UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following the case too closely until today when I actually had time to catch up on it, including watching JVM right now. I'm confused if Susan was sick at the time she supposedly went missing or was this blessing by the Elders of the church some other time previously? I can't imagine how JP would explain her going missing if she was sick in bed. :waitasec: I also agree with your suggestion about the poisoning if she was continually ill. MOO
`

It is my understanding that the "blessing" being discussed was on another occasion when she was feeling
ill. I just find it somewhat strange that she felt the need to go to bed after she had eaten whatever it was he had prepared for her to eat....JMO

<snip>

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation

Susan Powell's best friend talks exclusively with ABC4 tonight, saying the information from "anonymous leaks" to local publications may be hurting the police investigation.

Hellewell says there are a couple items she found especially shocking. Local reports stated Susan was “afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys… divorce her or worse." Hellewell says Susan never told her that.

She also said she had never heard of any sort of will with "writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide," or stating "it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone."

more here

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ys-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

I have never quite figured this girl out.

According to the profiler Pat Brown's interview, she said it's not unusual of a victim to confide in some or one person about the details of their marriage and not others. Perhaps Susan didn't speak of some of these things with this gal because she was trying to make things work and IF they did work out, she didn't want her friend to hold anything against Josh.

Susan may have been more open with the Peterson couple because they had actually gone to marriage counseling before.

Just a thought,
fran
(bolding mine)

I totally agree with this. A lot of times someone will seek out someone else who will understand the situation they're going through, and even a close friend may not have given her the support or advice she needed. MOO

`

It is my understanding that the "blessing" being discussed was on another occasion when she was feeling
ill. I just find it somewhat strange that she felt the need to go to bed after she had eaten whatever it was he had prepared for her to eat....JMO

You're correct, the blessing was from another occasion.

About that last day. We heard initially Susan went to bed while her friend was there because she wasn't feeling well. Then we heard friends say that they had spoken to Susan they day and she was feeling fine. Now it's to the point that Susan just went to lay down because she was tired.

I guess that's one of the big mysteries of this case. Why did Susan go and lay down? Sick? Tired? Drugged?

curious,
fran

`

Thanks for explaining that! Now it is even more strange that whatever she ate could've made her ill ~ considering he'd prepared it for her. It kind of reminds me of the Coleman case where the DH (and accused killer) had prepared his family's last meal before (allegedly) killing them. MOO

About that last day. We heard initially Susan went to bed while her friend was there because she wasn't feeling well. Then we heard friends say that they had spoken to Susan they day and she was feeling fine. Now it's to the point that Susan just went to lay down because she was tired.

I guess that's one of the big mysteries of this case. Why did Susan go and lay down? Sick? Tired? Drugged?

curious,
fran
And then she supposedly recovered quickly while he was out "camping" and vanished into thin air?? :waitasec: Sorry, it just doesn't make sense! MOO

`

Maybe that's why JP offered to fix dinner so that he could poison her food. Maybe he was slowly poisoning her.

(bolding mine)

I totally agree with this. A lot of times someone will seek out someone else who will understand the situation they're going through, and even a close friend may not have given her the support or advice she needed. MOO

I believe in that recent article with an interview of this Peterson, he said Susan talked openly to them (him?)(I think he meant he and his wife?), anyway, she talked openly to them until Josh wasn't doing his part, wasn't really trying and Peterson told her she should leave him. He also told her no one else in the church liked him either.

She kind of stopped discussing this with him about then. Who knows, that might be why she didn't discuss it with her other friend. Maybe at some time in the past, the friend told Susan to leave Josh too.

Too bad she didn't listen.:(

JMHO
fran

Hellewell says there are a couple items she found especially shocking. Local reports stated Susan was &#8220;afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys&#8230; divorce her or worse." Hellewell says Susan never told her that.

She also said she had never heard of any sort of will with "writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide," or stating "it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ys-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

Well Kiirsi I don't know about it hurting the investigation but I would bet you will be called in a trial for the defense.

According to the profiler Pat Brown's interview, she said it's not unusual of a victim to confide in some or one person about the details of their marriage and not others. Perhaps Susan didn't speak of some of these things with this gal because she was trying to make things work and IF they did work out, she didn't want her friend to hold anything against Josh.

Susan may have been more open with the Peterson couple because they had actually gone to marriage counseling before.

Just a thought,
fran
ITA! I also think that she wouldn't confide in someone who liked her husband.... of which Kiirsi seems to!

Maybe that's why JP offered to fix dinner so that he could poison her food. Maybe he was slowly poisoning her.

I have entertained that thought, but what do I know? I do feel whatever happened he is the one who is responsible though...

Also, IF he did poison her she may have thrown up, she could have also lost control of bodily functions.. Could be the reason for two fans blowing on a wet spot on the carpet..JMO

The police might be leaking alot of this stuff. Most of it is hearsay and probably will not be in a trial.

I believe in that recent article with an interview of this Peterson, he said Susan talked openly to them (him?)(I think he meant he and his wife?), anyway, she talked openly to them until Josh wasn't doing his part, wasn't really trying and Peterson told her she should leave him. He also told her no one else in the church liked him either.

She kind of stopped discussing this with him about then. Who knows, that might be why she didn't discuss it with her other friend. Maybe at some time in the past, the friend told Susan to leave Josh too.

Too bad she didn't listen.:(

JMHO
fran
That could also be true. She also could've been very hesitant about leaving her husband being how the church views marriage and family, and thought somehow things would work out. MOO

Some new info from neighbor Tim Peterson

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14058397

On the day of the Powells' first meeting with the LDS Family Service counselor, she told Peterson about Joshua Powell's controlling behavior, and how he had become more possessive and obsessive since moving to Utah five years ago. She told Peterson she wanted her husband to become active in the LDS Church again and get his temple recommend by their anniversary in 2010, or she was seriously considering divorcing him.

"She went to the marriage counselor hoping it would save their marriage," Peterson said.

But Joshua's behavior showed a lack of caring for Susan's well-being, Peterson said.

One night, Susan called Peterson to ask for a blessing because she was feeling so sick. He called the Elders Quorum president, and the two went to the house. Joshua Powell talked with them for 45 minutes about a computer conference he attended before Susan finally walked into the front room, looking pale and ill, Peterson said.

He asked Susan if she wanted a blessing, and she accepted. Peterson asked Joshua Powell if he wanted to participate, as it was his wife and home. He shrugged his shoulders and said OK, Peterson said.

In the middle of the blessing, the Powells' 4-year-old son, Charlie, climbed on Susan's lap and was pretending to give the blessing, too.

"All Josh could do was laugh at his son," Peterson said. "It was so heartbreaking to see he just didn't care about her needs."

Joshua Powell also became increasingly erratic.

Powell once yelled at the Petersons for taking off their shoes and socks in his home, saying he'd have to spend all night cleaning the floors from the germs on their bare feet.

curious,
fran

Personally,I doubt anyone would excuse themselves from company and go lie down just because they were tired... She must have had a wave of something hit her fast....JMO

If my daughters are in town visiting and I'm tired I might excuse myself and go lie down, they are my family, but I doubt I would do that with a friend or an acquaintance who was visiting for a couple of hours...JMO

Many of you say "alot like Scott Peterson" and another case comes to mind "Chris Coleman" because he was very church job involved and ended up killing his wife and two sons. Chris was having an affair, but didn't want to lose his job by getting a divorce...but I never understood why he had to kill those two boys in their beds.

But, Josh didn't kill his sons - he could have rigged the house for carbon monoxide to be done away with his whole family if it was for freedom. Josh's motives seem different than both Scott Peterson's and Chris Coleman's motives.

Josh, so far, doesn't seem to have wanted his freedom to party with a gf (at least, not that we know of yet) I think he killed SUSAN more out of anger, fragile ego issues he had, revenge and resentments that simmered to a boil. Wondering what you all think?

Personally,I doubt anyone would excuse themselves from company and go lie down just because they were tired... She must have had a wave of something hit her fast....JMO

If my daughters are in town visiting and I'm tired I might excuse myself and go lie down, they are my family, but I doubt I would do that with a friend or an acquaintance who was visiting for a couple of hours...JMO
On the other hand it might have been used as something to try to tell them "it's time for you to go home". MOO

My personal opinion is that Josh is a control freak. Perhaps some of that was created by his father as he seems to have been wanting to control Josh's decisions, if reports of what the father has said are true.

Once Josh felt that his wife was going to be out from under his control, he had to go to whatever lengths he could to stop her. If my theory is true, I hope those kids get away from him AND his family and are sent to live with Susan's family.

Religion is just an excuse, as was everything else she did. No matter what she did to please him, he would find another excuse to show her his control over her.

Been there, done that, got the TShirt and then burned it. I'm just thankful I got out of it alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo