GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Adding my relief that he is in custody. Now, let justice prevail!

Thank God. He sounds like a total loser and I don’t think the jury will deliberate very long on this one.

I'm HERE! You all are stuck with me! This case hit close to home for so many reasons! You all are gems! Justice for all the victims+

How in the heck did this man think he was going to kidnap and murder someone and NOT be caught? And how may I ask was he able to be enlisted for 21yrs with that type thinking? This is just one example of all veterans are NOT heros! This man is no hero, no matter what he has done in the past. You murder an innocent person, you lose all prior 'good deeds'... Yet as many posted here, the murderer had to be on base somehow. You were right.

Speaking of on base, how can someone be retired from the navy, yet still be homeless?? Wouldn't his retirement check be enough to get housing?

So he helped build that same Blimpie's that he took her from. Then he leaves her deceased body within 300 yards of his childhood home. Sick monster! But a perfect example of why we've heard some LE say LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION in regards to the crime scenes. So many cases the location has a significance to the perp.

So glad they caught him! Justice for Ashanti!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How in the heck did this man think he was going to kidnap and murder someone and NOT be caught? And how may I ask was he able to be enlisted for 21yrs with that type thinking? This is just one example of all veterans are NOT heros! This man is no hero, no matter what he has done in the past. You murder an innocent person, you lose all prior 'good deeds'... Yet as many posted here, the murderer had to be on base somehow. You were right.

Speaking of on base, how can someone be retired from the navy, yet still be homeless?? Wouldn't his retirement check be enough to get housing?

Or why let live on a military base at all if he's not serving...

:grouphug:
I think we can surmise it was violent and terrible. Thank God he was caught.

I totally agree.

Side note : I cannot believe he was allowed to harass people the way he did for as long as he did on base without any consequence. Hitchhiking and sleeping in different locations just different. I have lived on bases my whole life...

I really do appreciate that. What I have read so far in the affidavit makes me sick but thanks everyone. I hope this is it an justice can be served. This isn't the guy I was suspecting. I'm just grateful for an arrest and praying justice will be served
I am SO relieved it wasn't your guy. I was pretty creeped out about him. I too look forward to you sticking around. Once you get hooked on this place....

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]
I totally agree. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Side note : I cannot believe he was allowed to harass people the way he did for as long as he did on base without any consequence. Hitchhiking and sleeping in different locations just different. I have lived on bases my whole life...
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I keep turning this over in my mind, too! Reading the affidavit & the MSM articles, he repeatedly made crude remarks to Ashanti and her co-workers about her body and implying that she was a stripper / prostitute. He hung out at the laundromat next door and was so intrusive and inappropriate with a woman who worked there that she complained to her manager, who shifted her to another location. He spoke openly about his hatred of women, especially black women, in public. How was this allowed to continue?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I’ve visited a few bases, but never lived or worked on one. I have worked at federal facilities, and I’m comfortable in saying that if anyone said the things he said to anyone working there, regardless of status, that person would be booted.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Did his status as a retired vet protect him? Did the people subjected to his harassment feel like they had to put up with this because they were civilians? Or is this a sad case of too many (male) managers shrugging off clearly threatening behavior (toward female workers)? This is what we’re hearing from two businesses located adjacent to each other at the apparent crime scene. I really doubt these were isolated instances. This guy was free to threaten and harass women and likely picked young and/or subordinate women knowing he could get away with it.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]When do we say ENOUGH?!?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

I'm so glad that he was finally caught. Good work by LE. The articles and court documents are horrifying to read. I can only imagine what she must have gone through. He seems a very disturbed and dangerous individual.

May Ashanti be comforted in God's loving embrace.

I'm relieved to know that this man will pay for what he did to Ashanti, but my relief doesn't out weight my sadness. No amount of justice will return this beautiful young woman to her family. My heart just breaks for her parents.

Thank goodness. I've not read back to get details but I saw arrest added to the title and let out an involuntary 'yes!'. I was beginning to worry that Ashanti wouldn't get justice.

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I keep turning this over in my mind, too! Reading the affidavit & the MSM articles, he repeatedly made crude remarks to Ashanti and her co-workers about her body and implying that she was a stripper / prostitute. He hung out at the laundromat next door and was so intrusive and inappropriate with a woman who worked there that she complained to her manager, who shifted her to another location. He spoke openly about his hatred of women, especially black women, in public. How was this allowed to continue?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I’ve visited a few bases, but never lived or worked on one. I have worked at federal facilities, and I’m comfortable in saying that if anyone said the things he said to anyone working there, regardless of status, that person would be booted.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Did his status as a retired vet protect him? Did the people subjected to his harassment feel like they had to put up with this because they were civilians? Or is this a sad case of too many (male) managers shrugging off clearly threatening behavior (toward female workers)? This is what we’re hearing from two businesses located adjacent to each other at the apparent crime scene. I really doubt these were isolated instances. This guy was free to threaten and harass women and likely picked young and/or subordinate women knowing he could get away with it.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]When do we say ENOUGH?!?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
I totally agree.. I mean it's unacceptable! This could have been avoided!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back