VA VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Cory Bigsby (dad) named as POI, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The father actually had custody of 4 children this young? How bad must the mother be if he got custody of all of them instead of her?
So 4 kids ages 2-4-5? Do we have twins? I know the math could work out but come on! AND, he has custody of all of them? I did listen to the video @whitelilac pointed out to me however I didn't hear the age thing, very well could have missed it though. What a mess

The aunt says he has 8 children total, with full custody of these 4. With no family nearby to help? How could anyone realistically handle that?
I wonder if the other 3 kids have the same sad and scared look that Codi does in his photos
Heartbreaking.
That look is haunting, especially after what has happened. But, look at his father. He has that same look it seems to me. I just don't want that look to be a statement of his little life. MO

The aunt says he has 8 children total, with full custody of these 4. With no family nearby to help? How could anyone realistically handle that?
I wonder if the other 3 kids have the same sad and scared look that Codi does in his photos
Heartbreaking.

I may have missed it previously but where is the mother(s) of Codi and the other children? Are they out of state?

Virginia statute on child neglect.

A. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 who by willful act or willful omission or refusal to provide any necessary care for the child's health causes or permits serious injury to the life or health of such child is guilty of a Class 4 felony. For purposes of this subsection, "serious injury" includes but is not limited to (i) disfigurement, (ii) a fracture, (iii) a severe burn or laceration, (iv) mutilation, (v) maiming, (vi) forced ingestion of dangerous substances, and (vii) life-threatening internal injuries.

B. 1. Any parent, guardian, or other person responsible for the care of a child under the age of 18 whose willful act or omission in the care of such child was so gross, wanton, and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title18.2/chapter8/section18.2-371.1/
Section 63.2-100 Provides a clear definition of child abuse and neglect. Its referenced in the Code you posted.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/63.2-100/
§ 63.2-100. Definitions.
As used in this title, unless the context requires a different meaning:

"Abused or neglected child" means any child less than 18 years of age:

Sarah Hammond
@SarahHammondTV

JUST IN: Hampton attorney Jeffrey Ambrose has been retained to represent Cory Bigsby. His office says he hasn’t spoken to his client yet. At last check, Cory was still at police headquarters voluntarily
@13NewsNow

Sarah Hammond
@SarahHammondTV

1h
I just spoke with Ambrose. He tells me he went to the Hampton Police Division earlier today to speak with Cory Bigsby, but was not allowed to see him. He says officers told him that because he is there voluntarily and had not asked for an attorney, they couldn't talk to him...

Sarah Hammond @SarahHammondTV

“I am concerned that because he has been there for so long and is not being told about the presence of counsel, that his presence may not be voluntary," Ambrose tells me. "We are simply not being given access to him so that we can confirm that."

Lawyer says Hampton police denied access to Cory Bigsby | 13newsnow.com
Ambrose said he and co-counsel went to the police headquarters earlier Thursday afternoon but was told he wasn't allowed to enter, because Cory didn't request an attorney and was present voluntarily.

According to Ambrose, he requested that detectives inform Cory that legal counsel hired by his family was present. He said he was told that they wouldn't do so, and wouldn't answer further questions on the matter.

??? Weird.
Ummm, this doesn’t sound right, at all?

Kaicey Baylor on Twitter
DAY 5: The search for #CodiBigsby stretches into its fifth day. @HamptonVAPolice say search efforts will continue into the weekend. We’re expected to hear more from police today at noon. If you can answer the questions below, call FBI. #13Daybreakers @13NewsNow

5:13 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Anthony Sabella on Twitter
THIS MORNING: Cory Bigsby, father of missing #Hampton 4 y.o. Codi Bigsby, is set to be arraigned on 7 counts of child neglect stemming from alleged incidents that go back to December. Hearing set for 9 am and we’ll be there. Stick with @WTKR3 for updates.
5:53 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

She is gaslighting all of us. I wish they would stop giving her air time.

MOO
She reminds me of Leticia Stauch when she was giving interviews and she was all over Facebook. As much as this person has injected herself into this, if this child has been missing since around Christmas and she didn’t know, that’s a bit sketchy in my opinion. She’s so sure of his innocence then she must have seen Cody between Christmas and the date he went missing and that’s not what I’m hearing her say. I have a feeling we may see some accomplices in the near future. IMO.

FEB 4, 2022
Warrant: Father of missing Hampton boy admits to leaving kids alone (wtkr.com)
[...]

News 3 obtained the arrest warrant for him and it stated that he left his children that were younger than five home alone on multiple instances.

“Bigsby confessed to leaving the children alone for over 3 hours on December 13th, 2021; so he could go buy a vehicle in Norfolk. The three youngest children were left home alone during this transaction. The children were left without a means or ability to communicate emergency services,” as stated on the arrest warrant.

Bigsby informed Detective Smith that the children were too much of a burden to take out with him when he leaves his home.

A similar situation occurred on January 25, 2022, just days before Codi was reported missing.

[...]

Kaicey Baylor on Twitter
We just picked up court documents. It shows police charged Cory Bigsby for leaving his children, a 5 y/o, 4 y/o and twin 2 y/o, to run errands twice over the last two months. These charges aren’t related to Codi’s disappearance.
@13NewsNow
8:31 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

I have a feeling they sat on these charges since Cory was there on his own free will but once the Attorney showed up they had to do something to keep him there and keep pressure on him. IMO
I think you're exactly right on this. I'm thinking the attorney told them he would file a Writ. They would either have to charge him or let him go. This opinion is based on info from attorney and family that said they were denied access to Bigsby. JMO

Does anyone know if the hearing this morning will be streamed so we can watch?
I don't know if it will be streamed but WAVY is already there.

Julie (Parise) Millet on Twitter
We are at Hampton JDR court this morning awaiting the arraignment of Cory Bigsby, the father of missing 4-year-old #CodiBigsby. Cory Bigsby faces 7 counts of child neglect. Sources tell @WAVY_News
the charges come from a series of incidents back in December.
8:28 AM · Feb 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

So is WTKR, who will have a live update.

Penny Kmitt on Twitter
DAY #5 OF CODI BIGSBY MISSING. BREAKING UPDATE: Documents reveal Codi’s dad, Cory Bigsby, admitted to leaving his kids home alone for hours. He’s charged with 7 counts of child neglect. @AnthonyWTKR
is at court and will have a live update on @WTKR3
8:51 AM · Feb 4, 2022 from Hampton, VA·Twitter for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members