VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On FB they seem to be going on about a serial killer in this area. What is that all about? or are they just rambling? Anyone know from the area?

Not good for young college men or women to go it alone late at night; we see too many go missing!
Links to Morgan Harrington:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?99037-VA-Morgan-Harrington-What-do-you-think

Morgan's case might very well fit the rule-of-three I go on about. If so, where she was would would be connected in some way to the perp. Might be good to advise locals to keep an eye out in that area for anything suspicious, if sadly Hannah is a victim of the same killer.

I would like to know how long after her last text went out did her phone stop pinging/turn off? Has anyone seen that info anywhere?

I DO believe there is a serial killer at work in that area of VA. In June, there was a woman who went missing from Carter Mountain (Cville area), hasn't been seen since. I only saw something ONCE on the news about her. Also, who remembers Alicia Showalter Reynolds who went missing in the 90's? Her body was found. Did they ever find her killer? I don't think they did. There was a man going around stopping women on the road during the time Alicia went missing, convincing them something was wrong w/ their car and getting them to pull over. Alicia Showalter Reynolds was the reason I got my first cell phone. My children were little then. My youngest just went off to Va Tech. I've just been a wreck today with the news of this young woman missing. :please::please::please::please:
Edit: Just googled and her killer was never found.

The DM notes that she is not a citizen, and is here on a green card. It says her parents are from England. If she has a british accent that is good news, it would make her more memorable to potential witnesses and also will make it easier to verify or debunk possible sightings/tips. Also her freckles are so thick they are a bit distinctive as well.
What is the DM? I haven't seen this info anywhere. Could you please share a link?

There were at least two other women who disappeared in the greater Cville area this summer, Bonnie Santiago and Janet Renee Field. I doubt those cases are connected to Hannah. Both of them are considerably older and the closer one, Bonnie Santiago, disappeared about 10 miles from the UVA Corner.

Samantha Clarke's disappearance was connected to Randy Allen Taylor, who is in jail for the murder of Alexis Murphy. Charges against Taylor for Clarke's disappearance had to be dropped (http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment). They have not found a body for either girl.

A connection to the Morgan Harrington and/or Alicia Showalter Reynolds case seems more likely, but I think it's just as likely that there are a number of creeps out there waiting for vulnerable young women. If Hannah is 18, I'm guessing she is a freshman at UVA (or "first year," as everyone insists on saying around here) and not very familiar with the Corner area except for the retail strip along West Main.

Regarding her citizenship - I think her family is from the UK but they may live here in the US. I found two friends of hers on FB who appear to be her family, both of whom live in Charlottesville.

Regarding her citizenship - I think her family is from the UK but they may live here in the US. I found two friends of hers on FB who appear to be her family, both of whom live in Charlottesville.

WTVR has called her a "northern Virginia native" so perhaps she grew up here even though they are not citizens and therefore maybe does not have an accent.

Let's hope we won't still be looking for Hannah years later like we are for Lauren... :(

I wish these college kids would use the buddy system.Your cell phone is not going to save you.

So, the silver lining is that if she was using her cell phone to text that she was lost, then they should be able to narrow down where she was/went via cell records.

I third the Lauren Spierer sentiment. The pictures are hauntingly similar, despite the obvious physical differences. And, like the others, I am hoping that is the extent of the similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid