VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if he didn't wander off, and he wasn't abducted, and he was last seen in the home at 2 a.m., uhhhhhh, I was born at night, but not LAST night.

How'd he go missing then? I mean, he didn't walk out of there, and nobody came in and got him.

What could I be missing here?
The legal definition of abduction is:
the taking of a person against their will, generally by means of persuasion, fraud, or force.

So to me, that means a child could be willing to go with someone they trust (a parent or someone they know), meaning it's not abduction by the legal sense.

And I think you answered your own question when you said "he didn't walk out of there, and nobody came in and got him". :p That leaves one thing.... someone he trusted, and either lived in the house (dad), or visited, and was very familiar to him (mom), walked out with him. Keep in mind his parents are both POIs which makes my 2 points above extremely plausible. At least I think they are still both POIs. I haven't kept up and just sat back down to my puter.

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling they may have to go back prior to the day Codi was reported missing to get to the bottom of it all.

They will likely do that as a matter of course. Whenever I led an investigation, officers were always briefed to ask potential witnesses questions that pertained not just to the time given but also the 48 hours previously, especially when asking POI’s because it relaxes them into the narrative and they will happily talk freely as they have nothing to hide but one of two things generally happen as you get to the pertinent timeline where events became challenging:

1. They start to relay events in a different way and their speech itself changes and they become obviously uncomfortable and display NVC’s ( non verbal communications) which show forms of deceit in the answers that they give.
OR
2. They are uncomfortable from the start and find it difficult when questions are asked, ( often one question can be posed in half a dozen different ways) to maintain the same answer for the question (irrespective of how many times and different ways a question is asked, if telling the truth, your answer will be consistent but when lying, it is difficult to give the same answer to a question posed in a few different ways because they are trying to remember the lie and often are so consumed with that , they overlook that it’s the same question but worded differently and they slip up).

So by starting your interview with a POI, it’s important to go back, sometimes as far as a week or more depending upon the circumstances, so that they relax whilst talking about mundane but true daily occurrences but once they have to start to lie when answering questions, their whole demeanour changes .

An absolute classic portrayal of this change in behaviour in a POI when talking about truths and then having to switch to lies and the NVC’s becoming very apparent is the interview of Colonel Russell Williams, a high ranking officer , Commander of CFB TRENTON, Canadian Armed Forces, sentenced to life imprisonment for numerous first degree Rapes and two murders - all female. Take a look on YT. It’s a fascinating and very skilful interview by the Investigator.

I too find it odd. Where is he sleeping, eating and showering? Is he staying in a interrogation room with a cot or a private cell not under arrest?
Good questions. I'm guessing he hasn't asked for an attorney because I think it's unlikely an attorney would recommend he stay at the PD 24...48....72 hours +

Couple of thoughts.
Staying at the Police station is a good way to avoid the media and public speculation. If he were to join in any search he would have to answer reporters questions. JMO.
About the flip flops, have you seen young preschoolers wear flip flops? We never allowed them in preschool because they are dangerous and children have difficulty walking in them besides not staying on their feet.
I know there may be exceptions to this but they are a pain to deal with even if only wearing inside house. JMO.
Yes, my son always wore flip flops when he was younger and plenty of kids wear them. Sometimes they have a strap on the back, sometimes not. But they are easy for toddlers to get on and wear.

Catching up...

From the article:

Cory is still at police headquarters voluntarily and no formal charges have been filed at this time. Police say he is choosing to answer their questions and has been there since the day he reported Codi missing.

The Army confirmed Wednesday that Cory is an Army veteran who held the rank of Sgt. 1st Class at the end of service in September 2017. According to court documents, hewas previously charged in 2018 with assault and battery involving a family member but was later dismissed.

Police say they are not ruling anything out at this time when asked if Codi's mother could be a person of interest.

Hampton VA Police on Twitter
Person of Interest - Cory Bigsby

[URL='https://twitter.com/HamptonVAPolice/status/1488924586863378437']12:17 PM · Feb 2, 2022
·Twitter Web App[/URL]

272852058_2494511010684373_8740537781545738815_n.jpg
This poor baby. This is a update photo of Codi.

I agree that there are partial truths embedded in dad’s story. The clothing description sounds more like what Codi might have worn in the daytime, not bedtime so it could be accurate. MOO

IMO LE wouldn’t name dad a POI without strong evidence to back it up. They’ve been dropping red flags all over this case since the beginning.
They really have been forthcoming in answering questions and sharing pertinent info. Especially as compared to the other missing children cases. I do appreciate that they are too. I just want more.

My kids if they woke up middle of the night they went to my bed or the tv they never left the home jmoo
It's been a long time since my two were four, but I'm pretty sure going out in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning would not have been something either of them would have done, for any reason. I'm having a hard time thinking that he just wandered out the door.
It's hurting my heart to see pictures of him, such a sad little face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven