VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

To say life is incredibly difficult and cruel on occasion would be an understatement. I cannot phathom the pain you must feel, but you have a mission from this point forward if you choose to accept it. That mission is to be AJ's voice. Her 18 years were far to few, but she will inspire and help others from heaven. She needs you to keep the spirit of hers alive...the spirit that united so many strangers. This united front is powerful because of a wonderful young woman and her loving father Zach.

Thoughts and Prayers from Your friend and neighbor in VB.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

There's nothing I can say or do...

:tears: :tears:

All you need is Love? By the Beatles?

:(

Trying to catch up after being away a couple of days, and so, so sorry to see that AJ was found deceased. Could somebody be kind enough to spare me reading through 500 posts at the moment to comment on whether or not anything has been discovered about the dark minivan mentioned at the end of the article that starts this new thread? Does anybody mentioned in the case own a Dodge Caravan?

Thanks in advance, and again, so sorry to hear the outcome of Anjelica's missing persons case.

(This has got to be THE HARDEST MOMENT I have ever had on websleuths. Dear Zach, m heart is so heavy right now, sending you all the love in the world, I don;t even know you or AJ, I am honored and gladthat weare here for you,...)

I mean, I am SOBBING....

I'm so sorry Zach.....

:grouphug:

Can someone please pray or something!!!

Help!!

Look, I know we seem like a room full of macabre housewives sipping our sherry and sleuthing whilst sewing tutus for our chihuauas, but there are military, retired LE, PI's, laywers, scientists, law students and spouses of NSA agents here who have a lot of experience with cases like these and men like WH. I don't want to assume your experience or insight, which is why I don't want you to feel you need to be adversarial - we welcome all opinions and viewpoints, as long as you are open to offering more detail as to how you came to whatever conclusion so we can be considerate of your ideas.

There are several things that lead to WH as a potential perp, aside from the mods letting us discuss him as such for 14 threads:

1. Criminal history
https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032415001.pdf
https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032416290.pdf

He has demonstrated disregard for the law.
He is a convicted felon.
He has a history of kidnapping or forcibly taking an object of his affection against her will.
He has been accused and charged with sexual assault.
etc etc etc

2. It is on the record that he was diagnosed as manic-depressive and also a cocaine or crack-cocaine user. I've offered a few diatribes on that, and so has Zapped, which I recommend going back to read.
Bi-Polar or Borderline personality Disorder (very similar) and drug use is a recipe for murder. You can also find high percentage of this combination in the Virginia crime report I posted.

3. Analysis of his statements. Statement analysis tends to be more reliable than polygraphs (statistically and in my opinion). In the case of WH, if you approach his interviews expecting the kind of answers we have gotten from JH or Zach, bells start going off all over the place. In my opinion, most of what he has said on record indicates deception and leaks guilt in almost every sentence. I am not alone in that opinion, several here and experts outside of WS have come to similar conclusions. JMO

Wow, just wow, Thank you and please stick around and keep pitching in.

Zach hoffer is no father. He should be in the dirt dead. A real father would have put his feelings aside so he could be there for his daughter. Lord take me instead.. .. I am no father

Zach, we don't know each other, I have no right to tell you what to do but I understand your feelings. My heart is broken, for myself and for you too. We cannot change the past, you are a GOOD MAN, we can all see it. Please, if there is professional help available to you, take it. Take every bit of counselling and help you can. It is not easy, it will never be easy but for AJ's memory and for your other daughters too you must take care of yourself, and yes that includes expressing your feelings, the anger, the sadness, the guilt, it's OK to let it out. We are here for you.

I have no doubt you were a light in AJ's life :rose: Try and be kinder to yourself

Trying to catch up after being away a couple of days, and so, so sorry to see that AJ was found deceased. Could somebody be kind enough to spare me reading through 500 posts at the moment to comment on whether or not anything has been discovered about the dark minivan mentioned at the end of the article that starts this new thread? Does anybody mentioned in the case own a Dodge Caravan?

Thanks in advance, and again, so sorry to hear the outcome of Anjelica's missing persons case.

No word on the van. Here's a link to an article that talks about it along with a video interview with the neighbor who saw it:

Here is a link to the actual witness who saw the dark van at the Smiths Ferry Rd house speaking about the night he spotted it. Not Potts. It's about 1:20 into the video here:

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...s-at-home-where-human-remains-found/25573359/

Zach, WH was no father. YOU ARE! I know right now there isn't anything anyone can say to help ease your pain, but I promise, it will get easier with time. I don't know when it will happen, but you will begin to notice with each passing day, the pain becomes less and less. The pain will never truly go away, but you will learn to cope. Time does heal all wounds.

Nope, unfortunately the vehicle is still a mystery, as far as I am aware. Though I feel like a little bit back that a witness had seen a vehicle matching that description at JH's house before her disappearance?

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Zach hoffer is no father. He should be in the dirt dead. A real father would have put his feelings aside so he could be there for his daughter. Lord take me instead.. .. I am no father

Zach, youve proven yourself to be more of a father to A.J than anyone else involved in this case a thousand times over.

I feel your pain but you werent responsible for this. And from what Ive learned of A.J in just a few short weeks she would not want to see you beating yourself up.

Now that A.J has been found, the focus needs to be on finding who did this to her and bringing that person(s) to justice.

I know its small consolation now, but at least she was found. There are many other cases on these very forums where the parents and loved ones still dont know what happened.

Hi, ConcernedMama - we are all so sad. And a little mad, too, I think. We haven't heard a thing on the dark mini-van (or SUV?). We are wondering who might own one, or who might have borrowed one? Did you see the article where WH's sister has "lost faith in him"? WH said in his last rambling interview that he would speak to the reporter again today, but he declined. I still can't get over LE inferring that AJ was "going to tell on him" - that just has stuck with me lately. So heartbroken for Zach, her mom, and others who loved her dearly. I can see why they did - you can't forget that smile she had.

W

Minivan: no and AKAIK, no.

According to the neighbors they were there the day before. I'm not sure how reliable that is but either way, I think she had to have been concealed in some way but still in the tall grass. Maybe with brush piled on top of her, or a wheelbarrow overturned? I don't know, but something was covering her or they would have seen her right away.

moo.

Maybe took longer because of a search warrant. I'm not sure all the laws in Va, but I do suspect they knew she was there Wednesday and had to get a warrant to search the entire property. Not just from the roadside. Could be wrong, Just throwing my guesses out there.

I had asked yesterday if anyone knew where to find that solo picture that was taken by one of the news channels from the air/helicopter shot that showed the blue tent butted up next to the backside of the house, I've still been looking and can't find it. Anybody?

My mom prides herself on being a "prayer warrior." I asked her to pray for Zach and AJ's sisters, and for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tricky thing about self-blame is that, even though it is unbearably painful, it also protects us from a greater hurt. By blaming yourself, you nurture the illusion that you have some control over life.

When someone dies, it is never anyone's fault. Not yours, not the perpetrator, and not AJ’s. The fault belongs to the natural forces that create the potential for death on a planet of free-willed life.

No doubt, your feelings of regret are destroying you. I do not mean to diminish or discount your pain. It hurts. The merest drop of what I feel for AJ's death threatens to pull me down - I can only imagine what the sea of grief sounds like as its waves loom over you.

No matter the ways you believe you failed, I would encourage you to ask yourself the following questions:
How do I know that, even if I had done things differently, AJ would still be alive?
How could I have known then what I know now?
Can I feel compassion for myself for having said or done things that I desperately wish I could change?
Can I forgive myself for being imperfect?

Self-Blame can distract you from grieving and, in the process, from healing. Think of self-blame as an itchy blanket thrown over your grief. When you focus on the blanket, you do not see or feel the naked grief that lies beneath. What lies beneath your self-blame are the terrible facts that you cannot control: Dark forces overtook AJ. You have suffered an unfathomable loss. You cannot turn back time, do it over, do it differently. Each of these is a loss. Mourning these losses is the essence of grief.

Your grief deserves your compassion. You are forgiven in the eyes of god for any transgressions, never forget that.

Because you are feeling this way Zach, proves that you are a wonderful, loving, caring father! If you weren't, you wouldn't care. Please, please, please take care of yourself and know deep down that this is in no way your fault. I wish there was something more that we could do than offer words on a website, but they are truly heartfelt words to uphold you.

The tricky thing about self-blame is that, even though it is unbearably painful, it also protects us from a greater hurt. By blaming yourself, you nurture the illusion that you have some control over life.

When someone dies, it is never anyone's fault. Not yours, not the perpetrator, and not AJ’s. The fault belongs to the natural forces that create the potential for death on a planet of free-willed life.

No doubt, your feelings of regret are destroying you. I do not mean to diminish or discount your pain. It hurts. The merest drop of what I feel for AJ's death threatens to pull me down - I can only imagine what the sea of grief sounds like as its waves loom over you.

No matter the ways you believe you failed, I would encourage you to ask yourself the following questions:
How do I know that, even if I had done things differently, AJ would still be alive?
How could I have known then what I know now?
Can I feel compassion for myself for having said or done things that I desperately wish I could change?
Can I forgive myself for being imperfect?

Self-Blame can distract you from grieving and, in the process, from healing. Think of self-blame as an itchy blanket thrown over your grief. When you focus on the blanket, you do not see or feel the naked grief that lies beneath. What lies beneath your self-blame are the terrible facts that you cannot control: Dark forces overtook AJ. You have suffered an unfathomable loss. You cannot turn back time, do it over, do it differently. Each of these is a loss. Mourning these losses is the essence of grief.

Your grief deserves your compassion. You are forgiven in the eyes of god for any transgressions, never forget that.

Sorry, I have to say that was a beautiful post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11