VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The steam tunnels at SIU (Southern Illinois University - Carbondale) were THE place to go in the mid-1970s when Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson came out with Dungeons and Dragons. Many people thought that elves and orcs and demons and dragons and wizards were evil and as sure sign of the end of the world! So all the 'nerds' (who have since inherited the Earth!) went into the steam tunnels to play and be left alone and get themselves scared silly! http://www.infiltration.org/siu/

Yes, and the controversies around D&D at that time are notably similar to those we see today around horrorcore. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons_controversies

Room 333 on the ISH hall, International Studies Hall, is said to be another location in the Cunningham’s that is haunted. Not by a townie but a student this time around. Main Cunningham was built in 1932. In the early nineties, a student lived in the room alone and was having trouble in his life. He was depressed and unhappy.

According to folklore, the student was an art major and ended up committing suicide. To kill himself and to do his last painting, he supposedly painted a red line around the top of the wall all around the room with his own blood from slitting his wrists before finally passing away from blood loss.

Every few years it is said that when the university repaints the walls, after the first coat, a red line appears at the top of the wall all around the room. It is said that this is the blood coming back from this sad young man that has perished and a warning to everyone not to make the same mistake he did in life.

From http://www.thespook.org/page.php?13

According to Crowley, 333 is the number of Chronozon the Demon of the Abyss. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choronzon

In the Simon (aka Levenda) Necronomicon, Chronozon is equated with (you guessed it) our buddy Pazuzu. See http://alleeshadowtradition.com/pdf/necronomicon2.pdf page 20.

See http://warlockasylum.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/keys-to-the-ancient-ones-part-13-pazuzu-is-choronzon/ for a rather detailed discussion of this last point.

Could this have been a "jumping in"?

I mean, could that be the odd thing we were missing and all the after the fact contact was Sam saying:

"Hey, I did it. Let's play and be friends" only to get this response:

"You what? You moron, you weren't supposed to REALLY kill them"

Could this have been a "jumping in"?

I mean, could that be the odd thing we were missing and all the after the fact contact was Sam saying:

"Hey, I did it. Let's play and be friends" only to get this response:

"You what? You moron, you weren't supposed to REALLY kill them"

I don't think there is any indication of a gang ritual of the sort you are referring to here, but perhaps Sam imagined that there was one.

Another question for the locals...

There is an IOOF cemetery off of Main St. in Farmville. Anyone notable buried there or any other interesting stories about this location?

Thanks in advance!

lol,the same people that think it makes perfect sense that that guy returned from the dead 3 days after being crucified and that somehow wipes away their sins find it offensive that that guy was married and had a bloodline?

Umm....I am a Christian and as hard as it is to follow this case at times (due to my beliefs) I have a huge interest in psychology, both professionally and personally. As it seems, there are many on this thread who are agnostic/atheist which is fine because they have been respectful and I appreciate that, but this comment was out of line to me. YES, I do believe it makes perfect sense.

Umm....I am a Christian and as hard as it is to follow this case at times (due to my beliefs) I have a huge interest in psychology, both professionally and personally. As it seems, there are many on this thread who are agnostic/atheist which is fine because they have been respectful and I appreciate that, but this comment was out of line to me. YES, I do believe it makes perfect sense.

I'm curious about how your beliefs make it hard to follow the case. Would you mind expanding on that? Not trying to set you up here, I'm just curious about this point.

DavidChi.jpg

Longwood Student at "Chi Burning:

chiwalk.jpg
Hooded and "blind" members of Chi during Chi walk

592785252_a0c6a6ffd4.jpg

KKK Cross Burning

studa_3_2.jpg

Chi Walk 2009 (9/22/09)

studa_3_1.jpg

Chi Dropping found in 2009

Superstitions surrounding "droppings":

I know a few others have talked about this other tradition but it is so important to Longwood that I must mention it again. CHI is a one of two secret societies in Longwood. CHI has been around since 1900, that is a 109 years peeps! They are a secret group of students who are an embodiment of Longwood Spirit and love. Their symbol is a modified Rotunda, (check the pic) theses symbols litter campus on the sidewalks. DO NOT STEP ON THEM, EVER, EVER! If you do this you are directly stepping on the very Spirit of Longwood! Wouldn't want to do that now would you?

The second secret society is PRINCEPS. This group has been around for a little more than 20 years. They stand for leadership. The symbol they rally behind is a 7 with a seven point crown above it. Like the rotundas there are black crowns all around campus. STEP ON THESE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!! Its good luck! Like CHI, no one knows who is in this group until senior year!

From: http://www.whylongwood.com/apps/journal/journal.asp?cat=e

I'm curious about how your beliefs make it hard to follow the case. Would you mind expanding on that? Not trying to set you up here, I'm just curious about this point.

Because of all of the offensive images from the Horrorcore folks. It saddens me.

Because of all of the offensive images from the Horrorcore folks. It saddens me.

Well sure I can understand that. I guess what I am asking is a bit more specific. How does your system of belief inform that? Is it specifically the anti-Christian images that sadden you for example?

I certainly respect your beliefs but after many years of research I have come to see things in a different light and while I do think Jesus was a special person I think he was one in a line of many who have been sent to teach us a higher path and I obviously have trouble with those who believe that one can only get to heaven assuming there is such a thing, through Jesus and only Jesus. I am personally an atheist and that mostly relates to my practice of Buddhism which is largely an atheistic or at the very least agnostic philosophy but certainly to each their own I think everyone should do what works best for them.

i, too, am Christian. But i also am aware that I am in a forum, and many people from many walks of life are present. The main concern though, is what went on in Sam's life that could have influenced him to snap and do such a brutal murder. He was into Horrorcore music, writing and singing of some of the very things he did to these people in Farmville. Sometimes, offensive or not, to get to the bottom of things to try to understand what ticks in a mind, is what a person has to get through,,, all the stuff,,, offensive and/or not offensive. As people from various beliefs are in agreement ( i do believe from reading all these posts) , that what in the world happened to Sam to come to this path in his young life?

Andres,did you ever have your girlfriend swing that maul?
I almost did at Loews the other day but I chickened out....I picked it up though it was heavy but I'm sure I could do some damage with it if I was angry enough...probably more likely than with a little hammer,wouldn't it take a lot more force and speed to use the little hammer instead of the big maul to actually kill somebody?

Been gone all day because I had to go in to work today, but I did swing by the hardware store and bought a maul. I'm sure I looked pretty odd buying it in a suit. Anyway, my girlfriend and I are going to do a few experiments with it and I'll post everything notable.

Been gone all day because I had to go in to work today, but I did swing by the hardware store and bought a maul. I'm sure I looked pretty odd buying it in a suit. Anyway, my girlfriend and I are going to do a few experiments with it and I'll post everything notable.

Date night! :wink: Andres, you ole sonofagun! {tapu punches andres on shoulder}

I'm sorry I don't mean to be offensive it's just something I can't understand.

lol,that reminds me of "american psycho"

dangrs can you tell me something about the history of "occult" believes,I would imagine they are within the same belief system as christianity and also based on pagan beliefs?
....or is there a type of occult that developed seperate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member