UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passion, you bring up some great points about the sledding trip! My main thought is that it would be pretty hard to dispose of the body in front of a 4 year old who's awake. And I'd also think that between 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM too many people would be up and about for him to want to risk something like that.

I wonder if the sledding really was just sledding, and he didn't do anything bad until late at night and then immediately dispose of the body close to home. Same idea, just different timing. But then for the life of me, why the stupidest alibi on the planet!?

Passion, you bring up some great points about the sledding trip! My main thought is that it would be pretty hard to dispose of the body in front of a 4 year old who's awake. And I'd also think that between 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM too many people would be up and about for him to want to risk something like that.

I wonder if the sledding really was just sledding, and he didn't do anything bad until late at night and then immediately dispose of the body close to home. Same idea, just different timing. But then for the life of me, why the stupidest alibi on the planet!?

Maybe she absconded with Zanaida Fernandez Gonzalez in a lesbian affair. :waitasec:

You know I think he planned it but he had no idea what it meant to take a life. Soldiers and police often have a long period after a justified killing trying to just cope with what happened. I think the trauma of it made him make alot of mistakes and mess up his plan. The more pressure they keep on him now the better chance of him breaking.

I know NG will not talk about anything else but Tiger for at least 45 min, so don't bother. She will maybe have 10 min at the end for other cases. What crap she has on now, like who cares if Elin does not have her wedding ring on??? Totally bogus anymore. Anyway, back on subject - I agree with above post that Susan was probably killed after the crochet friend left. Could be that she was poisoned or medicated, and he left to give it time to work. Thus, "sledding" w/ kids. When he got back as seen by the neighbor at 8:30, maybe she was not dead yet, and the plan changed for JP. Possibly struggle, strangulation, left some kind of mess in living room.
Kids hopefully did not witness. JP bundled body up, placed in van via attached garage, cleaned up stain, put fans up running, and put kids in van with body (UGH), drove to some far away location and dumped her. Thinking he would be back before dawn, he encountered bad weather or whatever, and did not get back right away. Fearing cell phone tracking, did not place calls to work/daycare. Maybe he was just plain ol' freaked out by what had happened and was scared to go home yet.
Did not expect LE to break into house and see fans/wet carpet. While coming back had to think quick about a story, and why he/children were gone all night, and came up w/ "camping, s'mores, generator testing."

Hey all, the family of Susan is going to be on Larry King tonight FYI:angel:

I was thinking occupying 4 year old with food ("sledding & took them out to eat" statement)
I was thinking that a passed out or dead Susan put in car. Kids think everything is fine. Dad says going sledding, kids so happy.......he backs up van, kids can't see much, dark etc.
and says he'll be right back, dumps mom quick as he can over hill? (little one says mom stayed in woods.......T/F?)
then went sledding, ( so people may see him) kids tired........they go to bed and JP cleans up, figures to run. Scrubbed carpet (hands get chemical burn, on top of a frost bite) & cleaned up scene.
Leaving fans on etc, he thought he would report wife missing and no one else would and JP got caught!

What time is Larry King???
I have CNN on now.......
Got sick of NG

I bet she kept 2 sets of books. One was at home I bet.
Not two journals... no way... if he would have found something like that at home.... well, he may have killed her....

hmmm... maybe the fight I suspect they had prior to his planning this murder had something to do with him finding out some other thing she did that was "brilliant" on her part....

There's a lot of things we don't know but others do... can't wait until they can share those tidbits of info with us....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4577228#post4577228"]susan powell missing from WVC Utah; thread #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member