did you leave the kitchen such a mess?"
Me: "HEY! Take it a little easy on me! I haven't slept in 17 hours!"

My son: "Dad, can you take a minute and stop watching the football game? I need a little help with my homework."
Me: "You know, buddy - I would, but I haven't slept in 17 hours."

The IRS: "You owe us for last year's taxes, plus penalties and interests."
Me: "Whoa! Now wait just a minute! I haven't slept in, like, 17 hours!"

Police Officer: "I pulled you over because you were going 69 in a 45 MPH zone."
Me: "Sorry officer. My head gets a little fuzzy when I haven't slept in 17 hours."

Police: Son of missing woman backs up camping story

Earlier in the day Thursday, West Valley police said Susan Powell's eldest son told them they went camping the night his mother disappeared. It backs up a claim by Josh Powell that he took his two children camping in Tooele County and they slept in the family's van.
McLachlan said police are analyzing the boy's comments, which came out of an interview at a local children's justice center.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9062334

"Person of Interest" is the term for suspect because defense lawyers will accuse the police of honing in on their client. Semantics, how ridiculous. I guess that's where things stand in our society. :twocents:

BTW, it's 9 degrees here in Rochester. Does anyone have a good smores recipe? I'm gonna go camping at midnight. Today is Saturday, right? :waitasec:
:crazy:
Don't forget your generator, Steely, you'll need it! :crazy:

Earlier in the day Thursday, West Valley police said Susan Powell's eldest son told them they went camping the night his mother disappeared. It backs up a claim by Josh Powell that he took his two children camping in Tooele County and they slept in the family's van.
McLachlan said police are analyzing the boy's comments, which came out of an interview at a local children's justice center.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9062334

Pretty much backs up that dad said they went camping and they were out somewhere. You could have said Disneyland and the four year old might have repeated that, too.

Doesn't seem to sway suspicion, Josh!

ETA: I really wonder if that rumor about "Mommy is staying in the woods for a while" was included in this.

I think Texas Mist and Passionflower are on to something. Sounds like they have had experiences not unlike Susan or myself....

My theory of what happened is based on what I have read, seen and heard so far on this case as well as personal experiences in the church and with a psychopath. Any licensed clinicians with additional experience with psychopaths, narcissists and abuse please feel free to chime in.

Background: I think around the time Susan had her first baby things she only barely noticed in Josh's personality started becoming more distinct. The control and power issues were now at full force. (Someone on the earlier news report said Susan and Josh seemed to be doing well and were happy when they first moved to the area 5 years ago)
One of the first things an abuser will do is take the woman away from her support system (family in Washington) He has family in Utah. Obviously they did not move there because he had this wonderful, high paying career waiting for him. What he didn't expect is that Susan was strong and well liked and would develop a support system in her new community. It must have driven him wild to see how competent and happy she could find herself, especially without him being the reason for her happiness. After all she was merely an extension of himself as were "his" children.

Over the last couple of months: The power and control issues were getting worse and worse. Susan had made a couple of very smart moves. She had gotten a decent job. Josh had been telling her for some time that if she left, she would never be able to support herself. He probably said "Look at me, I can't even handle a full time job. Do you think a judge is ever going to give you enough support that you could live off it?" The psychopath always underestimates his victim. They may have started out with marital counseling but more than likely the counselor (probably from LDS Family Services) realized after a few interviews, it was an abuse issue not a marital issue. That means that Susan was probably in counseling with a private counselor as well as her bishop. Psychopaths never subcomb to treatment. After all they are smarter and wiser than any professional counselor so Josh would never see a counselor or admit the abuse. Susan was probably put on either anti-depressants, anti-anxiety or sleeping pills or some combination of these. This would give Josh the opportunity to start telling people that Susan "wasn't right" or that she was "unstable". He would love to believe that but no one else was really buying into it. So things started getting worse and worse for Josh. She had to be stopped.

Currently: I think that Susan and Josh had an enormous fight or "power struggle" Saturday night or Sunday morning before church. Josh said he wasn't going to church, Susan went. Her friend Kriisi (sp?) said she didn't see Susan at church but saw her when walking home. I bet Susan was in the bishop's office telling him what had just happened. You DO see your best friends during church at least some time during the 3 hours you attend. Josh knowing his time was about out, made a plan. While Susan was at church, he took Susan's entire bottle of sleeping pills and crushed them, planning to put them in her food at dinner, then leaving with the boys for sledding to come home to find that Susan had killed herself with an overdose of sleeping pills. His plan backfired because as usual Susan messed with the plan. Instead Susan invited someone to come over after church for an early dinner. This drove Josh nuts as he had already crushed all the pills. What if Susan saw all of her pills missing???? So Josh went along with the plan. Very interesting how he didn't serve a casserole but make individual "pancakes" and scrambled eggs. I'll bet you anything that you can not taste medication in eggs or perhaps juice. Then he has to keep checking on her during dinner. This is the point where he starts getting schizoid because of the change of plans. He tells her friend that he's taking the boys sledding to show he's going to be out of the house with the boys for a while hoping that will cover his butte and get her to leave. Susan starts feeling poorly and needs to lie down. The friend leaves and he takes the boys out for a while to let his poor wife die in bed, figuring when he gets home he can put the bottle next to her bed. Only instead, when he left Susan got up out of bed, making it to the living room collapses on the floor where she proceeds to foam at the mouth or vomit. When he comes home he finds her like this. I think he's not the "good dad" as people make him out to be. Psychopaths are too lazy to be good parents. They are controlling parents. Josh would have put the kids either back in the car right away (oldest one up front as he can talk) or put them in a room by themselves while he put Susan in the van and started to clean up. He probably got all that together by 12:30. The oldest child must have known that Susan was in the back of the van, though and probably asked his dad some good questions. (that child and DNA are going to be Susan's saving grace) I think since Josh told reporters he was south and then west of SLC that Josh actually went just the opposite way, either north or east. I also think he pulled off on the side of the road and the oldest child saw "woods" or "trees" in the head lights. Not a forest, not a desert, not a heavy snowstorm but "woods/trees". Meanwhile Josh came around to the back of the van and took Susan's body out and either (must still be an active suicide plan) put her in a large body of water near a bridge or even worst put her in a sewer hole. I do think he's smart and just playing dumb. But I don't think he's brilliant and he's certainly no where near as brilliant as he thinks he is.

Also, I agree with the lip thing. It's almost a smirk of contempt for LE and the press. When he says I just want to find her, I hear him saying "and you won't find her". Listen and watch that interview by his car again. Seems like he's just evil and taunting the press.

Bumped for Tricia.

This made me laugh a little. I sleep about seven hours a night. So, on most nights, right about when I go to bed, I haven't slept in 17 hours.

My son: "Dad, can you take a minute and stop watching the football game? I need a little help with my homework."

Me: "Sorry officer. My head gets a little fuzzy when I haven't slept in 17 hours."

Oh, this had me laughing until it hurt, thank you.

Now, on a serious note...I wonder what kind of psychological "tell" this is. On the road for seventeen hours? Seventeen hours since he left the house? Odds are he hadn't slept at all since the prior morning. This could be a clue to just how far he traveled.

Anyone know about that "Simpson Springs?"

From Post #368 in this thread on page 15 by Taminator:
"The closest place they could have gone camping on the Pony Express is 96 miles away. I'm guessing close to a 2 hour trip. So, not only does he drag his two little boys out in the middle of the night, it takes him about 2 hours to arrive at his destination."

What kind of person gets children up in the middle of even a Sat nt to drive 2 HOURS, make smores, and drive 2 hours home?????????

O I forgot they mentioned her diary, and reiterated that just then fact that she kept it at work is telling. I totally agree. Anyone know about that "Simpson Springs?"

I bet she kept 2 sets of books. One was at home I bet.

it does look like maybe he did? maybe something to make her drowsy??

That's what I am thinking. drowsy enough to do whatever he might have been thinking.

I wonder if she started feeling even more sick after she ate?

I have lots of questions here:
I am wondering if there is a chance he had help making Susan disappear, like I will drug her leave with the children and you finish.
Could he have been having an affair?
If he didn't have help, it sounds like he took her body along on the camping trip if so he sure hid it well from the children which I suppose would be easy to do if you get them up in the middle of the night and let them sleep in the van. He would have had to conceal her in something, suitcase maybe. Sadly I don't think she will be coming home alive, I feel so horrible for the family and them dear little boys are adorable it is going to be a hard road for them losing both parents.
From the looks of Josh it will not be to much longer, he will crack. He is losing his supports and all eyes are looking to him.

"Person of Interest" is the term for suspect because defense lawyers will accuse the police of honing in on their client. Semantics, how ridiculous. I guess that's where things stand in our society. :twocents:

BTW, it's 9 degrees here in Rochester. Does anyone have a good smores recipe? I'm gonna go camping at midnight. Today is Saturday, right? :waitasec:
Nine degrees may still be a little too warm for camping, Steely Dan... probably best to wait until the temp drops below zero.

But, if you do go camping, don't forget to take a toddler and a preschooler with you... that's what makes camping (in a van) so much fun!

All of a sudden, I thought maybe he didn't go to far.
At 12 am, kids would be sleepy........driving and warm the
children would sleep til dawn.
Did JP just drive around in the country?
Park and sleep or think of a plan?
At 3 and 4 two of Susan's friends call him and he comes home in 2 hours.
JP told the ladies he was driving around with the kids..........
ONLY JP says he was camping.........maybe never left the town????

Susan's body (I'm sorry IMO) was not in van long at all.
The LE processed the van so quick. No decomp?
We know from the decomp of Caylee that each hour the decomp
is more traceable to dogs etc.
The heat of the car even in winter would help the process, leaks from body.
IMO he dumped Susan right away.
Somehow I still think he dumped her on the sledding trip,
(as soon as she died, I pray she wasn't still living)
then came back to clean and leave for 'camp' story!
no decomp.........??

Snipped/bolded by me:

Hey, GREAT! Now his four year old is backing his story, Josh should have NO PROBLEM leading police right to the camp site! After all, his attorney keeps implying that Josh is tired of the police "wasting their time" focusing on him and he wants the focus to be on finding Susan. So eliminating himself as a suspect would certainly push things along, in the direction he supposedly wants wouldn't it?

The father said when he heard about the wet spot drying with the fans that gave them hope something happened and they had to rush to the hospital. For him to jump to that conclusion I figured it was a poorly wiped up blood stain or maybe the odor of vomit?

Snipped/bolded by me:

Hey, GREAT! Now his four year old is backing his story, Josh should have NO PROBLEM leading police right to the camp site! After all, his attorney keeps implying that Josh is tired of the police "wasting their time" focusing on him and he wants the focus to be on finding Susan. So eliminating himself as a suspect would certainly push things along, in the direction he supposedly wants wouldn't it?

That would be another 17 hrs with no sleep.

no decomp.........??
That makes sense, Passion. For them to have given the van back so quickly would mean to me that no signs of decomp were apparent - in that case, he would have had to dump the body right away - decomp begins as soon as the body dies unless refrigerated, so heat in the van would advance it. One good thing about that though, is that if her body is found, it will be pristine for evidence collection.

Nine degrees may still be a little too warm for camping, Steely Dan... probably best to wait until the temp drops below zero.

But, if you do go camping, don't forget to take a toddler and a preschooler with you... that's what makes camping (in a van) so much fun!

:slap: Damn! How'd I forget my alibi witness'!!! :banghead:

no decomp.........??

At that temp if the body was in the back it may have been frozen by the time he left. That might be why he waited so long. :waitasec:

:cow:

no decomp.........??

I keep thinking he dumped her on the sledding trip and the rest of the night and next day was a panic or suicide run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels