VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew what her friends were saying. Thinking back to my days when I was her age I would have totally told my parents I was going to the Burg to go shopping and then headed in the other direction to go to a party I wasn't allowed to go to. I would have thought I was being so clever to put those false clues out there and had a good laugh over Tweeting "Burg Bound".

I also didn't have car and would borrow my parent's. I was always cash poor and would have totally put $5 of gas in it. The rule was I couldn't return it totally empty. Someone mentioned earlier that she may have met friends in the parking lot where her car was found. Again, something my friends and I would have done. All meet up at the lot and take one car to a party. A sure sign that a party was going on was 100 cars in front of a house, so we would pile into cars and park that car a block or two away.

None of this explains why her phone went dark. But I wish we knew if she was going to a party and what her friends know about her plans for that night were.

What led them to this area? Are they tracking phone pings of another person?

By the way, I just want to throw this out there. Women may buy lingerie for their honeymoon.

Are you implying she was getting eloped? Not sure where you're going with this. Elaborate? :)

There might be a simple explanation for Alexis' disappearance, but it's important to still consider the worst case scenario - that she may be held against her will, and pull out all the stops in order to rescue her. I think of the atrocity of those three young women who were abused for 10 years in a house. Could that have been avoided? Is there a copycat sicko out there? I wish that we could hear that every home/garage/building in the neighbourhood was thoroughly searched for Alexis.

Are you implying she was getting eloped? Not sure where you're going with this. Elaborate? :)

Yes. It's possible. I wouldn't rule out something like that happening. I had doubts about it being voluntary when they began searching a few days ago. But they didn't find anything. Now we have LE suggesting that she might have been with a guy and that this guy might have visited a business. Obviously, they have identified a man. They must know who he is. Because they seem to be tracing his cell phone pings. How else would they know to ask businesses about him?

This gives us a few scenarios. Some sicko might have been trolling around another area in search of a victim or might have been shopping for lingerie to fulfill some fantasy. Perhaps it's even that scenario where someone mentioned a photo shoot. Maybe this guy was about to meet her at a house or hotel. But I kind of doubt that. I don't see her doing that sort of thing. I especially don't see her doing it in secret. It also could be a scenario where this man visited a business in that area after she disappeared. In that case, she would have been with him, and I can't see an abductor taking a huge risk by leaving her in a vehicle or taking her into a business. So perhaps it was a mutual thing.

Cell phone pings will provide some insight. If this guy's cell phone pinged in the area after her last phone ping, then she may have been with him. If not, then maybe he was in that area before he met up with her.

If this was a voluntary thing, then she likely ran off with a boyfriend that her family didn't care for or ran off with an older man who promised her the moon or something.

Is it possible that she met a guy she knew at the gas station, drove north and ditched her phone, went to some business near the lingerie store, drove north and parked the car, caught a taxi at the apartment office and went to a bus station or airport or car rental place?

There might be a simple explanation for Alexis' disappearance, but it's important to still consider the worst case scenario - that she may be held against her will, and pull out all the stops in order to rescue her. I think of the atrocity of those three young women who were abused for 10 years in a house. Could that have been avoided? Is there a copycat sicko out there? I wish that we could hear that every home/garage/building in the neighborhood was thoroughly searched for Alexis.
This or worse. The FBI see it all everyday. I can't really see them launching the desperate search for a human being and dedicating this many resources if there was any indication that this was an elopement. They have way more access to her information than the public does and I suspect they'd know if she ran away with a boyfriend to marry. Teenagers aren't that secretive.

Re: Bliss Entertainment and Ultimate Bliss...

The CL adsfor Bliss Ent. are also listed on and specifically for the Richmond CL's pages. There is no direct link to those ads, that I have found, to the Ultimate Bliss Store.

What worries me is that if she ended up, an hour away, in Richmond, anything could have happened to her and she could be anywhere in the country by now. Richmond is dead center on the I-95 N to S corridor...drugs, human traffickers, and all sorts of criminals from NY to Florida flow up and down that Interstate.

All anyone had to do, from Charlottesville, was to hop on I-64 to I-95 and within two hours they are GONE!!! Either to DC or NC, it is about two hours. AM has been gone ONE WEEK, now.

Yeah it is pretty bad here. Mostly it is gang associated and with runaways. I am not sure I believe the claim about it being middle class 12 year olds though. Not that it hasn't happened, but I have trouble believing that 100's of middle class kids from loving families are being kidnapped into the sexual slavery and no one is reporting it.

I think it far more likely that it is runaways and foster kids like we saw in the recent FBI raid and in the Springfield gang sex ring, or like happened in the Saudi case you found with girls being brought in from other countries who are told they will be arrested as illegals if they try to escape.

But, always something to keep in mind. As long as there is a market for sex (and there always will be) there will be an active trade, and people trying to exploit that.

Yeah it is pretty bad here. Mostly it is gang associated and with runaways. I am not sure I believe the claim about it being middle class 12 year olds though. Not that it hasn't happened, but I have trouble believing that 100's of middle class kids from loving families are being kidnapped into the sexual slavery and no one is reporting it.

I think it far more likely that it is runaways and foster kids like we saw in the recent FBI raid and in the Springfield gang sex ring, or like happened in the Saudi case you found with girls being brought in from other countries who are told they will be arrested as illegals if they try to escape.

But, always something to keep in mind. As long as there is a market for sex (and there always will be) there will be an active trade, and people trying to exploit that.

All true, but recent cases in VA have also found girls either leaving, with people they meet on the internet or even at the subway, or coming into the Commonwealth from other states. It seems the trick is to move the girls and young women around. In the grooming process, these creeps buy them fancy lingerie, new burner phones for "keeping in touch" with their new "friends." They even check them into decent hotels. All the while, giving them drink & smoke. At first, they feel pampered. Because there are usually one or two other females, the girls don't see the problem. But within days or a week or so, they are told they have to pay off their debt. They can never make enough money to do that because the creeps keep billing them, so to speak, for new stuff. In addition, they threaten the girls and threaten possible injury to their family members.

There was a case, a few years back,of two teens living in Tyson's Corner who did just this. Thankfully they were found in SC and brought home. Then, in the last year or two, there was the case in Prince Georges Co, MD. The girl was being kept in a motel...she escaped (iirc, running almost naked away) and they arrested the creep. Then in Richmond, within the last few months, there was the arrest of a man and and young woman who brought a 15 year to Richmond to work out of a motel. They were arrested. The girl was brought there from somewhere in the middle of the country.

Then there was the very recent case of the girl who was put to work by MS 13, living in Springfield and allowed to go to school and go home every night but forced by threatening her and her sibs if she didn't turn tricks. Finally, she told someone.

Then there are all those McMansions, sprouting up all over lower middle class neighborhoods in NOVA, something just tells you that women are being worked in those houses. I won't get into the specifics but the owners of many of those houses are not long time American citizens or even residents.

The way they get hold of middle class girls is by schmoozing them at first.

Don't know why, but I have a feeling an arrest will be made soon. Just seems like it's time.

Hope so.

In these new sex ed classes they need to start including a section on how creeps hone in on and target young girls and women (and boys/young men, too)...including the grooming process, the debt phase, and the threatening phase, etc.

Im thinking we just might find video shots of this poster in Ultimate Bliss...KWIM?

setting up an alibi?

<<nudge... Nudge... Wink... Wink...:wink:>>

:floorlaugh:

At what age can a girl legally consent to marriage in Virginia? Is it younger in nearby states, say Maryland or NJ?

edited to add, I'm not necessarily thinking she eloped, but maybe she thought that's what she was doing but he had other ideas. Or maybe the guy is holding her hoping she'll be his.

At what age can a girl legally consent to marriage in Virginia? Is it younger in nearby states, say Maryland or NJ?

edited to add, I'm not necessarily thinking she eloped, but maybe she thought that's what she was doing but he had other ideas. Or maybe the guy is holding her hoping she'll be his.

18, age of consent. Virginia's a strict state with regards to everything. Very different from MD.

I think it is 16 with parental consent. We only just got the sodomy and oral sex laws changed this spring. It is in the new just today because the State Attorney General just lost his attempt delay the lower court ruling from going into affect.

Age Requirements and Consent:

The minimum age for marriage in the Commonwealth of Virginia is sixteen (16) years for both the bride and groom; however, if either party is under eighteen (18), consent to the marriage must be given by the father, mother or legal guardian. This may be done in person by the parent or legal guardian before the person issuing the license or by written consent properly sworn to before a notary public. Special provisions are made in Virginia law to allow marriage for under age parties when the female is pregnant and for situations in which under age applicants have no parent or legal guardian.

Prohibited Marriages:

A marriage entered into prior to the dissolution of an earlier marriage of one or both parties.

A marriage between an ancestor and or descendant; or between a brother and a sister; or between an uncle and a niece; or between an aunt and a nephew; whether the relationship is by half or the whole blood or adoption.

When either of the parties lacks capacity to consent to the marriage because of mental incapacity or infirmity.

A marriage between persons of the same gender (same sex).

"Common Law" marriages are not valid if entered into in Virginia or any other jurisdiction, which does not permit them for its residents.

Blood Test - There is no blood test requirement for marriage in Virginia.

Im thinking we just might find video shots of this poster in Ultimate Bliss...KWIM?

setting up an alibi?

<<nudge... Nudge... Wink... Wink...:wink:>>

:floorlaugh:

Now that you mention it, I just dropped about 50 pounds, and I desperately need new undies. But the wife might frown if I go with lace.

I'm pretty sure that if one of the parties is over eighteen and the other is under 18, and if there is more than a three year difference, that is not legally permitted in Virginia.

hey yall.. new to the case and just got caught up. from the latest news, it certainly sounds like LE has a perp in their sights.

my thoughts: if it was someone she planned to meet up with, there is a trail somewhere that would show that she planned to meet them.. emails, private messages, texts, phone calls, etc. as quickly as LE has seemingly come up with a picture of a man they're asking around about.. my guess is she knew this person and was with them willingly. i think this person expected her to "put out" and maybe she didn't want to and things went south from there. i don't think it happened anywhere near where her car was found, but i think it might be someone who lives near where the car was found.

i really don't think she's with us anymore. i hope i'm wrong.. but it really doesn't sound good at all.

a couple questions i have:

what day is payday for her? could she have needed to pick up a paycheck from work?

could there have been someone she was going to sell something to? i remember it said early on that she bought and sold high dollar tennis shoes.. maybe she was meeting up with someone for a "sale" and that went bad?

hey yall.. new to the case and just got caught up. from the latest news, it certainly sounds like LE has a perp in their sights.

my thoughts: if it was someone she planned to meet up with, there is a trail somewhere that would show that she planned to meet them.. emails, private messages, texts, phone calls, etc. as quickly as LE has seemingly come up with a picture of a man they're asking around about.. my guess is she knew this person and was with them willingly. i think this person expected her to "put out" and maybe she didn't want to and things went south from there. i don't think it happened anywhere near where her car was found, but i think it might be someone who lives near where the car was found.

i really don't think she's with us anymore. i hope i'm wrong.. but it really doesn't sound good at all.

a couple questions i have:

what day is payday for her? could she have needed to pick up a paycheck from work?

could there have been someone she was going to sell something to? i remember it said early on that she bought and sold high dollar tennis shoes.. maybe she was meeting up with someone for a "sale" and that went bad?

Selling tennies?

Payday?

both good points to ponder...

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics