GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Shocked that she was found in Charlotte. Makes me wonder if a trucker was involved.

OMG, I am so sad to learn this news. Whoever left her there--all the way in Charlotte(???!!!), WANTED her to be found. So weird, odd, and eerie ... and completely senseless and profoundly sad. Someone very bad was making a public statement by doing this to Ashanti Billie.

This is all so strange. Why would someone drive that far to dump a body or just to kill someone? Even if they were going that way for whatever reason, it doesn't make much sense.

I hope they find out who did this quickly.

Exactly. You could possibly rule out the dumpster on Tallyho Terrace as a place of familiarity because that dumpster was visible from Azalea Garden Rd. But Lakeside Drive, The Base, the dumpsite in Charlotte... those are definitely areas of familiarity to whoever murdered this girl. And I can't help but point out, again , that the dumpsite is right on 77 , a straight shot to Fort Jackson where the BF was stationed. That just can't be a damned coincidence, imo .

Let me see if I've got this right.

Ashanti left her apartment to go to work on base. She passed through a gate, but had to immediately exit due to an accident on base. Which meant she had to enter at another gate. She never got to work, yet her car exited a gate.

Now if this is correct, either she left something at home and decided to make a quick trip back and encountered whoever along the way or at her apartment, or she encountered whoever after arriving on base, but prior to getting to work and they either forced her to drive or drove off with her in the car.If the latter is the case it shouldn't take NCIS long to determine whoever and whether or not they are active military or a civilian working on the base.

I'd love to know what kind of accident and the proximity of the accident to where she worked. My mind is wondering if it was truly an accident and had nothing to do with what happened to Ashanti, whoever decided to take advantage of the accident for crime of opportunity, or whoever planned on doing something to her and created the accident as a diversion to keep personnel in the area occupied while they carried out.

Exactly. You could possibly rule out the dumpster on Tallyho Terrace as a place of familiarity because that dumpster was visible from Azalea Garden Rd. But Lakeside Drive, The Base, the dumpsite in Charlotte... those are definitely areas of familiarity to whoever murdered this girl. And I can't help but point out, again , that the dumpsite is right on 77 , a straight shot to Fort Jackson where the BF was stationed. That just can't be a damned coincidence, imo .
I was thinking the same but if he was in boot camp there's no way. Not when the time they're accounted for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same but if he was in boot camp there's no way. Not when the time they're accounted for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My thought too. BF's location at the time Ashanti's car last left the base would be more easily accountable. I'm sure they checked him out at the start. And I believe if he was even suspected of having anything to do with it something unofficial-off the record-official would've leaked by now.

If someone knew she had a bf there, maybe they wanted to try to frame/implicate him?

Sounds like the killer(s) was tossing stuff out of the car. Possible red herrings here as well.

Do we know if she was wearing the sweatshirt at the time she disappeared, or was it just in her car?

I feel optimistic her case will be solved soon.

Could it be a female who was jealous of Ashanti because of the BF? If he's just in basic training, that doesn't make much sense either.
Looks like the church is right off Beatties Ford Rd. which is a pretty rough area of Charlotte IIRC. I lived right at that edge of downtown- less than 4mi away straight down Beatties Ford- a number of years ago. I never ventured that direction for good reason.

I can't figure out how anyone could've done this without help. Could Ashanti have given someone a ride to the base that morning I wonder? It seems unlikely but that means whoever did this either drove there and left their vehicle or got a ride. Then they had to have access to a vehicle somewhere near the dump site for her car.
Does anyone know if you need to show military ID or something that says you work or have business on base to be allowed entrance? I don't know how that works but I would think whoever it was would at least be familiar with the base.

Could it be a female who was jealous of Ashanti because of the BF? If he's just in basic training, that doesn't make much sense either.
Looks like the church is right off Beatties Ford Rd. which is a pretty rough area of Charlotte IIRC. I lived right at that edge of downtown- less than 4mi away straight down Beatties Ford- a number of years ago. I never ventured that direction for good reason.

I can't figure out how anyone could've done this without help. Could Ashanti have given someone a ride to the base that morning I wonder? It seems unlikely but that means whoever did this either drove there and left their vehicle or got a ride. Then they had to have access to a vehicle somewhere near the dump site for her car.
Does anyone know if you need to show military ID or something that says you work or have business on base to be allowed entrance? I don't know how that works but I would think whoever it was would at least be familiar with the base.

You've got to have a CAC (Common Access Card) or retired ID to get on base. Gone are the days when you just had to have a sticker. Now the driver - on some occasions, all of the passengers - have to stop at the gate and show their CAC. Sometimes the gate guard just looks at the photo and name and the driver to verify identity and other times they have a hand held card scanner to verify the card is real.

This started not far from me and I've been following it off and on locally, but not here. I've driven onto the Little Creek base MANY times, so I can envision the area. Little Creek - now merged with nearby Fort Story as a result of the last BRAC - is home to the amphibious fleet (although the larger amphibs are at nearby Norfolk Naval Station) and most of our east coast SEAL teams.

I almost lean toward Ashanti driving back to get something and whatever happened occurred off base. I can't imagine this happening on base in day time with all of the sailors and marines around. I hope LE gets justice for her and soon.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that she left for work at 4 am , when according to her mother, she usually didn't get there until 6 - 6:30 ? It's only a 15 minute drive from her apartment on Bonney Rd. And another thing, she entered gate 1 at 4:56 and her vehicle didn't exit that gate again until 30 minutes later. If she wasn't inside the sub shop, where was she for 30 minutes ?

Picture of the boulders where she was found:
1506819354109.jpg

You can see these boulders at the back of the church property on Google earth: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...a29d6b4790e961c5!8m2!3d35.283641!4d-80.861706

I had been trying to figure out how someone carried her past the AME church unseen but there is a neighborhood right there. Perhaps she was held in one of those houses? There is also another church, Reeder Memorial, that looks like its parking lot backs up close to the area with the rocks. If there is a cut-through from the parking lot, Maybe someone familiar with the area used that to take her body there. They had to know she would be found pretty fast, however. :thinking:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that she left for work at 4 am , when according to her mother, she usually didn't get there until 6 - 6:30 ? It's only a 15 minute drive from her apartment on Bonney Rd. And another thing, she entered gate 1 at 4:56 and her vehicle didn't exit that gate again until 30 minutes later. If she wasn't inside the sub shop, where was she for 30 minutes ?

I'm with you on that..I thought from the begaining that for a collage student to get to work that early was a big red flag!! You would think she would want to sleep untill the last minute with her busy schedule..I'm wondering when exactly did the roommates last see her? Was it leaving to work or the night before? It seems to me she was going to meet someone..

Picture of the boulders where she was found:
1506819354109.jpg

You can see these boulders at the back of the church property on Google earth: https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...a29d6b4790e961c5!8m2!3d35.283641!4d-80.861706

I had been trying to figure out how someone carried her past the AME church unseen but there is a neighborhood right there. Perhaps she was held in one of those houses? There is also another church, Reeder Memorial, that looks like its parking lot backs up close to the area with the rocks. If there is a cut-through from the parking lot, Maybe someone familiar with the area used that to take her body there. They had to know she would be found pretty fast, however. :thinking:

They also had to have known the rocks were there in order to hide her and know how to get there without being seen or noticed.

KR
Reacher

I almost lean toward Ashanti driving back to get something and whatever happened occurred off base. I can't imagine this happening on base in day time with all of the sailors and marines around. I hope LE gets justice for her and soon.

I agree that a crime happening on the base is unlikely, but it was pitch black at 4 am. Sunrise isn't until around 6:30 right now.

Are there dogs that can track cadavers? I know they have dogs that find cadavers and dogs that track lice scent, but if someone carried Ashanti to the church, can they back track the scent? I hope this isn't a stupid question��

Nope not the only one with timing issues.

My father lived by the mentality why be the early bird who gets the worm, when you can be there before the bird and get both and would often arrive at work and even Dr's appts about an hour early, so on one hand I can comprehend, while on the other not as much.

By accounts she arrived around 5:00 am, an hour to hour and half prior to her shift. That gave her about an hour to do whatever. Had she planned to meet up with someone?

Right now I'm trying to figure this out. The roommate said she left about 4:00 am. If it only takes about 15 minutes for her to drive from the apartment to the base, there's about 30 minutes she was doing something after leaving home and her arrival at the base. Did she need to stop for gas? Food? A quick meet with someone?

There's a little too much unknown time here.

Edited for typo and clarity.

That might be a 15 minute commute today, on Sunday, but during the week when the base traffic starts all estimates are out the window. According to Google Maps I should make it to Norfolk Naval base in about 24 minutes now, on Sunday. But the last 2-3 weeks with the amount of Navy ships in port, I can't make it to I-64 in 30 minutes and that isn't even a third of the way to the base for me. And rainy weather and/or a bad accident just make it worse. And looking at Weather Underground, it may have been raining that morning. Given the unpredictability of the commute, I can see leaving early when the gate can be backed up at 0530. I've known of restaurant workers on base arriving early and sleep for half an hour in their vehicle. I even had two co-workers that used to do that same thing.

Still she did get there early and then left 30 minutes later. And after leaving was not seen again. That leaves more than one scenario to ponder.

I agree that a crime happening on the base is unlikely, but it was pitch black at 4 am. Sunrise isn't until around 6:30 right now.

She didn't arrive till 0500 and that is the start of the daily activity on Little Creek or any of the other larger military installations. And I believe that NEX parking lot is fairly well lighted.

So sad. What a beautiful name--Ashanti! Prayers again going out for her Family and Friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrian33
Back