VA VA - Dashad "Sage" Smith, 19, Charlottesville, 20 Nov 2012

I hope this article ^^ starts an avalanche of coverage for Sage!

Paisleyb, any retweets yet? I wonder if including something in the tweet like "missing transgender teen gets no media attn" with teh link to story would help pique some interest in it?

I can't tell if Eric is a suspect in Sages disappearance or a friend who was there wrong place wrong time. This is a confusing story IMO

I wonder if Sage had any depression issues or emotional issues? It is much more common in transgender individuals. Maybe knowing this information would help know his state of mind and where he may possible go. Why is Eric a suspect? It says they interviewed him. I wonder if skipped town because he's scared or if he did something to Sage.

Thinking of Sage tonight, I hope she is somewhere safe.

Still nothing in the news. Was hoping some of the traffic from the HuffPo article would get the ball rolling on media attention. :sigh:

I don't tweet, but I have a friend on fb who dj's a show on the public radio station in Charlottesville. I'll suggest he "like" Dashad/Sage's missing page. Maybe he tweets too...

I hope this article ^^ starts an avalanche of coverage for Sage!

Paisleyb, any retweets yet? I wonder if including something in the tweet like "missing transgender teen gets no media attn" with teh link to story would help pique some interest in it?

Nothing yet :( I keep sending them out with a link to article. Hoping to get some attention for it, even if it means bugging celebs ;)

I would think lady gaga of anyone would help spread the word. She's a proponent for transgenders. I just don't know if her accounts are actually ran by her or managers.

Another article about Sage, this time on autostraddle (feminist/lbtq site):

http://www.autostraddle.com/sage-smith-is-missing-151568/

Looks like only the lgbt- friendly press is paying attention to this, unfortunately. Not going to let Sage fall down to page two here on WS.

Do we have any more twitter users who can keep tweeting high profile folks about this? :please:

Today is Sage's birthday. Happy birthday, Sage. Where are you?

Sage, it's time to send out more tweets for you on your birthday. You should be home celebrating with your family and friends--it's time to make that happen!

Another story about Sage from two days ago. Interview with Sage's grandma, and some new pics, including an adorable one of Sage as a little one with Grandma. :(

http://www.readthehook.com/108863/searching-sage-family-mourns-missing-teen-demands-police-answers

From the article you linked:

"I have been questioning God," she says through sobs, wondering how she will cope if Dashad never comes home. She also expresses confusion, she says, over the fact that Dashad's two closest friends have not reached out to her, and have, she says, left town rather than helping with searches or attending the vigil that was held in downtown's Lee Park on Wednesday, November 28."

I find that curious. I wonder if the friends left because they are scared, have guilty knowledge, or for unrelated reasons. :waitasec: JMO, IMO

:bump: back to the front page for Sage!

Newest article I could find. No new information, but is the second time I've seen it mentioned that Sage was meeting EM specifically for a date.

Sage, I hope you are somewhere safe and warm to tonight. :rose:

Has EM not shown up either?? Sage where are you?

I wish we knew if they found EM or not. In fact, I wish we knew ANYthing! The lack of media follow up on this case is just shameful.

I think in he morning I'm going to email some of the reporters who did the initial handful of stories and see if they intend to follow up.

ww.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Police-Searching-Landfill-for-Clues-in-Dashad-Smith-Disappearance-183812561.html

Police Searching Landfill for Clues in Dashad Smith Disappearance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back