VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that almost immediately after they did a forensic processing of the car, they were able to charge Matthew with the crime of abduction and I think that is because they found Hannah's DNA in his car.

I wonder if BECAUSE they found (if they did) Hannah's DNA in his car, that is why there is perhaps this new charge today of misleading law enforcement. Perhaps it's related now to him having said he didn't have her in his car and now they know that was not true.:thinking:

@Kathrynann

Oh, I agree with you. Poor judgment can make you look pretty suspicious; however, he doesn't have people raising a $100,000 to foot his legal bills. He probably does have useful info on HG, but his actions just seem like mindless reaction. Your question proves that point, if this was all premeditated why go to where he did and set up camp?

I mean seriously he WAS preying on Hannah to begin with when he bought her a drink, so he needs to give his useful information to LE so she can be found, and her parents get their daughter back.

What's really scary is that if this case was not getting as much national attention that it is, JM could be in Mexico by now, gone from radar. From there onto S America or some Caribbean island. The only thing that might set off suspicions would be his extra large size, if that.

He could have very well managed to do it if the case was just a local one and ppl hadn't seen his pic on national tv.

It is very worrying that he managed to make it all the way to Galveston, now that I think about it.

I'll just offer this, nobody heads directly to Bolivar Peninsula unless they have a reason to be there...it is such an out of the way place you wouldn't even know how to get there unless someone fills you in.

I think that's the point. Out of the way.

It does seem like a really random place to end up. Still not understanding why/how he got there.

So obscure! From this point forward I will always pay attention to BOLO's and such, because I never would have guessed JM from VA would wind up arrested so close to me...

I remember seeing a comment from a friend that said something like that, but I didn't notice that the person was in Texas. When I Googled the directions from Charlottesville to Galveston, it was a straight shot down the highway. I think he just got in the car and drove South as fast as he could.
I guess he somehow managed to not get any tickets along the way.

so far all I see is tunnel vision by the va LE,regarding Mathew. He doesn't fit the profile,at all of a SO or muderder. Citizen in good standing, works in sx the OR fgs, used to drive taxi. I truly believe he is innocent...I see not one scintilla of evidence linking him to,this crime. In light of current affairs in MO, I believe he is AA, employed, in good community standing, and terrified which explains his actions. Most of all I am terrified of the witch hunt behavior here in regards to him for this crime. We Hv so,far not one thing linking. Him to her disappearance, let alone the out theory is sex trafficking. Doesn't fit the profile at all, as a matter of fact, so everyone please take a step back. They want to talk to him, they Hv no evidence to date that he defiled or kidnapped anyone. Sev search warrants are sealed for 180 Days and until then we must wait and not be so quick to hang this man. He has nothing that indicates he is the correct POI and he doesn't fit the profile. I suggest the FBI call in a profiler who is worth is weight in gold. Jmmo. Something isn't fitting here for me. Not at all.

Robert Christian HANSEN
A.K.A.: "The Alaska's Serial Killer"

Classification: Serial killer
Characteristics: Rape - Flew his victims into the Alaskan wilderness and hunted them down like wild game
Number of victims: 17 - 21
Date of murders: 1973 - 1983
Date of arrest: June 1983
Date of birth: February 15, 1939
Victims profile: Women (prostitutes, topless dancers, or topless barmaids)
Method of murder: Shooting (.223-caliber Ruger Mini-14 rifle)
Status: Sentenced to a term of life imprisonment plus 461 years on February 28, 1984. Died in prison on August 21, 2014

He married again, moved to Alaska and started his bakery business, and on the surface, had a happy marriage and successful business. Hansen and his wife were regular churchgoers, and were active members of the Lutheran church. Through this Hansen built up a great number of friends amongst the local prominent community.
http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hansen-robert.htm

John Wayne Gacy worked as a fast-food chain manager during the 1960s and became a self-made building contractor and Democratic precinct captain in the Chicago suburbs in the 1970s. Well-liked in his community and a clown performer at children's parties, Gacy also organized cultural gatherings. He was married and divorced twice and had biological children and stepchildren.
http://www.biography.com/people/john-wayne-gacy-10367544#background-and-early-life

The fading photographs in the family albums paint a picture of a childhood that was almost stereotypically suburban: full of Cub Scout outings, Little League, golf weekends and family fishing trips.

And Scott Peterson wasn't just the kind of kid who stayed out of trouble, say those who knew him back then. He was a standout achiever. By age 14, he was besting his father on the golf course. By the end of high school, he was one of the top junior golfers in San Diego.
"We'd tell him, 'You're a lucky man.' He never got in a scrape," Lee Peterson, Scott's father, said in a rare sit-down interview at the family home in Solana Beach, near San Diego. "He was like Mr. Perfect."

Before his vivacious wife, Laci, disappeared just before Christmas 2002, no one outside a small circle of family and friends knew who Scott Peterson was. And the man dear to their hearts stands in stark contrast to the screaming tabloid headlines that call him a monster.

"In my mind," David Thoennes, Scott Peterson's onetime golf coach, said flatly, "I cannot fathom Scott doing this."

"Scott was a good person. He came from a good family. That's why this is all a big shocker," said Brian Tasto, a San Diego dentist who played high school golf with Peterson. "He was more of a leader, a strong-minded person, confident in what he was doing."
http://www.inreview.com/archive/topic/17378.html

WICHITA, Kan. — He called himself a monster, but in 31 years of hunting the serial killer known as BTK, Wichita police made it clear they were searching for a man who appeared in every way ordinary. On Saturday, they announced they finally had caught him.

Dennis Rader, 59, a church-going family man, a Cub Scout leader, a dog-catcher for the trim suburb of Park City, is in custody on suspicion of torturing and killing seven women, one man and two children from 1974 to 1991 -- including two victims linked only this week to BTK.
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/feb/27/nation/na-btk27

Post after post at link from friends of Jason Young attesting to how well liked he was and how shocked and confused or in disbelief they were:
http://youngtragedy.blogspot.com/2007/02/jason.html

As far as where Hannah might be found, anything is a possibility. I was on the search team for Brianna Denison. I chose "rough terrain" as opposed to searching on school grounds and local parks, etc. because I thought it would be more likely to find her in a not so obvious place. So when not at work, I am hiking through mountains in the snow just on the outskirts of town. Meanwhile, at work I go into the lab and smell something really odd. I talk to the Director about it and he said he smelled it too, and blamed it on 15 guys working in one room. :) Come to find out, that lab had air vents that go outside. Her body was found in the field that lies right next to my building, just feet from where I went to work everyday. She was not buried, and only covered by a discarded Christmas tree. I wish I wasn't so far from Charlottesville right now. If you live anywhere near there, keep an eye out everywhere you go, even in places you would never assume. She really could be anywhere.

This is very interesting...

sounds like there may have been someone arrested for "harboring a fugitive"...

However... The person arrested is Black/Male/32 years old.... All descriptors of JM...

Could the arrest description read (without as many abbreviations):

Arrested on Charge of Fail to Identify AS Fugitive - (key word "AS" here)

Intent to Give False Information

Just a thought...

Still... very curious...:waitasec:

Load all on the page and you get this (sorry, code/table would not post...here is Text):

AR 1400003455
Fail To Identify Fugiti...
(view image) Matthew, Jesse Leroy (B /M/32) Arrest on chrg of Fail To Identify Fugitive Intent Give False Info, M (M), at 2300 Hwy 87, Gilchrist, TX, on 9/24/2014. Perez, R W

ETA: Load the page to see it. :)

http://p2c.co.galveston.tx.us/p2c/dailybulletin.aspx

(Printer-friendly version also available.)

You need to change the Bulletin date to 9/24 and then load All.

...... even if it hasn't it's been forever changed.

Yes, that too. I pray she's found alive, but if she is the Hannah that was is no longer. I'm so sorry about your friend.

I tend to forget to be grateful, and this whole thing has me thinking of ways I'm grateful. Even things that irritate me; at least I'm here to be irritated between all the good things.

Speaking of sympathy for Hannah, I was thinking about her earlier today when I was crocheting some hats to donate to an animal rescue thrift store. I enjoy my hobby and how it enables me help those in need and Hannah will never get to experience the things she enjoyed. It made me so grateful for my life to live and so sad her life, her future, was probably taken from her.

Bless you, teeandcee.

You can waltz across the border into Mexico with no ID whatsoever. I have done it many times. If you do not have a passport, the problem is getting back into the States. I would not advise it.

Thanks for this info. I personally don't think he was worried about not being able to come back to the States. JMO

Wow, what is all that stuff? Looks like a big round thing too in the back seat

The round thing looks like an exercise ball. ?! This could possibly be a treasure trove of forensics!

I wonder if BECAUSE they found (if they did) Hannah's DNA in his car, that is why there is perhaps this new charge today of misleading law enforcement. Perhaps it's related now to him having said he didn't have her in his car and now they know that was not true.:thinking:

We don't know if he told LE that Hannah wasn't in his car.

The misleading LE charge is in Texas, not really in relation to HG case, just his fugitive status.

I think when LE approached him today, he gave a fake name, and it's as simple as that. They checked the plates and BAM! JMO

Yes, MJPeony, that's the only thing I can think of that might have prompted that charge and moved things from POI to Suspect. If there is any evidence that Hannah WAS ever in his car, and if indeed he claimed to LE that she never was, then obviously he lied about that. (As I understand it, he DID tell his family that she never was in his car.) IF he lied about it, that is evidence of guilt, and it would seem like adequate reason to shift him into the "suspect" category and issue a warrant. It will be interesting to hear what the actual evidence was that made him a suspect, but meanwhile I think you're right that it was most likely this.

So obscure! From this point forward I will always pay attention to BOLO's and such, because I never would have guessed JM from VA would wind up arrested so close to me...

Really, it seems to me that JM wasn't so dense after all. Maybe I'm one of the few on here though that thinks this. But if I were to be in his shoes, I do believe that's exactly what I'd do: I'd try to find some obscure, out-of-the-way beach far away from the home state to disappear to. Makes sense to me honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nteetee