VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Social Media Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fr the Huffpo article...I thnk this s important and seems to be overlooked:

In addition to the items found on "Grateful Doe," authorities found a note near the site of the crash that was addressed to someone named "Jason."

"To Jason, sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T.," the note read. It also had a small doodle and a phone number with a 914 prefix.

Jones said authorities do not know if the note belonged to Hager, "Grateful Doe" or someone with no connection to either.

At the time of the accident, some media outlets mistakenly reported that the note was found in "Grateful Doe's" pocket. Jones said that information is incorrect.

"It was found within proximity of the vehicle and may not have even been in his original possession," Jones said.

An important distinction. I still feel the note is a compelling and possibly important lead but yes, big difference in near and in the pocket of Doe.

A million thanks to Greymetal, and to all of you who've worked on giving Grateful Doe a name for such a long time now. And to Wondergirl for giving me a heads up. This truly is Websleuths at its best. Love you folks! Keep up the exellent work. :grouphug:

Wondergirl,

I'll send this to you in a PM as well just in case.

I have not personally reached out to LE. I am not in America, so unfortunately, that is a major roadblock for me!

I know that one of the four people I am now in contact with has. He has not heard anything back.

I say contact them too. I trust your opinion 100%! :)

When looking through yearbooks remember that for various reasons, not every student's photo will be published in the book. So maybe also look for a "not pictured" list and scan for a Jason or a Jay?

Ok so the church photo...does anyone know the name of the church, there's tons online and we could message them? If we know the church there maybe an fb page for it- we could post the photo there? We could send it to people who 'like' the church on FB...the list is endless...

so exciting.

also it MAYBE a multi church get together-so even other churches in the area would be good to get in touch with. I am heavily involved in my church in the UK and we have many multi church get togethers.

Working on the poster

-ideas for catchy hashtag - how about #whoami? or #whoamI? or # whoami or #Jason-who? or #doyouknowme? or #Jasonfrom1995

Let us know
I've been using #gratefuldoe on Twitter but I think I'm the only one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also it MAYBE a multi church get together-so even other churches in the area would be good to get in touch with. I am heavily involved in my church in the UK and we have many multi church get togethers.

It is somewhat interesting to me the two dynamics working here.

We have a Chruch group photo in all black. Then a photo on a skirt smoking a cigarette.

We have the relationship with the McDs women. And the touring with the dead. Very interesting.

Every second that someone doesn't come forward and say "I know him" means more likelihood this is whom we are looking for

The Chruch angle however supports some past theories of Jason running away from something or some people.

There's a lot of great complied info here and on imgur/facebook/nameus, etc. I would just make sure it's all consistent and aligned!

Update:

The photo Greymetal released yesterday is of a church group from Champaign. The photo was taken during a visit to Myrtle Beach in the Summer 1994, which is where one of the roommates met Jason and invited him to come back & live with him in Illinois. Two of the three guys living in the house there in Champaign belonged to that church and one of them is reaching out to the church today to see if Jason's name appears in any church records from that time period. There's no need to release the church name at this point.

So the most recent photo is older than the one with the tie-dye shirt. I was thinking he looked younger in this new one. He doesn't look much over 16 in my opinion.

Update:

The photo Greymetal released yesterday is of a church group from Champaign. The photo was taken during a visit to Myrtle Beach in the Summer 1994, which is where one of the roommates met Jason and invited him to come back & live with him in Illinois. Two of the three guys living in the house there in Champaign belonged to that church and one of them is reaching out to the church today to see if Jason's name appears in any church records from that time period. There's no need to release the church name at this point.
Oh wow. Okay. Thanks for the update. That fills in a few blanks.

WE HAVE A NEW PHOTO;

http://imgur.com/6rTVIWC

Can someone please update to all over ongoing threads? On my phone and struggling to update to here!

Let me know if link doesn't work!

And huge thank you's to the wonderful person supplying me with photos!!! :)

Is this link working for anyone else? It's a dead end for me. Could someone post the pic if they have it saved or if the link works for them?

TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member