VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 or the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner at (804) 786-3174.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 or the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner at (804) 786-3174.

Still no definitive answer on if NCMEC or the ME has yet been contacted.

According to latest post on the GD facebook page, there are "a few leads all leading me towards Garden City, South Carolina"... does anyone here know what these leads are?

I typed "highschool year book" into the search bar of ebay, and came up with 53,000 hits. It might be a place to look ... if you can keep from bidding against each other.

Or.... maybe the highschools have old year books in their libraries, or someone on staff might have a collection. If there is a local following this thread, perhaps they could call to find out.

I was on yearbook staff when I was in high school. We had a few copies of every year's yearbook all the way back to when the school started doing yearbooks. Mainly just for reference, but they were never thrown away in case a past student's house burned down or something, they could get a new copy. ANYWAY, what I'm getting at is that I can't imagine a school not having old yearbooks on hand.

Ok, I tried to read all the questions and remarks. I'm sorry if this has already been stated...

Jason & G are wearing skirts in the pictures indeed. G's explanation was that "it was the 90's man." But the two of them did not go around wearing skirts all the time. The pics are atypical.

The group photo that greymetal posted a few hours ago [Jason wearing all black & socks with sandals] is a detail from a Church photo from Champaign, Illinois taken in the late Summer or Autumn of 1994. One of Jason's roommates is following up on the church lead to see if there is any record of Jason there that might include his full name.

Have these pictures/leads been sent to Jason Does Case Manager? That's crucial and I'm worried it's so obvious that it may not have been done in all the excitement.

The Case Manager/ME can easily compare these new pics to the autopsy pictures.

I called the number for missing persons that was attached to the old Huffington Post article over the weekend and told them to look at reddit and websleuths because it looks like someone has identified him. I also e-mailed the dude that wrote the HP article. Meant to update sooner but I lost my old login info and it took a little while for me to get approved to post here.

The person in charge of the case should be talking to the roommates. The ME will have access to info that can easily confirm/deny whether or not this is him. A simple search for the tax ID number for the McDonald's where he worked cross referenced by a social security number search for the time period will tell them if this is the right person. Provided, of course, that records are kept this long. But it's the IRS, I doubt they throw anything away.

I've been using Twitter for about four years now. I would suggest a double hash tag of #doyouknowme (question mark unnecessary) AND #GratefulDoe.You can add other tags like #SouthCarolina, too. Somebody just searching for "South Carolina" in hashtags would see it. We need somebody to make one solid tweet with a side by side (collage) of the current photos & sketches with an info link, then we all retweet it. I have a collage app on my phone, I can fiddle a bit. Give about half an hour & pray that I can figure out how to post a picture on here.

I called the number for missing persons that was attached to the old Huffington Post article over the weekend and told them to look at reddit and websleuths because it looks like someone has identified him. I also e-mailed the dude that wrote the HP article. Meant to update sooner but I lost my old login info and it took a little while for me to get approved to post here.

The person in charge of the case should be talking to the roommates. The ME will have access to info that can easily confirm/deny whether or not this is him. A simple search for the tax ID number for the McDonald's where he worked cross referenced by a social security number search for the time period will tell them if this is the right person. Provided, of course, that records are kept this long. But it's the IRS, I doubt they throw anything away.

Thank you! That's good to know. I messaged Greymetal and suggested she ask if the "informants" (for lack if a better term) would be willing to contact the ME themselves with what information and pictures they have.

I've been using Twitter for about four years now. I would suggest a double hash tag of #doyouknowme (question mark unnecessary) AND #GratefulDoe.You can add other tags like #SouthCarolina, too. Somebody just searching for "South Carolina" in hashtags would see it. We need somebody to make one solid tweet with a side by side (collage) of the current photos & sketches with an info link, then we all retweet it. I have a collage app on my phone, I can fiddle a bit.

Great idea.

I'm working on a poster. Less is more for the twitter pic.

I just feel that we need to leave the Doe pictures out, because people are confused, in my view. We need to ID the REAL picture of Jason/Jay, so, we can determine from that info, if it is Doe. I do understand wanting publicity about Doe, but, right now, IDing Jason/Jay is priority.

Also, if someone knows Jason/Jay, who do we have them call? KWIM? We need to contact the NCMEC or something so they have a heads up.

What if Jason/Jay is a live person, and not actually Doe, KWIM?

Input from you folks would be helpful here.

To me, we need the Twitter Pic to get going viral and we need the more detailed info poster, for our South Carolina and Illinois friends to hard copy post in the targeted areas.

Working on the poster

-ideas for catchy hashtag - how about #whoami? or #whoamI? or # whoami or #Jason-who? or #doyouknowme? or #Jasonfrom1995

If you need exposure in the Myrtle Beach area, can you get in touch with the admin on the Heather Elvis FB page and see if they will post on their site? Page has 55k likes, that's a-lotta people!
https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

You're right. I'll go make another one of just the real photos & we can just say "We're looking for this person by the name of Jay or Jason" blah blah blah.

I rarely post here but read a lot. This is one of the cases that I've followed, pretty much since I heard about it. Now, I have an 18 year old son and can't imagine losing track of him and just going on with my life, never reporting him missing. Surely, someone out there loved Jason/GD as much as I love my son!

Jason looks so alive, so happy, just so fun-loving but also a little sad, to me. I hope he's alive somewhere and will have a good laugh over all of this with his wife and children, but I think he's our Grateful Doe.

You guys are the BOMB! Thank you for what you are doing for J!!

okay posted to FB and twitter. Will repost daily. Has anyone asked Tricia to tweet and post to FB about it? I don't know about you guys but I don't have thousands of twitter and FB followers. Pretty sure her reach is much wider than mine.

Nevermind saw that she just tweeted about it 45 minutes ago.

Every tweet and post to SM gets the word out that much further. Like ripples on a pond, eventually reaching the shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member