UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

Great question about the journals... First you have to understand the mission of the US Marshals svc. What track are they on in the investigation? we dont know. If I had recent journals and were trying to track a missing person, looking at older journals would give me a great over view of who the person is as a whole, look for old friends, places, changes in attitutes, things written in the persons own hand. While journals can be very revealing, they can also be deceiveing...

As for the flyer...Im curious about the expire date on the reward...not that it is important to me, by why the expiration date only a week away?[/quote]
Don't do this to me SugarJames, I've posted a bad post already this week for a failure in eye sight.....but to me it looks like the expriration date is 12/7/11. ??? I truly had not noticed the expiration date before. Is that something normal in missing person's cases? Strange?

Perhaps the powells, rather than give us updates of what THEY are doing, should just retreat into their spider hole. We can get the info when the officials give it. Info from the powells isn't that credible. IMHO

Don't do this to me SugarJames, I've posted a bad post already this week for a failure in eye sight.....but to me it looks like the expriration date is 12/7/11. ??? I truly had not noticed the expiration date before. Is that something normal in missing person's cases? Strange?

about the flier..my mistake I had to blow it up better, im old... As for a expiration date on a poster, I have never seen that before.

Very odd, and I'm thinking that SP "misunderestimates" the scope and the reasoning behind the request by the US Marshals for the journals. It's not like them to play their hand unless they have to. I'm just glad to see they're still making house calls. :D

Very odd, and I'm thinking that SP "misunderestimates" the scope and the reasoning behind the request by the US Marshals for the journals. It's not like them to play their hand unless they have to. I'm just glad to see they're still making house calls. :D

grayjay, why do you think they wanted the journals? Especially copies?

grayjay, why do you think they wanted the journals? Especially copies?
First of all, I think of US Marshals as LE at the federal level. Not investigators, but high level movers and shakers.

I think they've used profiles and they can use them for furthering their knowledge of personality. It's also possible that things have been shared by her parents and childhood friends, that they might be able to submit in a documentary form into the record. I don't see how it matters if they are copies.

If Susan has always been very steadfast in her beliefs, and they square with what people have said all along, and all the way back in history, well, I think that has some thud weight.

They're very likely way ahead of me on this, too. LOL

JMO :innocent:

Snipped from an article, which I believe to be relevant:
US Marshalls deal with the Federal Witness Protection Program, finding and arresting federal fugitives, international fugitives believed to be in the U.S.,etc. It isn't hard to find what they do, just google 'What are the duties of the US Marshalls?" They don't go to a house and ask for COPIES of journals.IF they were involved at all they would demand the originals and they wouldn't wait for the Powells to make copies, because there would be no proof that they were accurately copied. (You need to follow a chain of evidence if the journals are part of the case) How can you prove that all the entries are original? How can you prove that they copied everything, and didn't edit it while making the copy? A missing woman who is presumed to have met with foul play would not meet the requirements of FBI or US Marshall involvement.

If Susan's parents want the journals that their daughter wrote while she was a little girl, they should bring a civil law suit requesting the journals.
Everyone is angry with the West Valley Police because they have kept all the information that they have found private, as is PROPER! By not turning this into a three ring circus, regardless of how much sensational press we love to read, they will not be accused of creating an environment where the defense can claim that they can't sit an impartial jury. They are maintaining a professional presence, and I am more impressed with them for not GRANDSTANDING to assuage public and journalistic pressure.
There is no statute of limitations for murder, but once you make an arrest, you have a limited amount of time to prove your case. If you jump the gun because of public pressure and the accused is found not guilty, it won't matter what you find down the line that may prove him guilty, you can't try him again. It is double jeopardy. It is better to make certain you have a good case before you arrest him.
Can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Susan is dead? It takes seven years to have her declared legally dead with no body, and without tons of her blood (enough to make a medical examiner certain that she couldn't have survived losing the blood.) at the crime scene. Until that time she is legally missing. So what are the police to do if they can't have her legally declared dead?

For what it's worth... there have been a couple of circumstances of people impersonating a US Marshall on the west coast. Going somewhere to confirm whether or not someone on probation lived at the location, whether someone on probation was employed at a location... probation isn't handled by US Marshalls... and most were state, not federal cases to begin with.

Then it was later verified that NO law enforcement in the state, or the FBI, or the US Marshalls had any knowledge of it. Witnesses were interviewed, descriptions were taken, lie detectors given... they tend to take impersonating a federal officer pretty seriously... no one has been found. People don't tend to ask for ID when someone says they are a US Marshall. If they are just wearing the shirt or hat or jacket... many people don't need a badge, or ID.

Obviously if the US Marshalls come back and get the journals, it was really them who came in the first place. This was just my first thought since it seems like such an absurd thing for a US Marshall to be doing....

I guess if they really thought SP and SK were in Brazil, they might be able to stretch that to an international fugitive?

Other than Susan being in witness protection for some reason... that's all I can come up with for a legitimate reason for them to show up.

Otherwise it just doesn't make sense...

In response to SuziQ, above, about the video clip from the Today show this morning:

I am horrified and beyond disgusted that a grown man in his 50's or more...a FATHER-IN-LAW...would get on the national news and admit (without any shame, no less!) that he has read his daughter-in-law's private teenage journals.

The same journals that her parents said they have never read because they respect their daughter's privacy too much.

Please let the world see how sick and twisted he is!!

In response to SuziQ, above, about the video clip from the Today show this morning:

I am horrified and beyond disgusted that a grown man in his 50's or more...a FATHER-IN-LAW...would get on the national news and admit (without any shame, no less!) that he has read his daughter-in-law's private teenage journals.

The same journals that her parents said they have never read because they respect their daughter's privacy too much.

Please let the world see how sick and twisted he is!!

MOO :twocents::twocents:

I will say I understand why he did it. If I wanted to protect my son and I had access to the journals I would read them. I would read them in order to get any information I could to undermine SP's credibility (no matter how young she was) and to gather any potential ammunition against her parents. You never know when certain information will come in handy. I just would - I'm way too curious not to.

I also respect her parents decision to respect her privacy and not read the journals. But seriously, given all that's happened, and if they had access to the journals after her disappearance, I bet they would have read them too by now. Sure, anyone would.

IMO

No, NOT forgotten, but will she ever be found or the perp brought to justice?

I believe that Susan will be found, unfortunately, later than sooner.

As for the perp (JP) there is karma, and I want to witness this.

BUMP for Susan.

Susan_Murphy_Milano_SLIDE_12_28_10.jpg

Thursdays from 2pm to 4pm Eastern
The Susan Murphy Milano Show
“Time’s Up!”
Thursday, February 17
2pm-3pm:
Special Guests:
Attorney Anne Bremner
and parents of missing Susan Powell, Chuck and Judy Cox

Anne Bremner

Anne Bremner has been involved in several high profile cases during her career. You may also know her as an expert legal analyst on CNN, HLN, and other major news outlets. http://annebremner.com/tv_appearances.html Currently Anne Bremner is representing the parents of missing mother, Susan Cox Powell of Utah, Chuck and Judy Cox, as they continue their search for their missing daughter as well as justice in her name.

Anne Bremner graduated from Stanford University receiving a B.A. with honors, and from the Seattle University School of Law, formerly “University of Puget Sound School of Law”, in 1982. She has distinguished herself not only as a dedicated advocate for her clients, but also as an attorney who has achieved a level of peer recognition and been honored with Distinctions which few lawyers, and even fewer women can claim.

Discussing the case of Susan Cox Powell

We are honored to have as our guests, Chuck and Judy Cox along with Anne Bremner to discuss the latest in the quest to find Susan Cox Powell
http://susancoxfoundation.org/Home.aspx

On December 7, 2009, Susan Cox Powell was reported missing from her home in West Valley City, Utah. Detectives working on the case have characterized her disappearance as suspicious and having criminal overtones. The investigation into her disappearance continues.

Much has been written and speculated about Susan’s disappearance, today we have an opportunity to bring awareness to the truth and assist in seeking justice.

LISTEN LIVE ON HERE WOMEN TALK (to join the chat you must join the site)

http://herewomentalk.com
http://herewometalksocial.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa