GUILTY UT - Uta Von Schwedler, 49, Salt Lake City, 27 Sept 2011

Time to git.
Have to accomplish something today so I won't hate myself for sitting on my rump all day following twitter and WS. See yawl tomorrow.
:seeya::seeya:

Thank you kindly, Chelly, for all the tweets.:loveyou:

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/st...ed-of-killing-ex/15576/TDqf6kfwM0GqVUZ6kI8QLA

"This crime was committed by someone who simply wanted Uta dead" said the state.

The prosecution also gave the jury a history of Uta and Wall, describing a bitter divorce. Uta's boyfriend Nils Abramson found Uta's body, then called 911. It would be later be revealed Uta had high levels of Xanax in her body, a drug the prosecution says she didn't take willingly and didn't have a prescription for.

The prosecutions later argued it would be impossible for to force someone to drink down the drug.

"If you're an adult and there is no evidence of restraint how does that happen? Pure speculation" Physical evidence shows she took it voluntarily"said Defense Attorney Fred Metos.

During an over three hour testimony Abramson was the first to take the witness stand.

"I opened the door and I found Uta in the tub under water. I went to pull her out but put her back down because she was stiff. She was dead she was stiff as a board" said Abramson. "

Only 3 of 5 witnesses took the stand. They included Uta's boyfriend, a firefighter and woman who saw Uta prior to her death.

Court will continue again Thursday morning for what is expected to be a month long trial.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/us/a...nts-begin-in-Utah-doctor-s-murder-6087553.php

"....Prosecutors said Von Schwedler wouldn't have committed suicide, pointing to a discovery she recently made that could have helped find new treatments for childhood leukemia.

After her death, the couple's oldest son, Pelle Wall, fueled speculation about his dad by saying he believed John Wall killed his mother. Pelle Wall asked the court to remove his two youngest siblings from his father's custody.

Now 21, Pelle Wall said Wednesday the trial was long-awaited.

"No matter what the outcome of this trial, I will never forget who this is really about," he said, remembering his mother's curiosity, passion for the outdoors and habit of speaking her mind.

Pelle Wall is set to testify during the trial, which is expected to last four weeks.

John Brickman Wall attended the trial Wednesday in a light blue shirt and tie with khaki pants. He has maintained his innocence and pleaded not guilty."

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 27m 27 minutes ago
Back in court for day 2 of testimony in Johnny Wall's trial. Yesterday's story: http://shar.es/1Wp0gA #walltrial #utahcrime

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 23m 23 minutes ago
The first witness today is Rod Englert, a crime scene reconstructionist. He's talking about his qualifications now. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 17m 17 minutes ago
Englert said he was hired by Salt Lake City police to look at Uta von Schwedler's death. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 16m 16 minutes ago
Englert is talking about blood spatter. "It's all about patterns," he tells the jury. "Patterns. Patterns. Patterns." #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 6m 6 minutes ago
Englert is preparing to do a blood spatter demonstration in court. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 6m 6 minutes ago
Englert is using stage blood and white cardboard to demonstrate the types of blood spatter he saw in Uta's home. #walltrial

(wish we could see this)

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 41s 41 seconds ago
Englert is demonstrating what blood looks like when smeared on a wall by a hand, clothing, hair, etc. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 29s 30 seconds ago
"That's a 40-hour course in 10 minutes," Englert says as he finishes his demonstration. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 10s 10 seconds ago
Englert is now being handed some exhibits. The first: a bloody tank top found draped over the side of the tub at Uta's house. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 7m 7 minutes ago
Englert says the blood likely came from cuts on Uta's wrist. She likely held her arm against her chest, got blood on tank top. #walltrial

essica Miller @jm_miller · 3m 3 minutes ago
Englert says he doesn't believe Uta took the tank top off herself. Says there would've been "hand transfer" blood spatter on it. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 2m 2 minutes ago
New exhibit: Englert pulls out the shorts that Uta was wearing when her body was found. No blood on it. #walltrial

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 52s 52 seconds ago
Englert is now handed a large evidence bag. Inside is Uta's blue and green comforter. It has blood stains on it. #walltrial

Jessica Miller ‏@jm_miller now
Englert points to large blood stain, wrinkled bedding: "There's something happening here," he says. "There's a struggle here." #walltrial

Jessica Miller ‏@jm_miller 3s4 seconds ago
Englert:"This comforter is consistent with a violent struggle. There's some violence going on, a struggle. More than one person." #walltrial

Jessica Miller ‏@jm_miller 1m1 minute ago
Englert: Uta's injuries to wrist/leg were defensive, not self-inflicted. "It was in defense of an altercation or struggle." #walltrial

Sorry, I had to go out and forgot to let you know. I will try to go back and catch up.

Jessica Miller @jm_miller · 4h 4 hours ago
Englert on cross-exam right now. Def atty Fred Metos asks if he's familiar with a blood spatter book (that Englert wrote). "Yes," he replies

essica Miller @jm_miller · 4h 4 hours ago
Metos asks him to read a passage from the book: "I don't always get it right." #walltrial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back