VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So. Apparently Codi was seen by others who are reliable, or was photographed at an event at Christmas. And that was it. There was another case many years ago of a 5 year old girl whose father said she stormed out of the house because she was denied a cookie, but she had been missing for months and I believe stepmom had killed her. So sad. Hard to think you could get away with that.

when Codi was first reported missing a neighbor was interviewed. That neighbor described Codi as a frequent playmate and friend of her daughter. It gave me hope that Codi hadn't been "MIA" for too long. But I hadn't taken into account winter, colder temps, and the fact that Codi could have been missing for much longer because people are outdoors less when the temps are colder. Kids that young aren't spending as much time outdoors, with their playmates. :(

Christmas. Discouraging to say the least. I still believe that the other kids in the household were key in LE deciding Cory's stories aren't true. I hope authorities are able to piece together what went on in that apartment and find out what he did to this baby.

when Codi was first reported missing a neighbor was interviewed. That neighbor described Codi as a frequent playmate and friend of her daughter. It gave me hope that Codi hadn't been "MIA" for too long. But I hadn't taken into account winter, colder temps, and the fact that Codi could have been missing for much longer because people are outdoors less when the temps are colder. Kids that young aren't spending as much time outdoors, with their playmates. :(

Christmas. Discouraging to say the least. I still believe that the other kids in the household were key in LE deciding Cory's stories aren't true. I hope authorities are able to piece together what went on in that apartment and find out what he did to this baby.
Bbm...

This feels like.. an attempt to insinuate he wandered on his own.

Also, if a child is known for opening a window or door.. lots of options out there to prevent that so they don't end up in this situation.
yeah, I don't put too much stock in paternal family members quotes. Of course they will try to believe their family member didn't do something heinous. It's not often that a family member of someone accused of wrongdoing jumps up and says, yep, he is horrible, he probably hurt his child.

It's been a long time since my two were four, but I'm pretty sure going out in the middle of the night/wee hours of the morning would not have been something either of them would have done, for any reason. I'm having a hard time thinking that he just wandered out the door.
It's hurting my heart to see pictures of him, such a sad little face.

But maybe your kids weren't sad and wanted to live somewhere else, or hurting, or scared, or wanted to follow someone out the door rather than stay in the house. Who knows, maybe the male parent threw his blankie in the trash, for example.

I have no trouble believing that this little boy would walk out the door. However, subsequent to the police updates, I have trouble believing that's what happened on this particular night.

But maybe your kids weren't sad and wanted to live somewhere else, or hurting, or scared, or wanted to follow someone out the door rather than stay in the house. Who knows, maybe the male parent threw his blankie in the trash, for example.

I have no trouble believing that this little boy would walk out the door. However, subsequent to the police updates, I have trouble believing that's what happened on this particular night.
Good point.

Ok. So. Apparently Codi was seen by others who are reliable, or was photographed at an event at Christmas. And that was it. There was another case many years ago of a 5 year old girl whose father said she stormed out of the house because she was denied a cookie, but she had been missing for months and I believe stepmom had killed her. So sad. Hard to think you could get away with that.
Unfathomable!

Reminds of little Evelyn Boswell a 1 year old who was missing for two months before LE got involved.

The latest according to the local news I watched at noon- they have 50 volunteers searching again today. They have called in fire & rescue from another city to help. Family members from out of town will be arriving to help in the search. Nothing else to note except FBI questions posted already.

Hampton police have not said when Codi was last seen by anyone outside of his family, with the FBI post raising speculation that he has been missing since Christmas.

“We don’t have that,” said Cpl. Ernest Williams when asked if the boy was seen over the holidays. “We just reached out trying to get as much data on him as possible. So we just stretched it out a little more.”

Investigators trying to pinpoint sightings of missing 4-year-old, Codi Bigsby, since Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82