VA VA - Dashad "Sage" Smith, 19, Charlottesville, 20 Nov 2012

It's difficult to get missing persons coverage for an adult, let alone a black transgender one. Sad but true.

Very worried about Sage. I'm afraid that this EM person harmed her, perhaps upon finding out she is transgender. :( Please let be that they've gone off somewhere together, or maybe Sage felt the need to leave town for a few days??? :sigh:

:bump: Bumping for Sage!

A new poster is on the FB page this morning, as well as a lovely note from one of Sage's friends.

Folks who tweet - is there someone well known, or famous, that could be asked to retweet Sage's missing information? Perhaps someone with ties to Sage's hometown, or maybe a celeb who is gay or transgender? Any reason for a connection to someone with a lot of followers to help get the info out to lots of people.

A new poster is on the FB page this morning, as well as a lovely note from one of Sage's friends.

Folks who tweet - is there someone well known, or famous, that could be asked to retweet Sage's missing information? Perhaps someone with ties to Sage's hometown, or maybe a celeb who is gay or transgender? Any reason for a connection to someone with a lot of followers to help get the info out to lots of people.

I haven't used twitter in ages but they could try Alyssa Milano (@alyssa_milano) - she's quite prolific. They should set up a FindSage Twitter too.

This site should help identify some names? http://www.famoustweeters.com/

Anyone in Charlottesville area recognize any of the celeb tweeters as local to the city or state?

Maybe Lady Gaga or Ellen Degeneres would be good ideas as well?

Any twitter users on thread who could tweet the info for Sage?

I know RuPaul is still quite popular among the LGBT community as per his reality show. He tweets often. Also, someone else mentioned Lady Gaga, who I think is a perfect candidate.

ETA: There is also Adam Lambert, Anderson Cooper, Lance Bass.

I don't tweet but maybe someone who does could tweet Chazz Bono (I'm not even sure if he has a twitter account, but if he does) a link to Sage's story. Chazz is the only high-profile transgender person I can think of off-hand....

Does Eric McFadden have a car? If so, is ther an APB or something similar out for it?

Thinking of Sage... Watching for news on her in between watching the Nancy Grace interview news rolling in on Dylan's thread! Glad to see the Charlottesville Pride group speaking up and getting one news attention for Sage!

The only news I found overnight was about folks speaking at city council meeting about lack of attention and effort on Sage's case. Sadly, I agree with them. I would love to hear from LE with an update on their efforts to find both Sage and EM, and what their results have been.

Anyone else able to find any news?

From the FB page:

OK here's the update:
Thursday:
The C-ville City Manager's Office contacted us, and we have a conference call at 10 am Thursday. (We will be demanding the C-ville City Police and Chief Tim Longo, now ask for state and FBI assistance. We also will be asking for the authorities to reach out for searches of areas which may hold evidence.

Saturday: Candle Light Vigil 731 Orange Dale 6:30pm to 7:30 pm
We're asking at least 200 people to show up, support finding Dashad/Sage. Stand up that every citizen has Human Rights, and should be given the same priority and respect regardless of race, sexual orientation, or social economic class.

Sunday: time and place TBA:
We hope to set down with Detective Mooney of C-ville P.D. and people who can shed some light on Dashad/Sage's where about on that night. This will be a sit down discussion not an interrogation, we will try to get a buffet conference room

Remember we are in this together, Rashad/Sage has a mother, father, and grandmother who all love him dearly and this has taken a toll on them; don't forget to show them your love and support.

:please: they find Sage soon.

jmo

Just sent out some tweets to the celebs mentioned in this thread with a link to an article about Sage--looking for more to contact.

Praying Sage comes home soon!

Just sent out some tweets to the celebs mentioned in this thread with a link to an article about Sage--looking for more to contact.

Praying Sage comes home soon!

Thank you! You're awesome!

I really think Tim Miller from Equusearch could help find Sage if he was to get involved but the victim's family has to ask him to come. Does anyone know how to contact Sage's parents to suggest and they ask for TES's help?

Also, just want to add that this story (no new news, just the family saying the city hasn't done enough to find Sage) shows a beautiful example of a loving family that never stopped loving and supporting their son, no matter if his life was outside of the "norm." I doubt this family will stand for poor response to Sage's disappearance. Sage is lucky to have them and they are a beautiful example of a true family that loves and supports each other. They love & support Sage no matter what. http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...ncilors-City-Isnt-Doing-Enough-181945371.html

Others to tweet:

It Gets Better Project: @ItGetsBetter

GLSEN: @glsen

Gay Straight Alliance: @GSAnetwork

Kathy Griffin: @kathygriffin

Anderson Cooper: @andersoncooper

George Takei: @georgetakei

(will add more as I am able in between working!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back