VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one negative thing, Imo, is LE maintaing silence after charging (if they do) is when the person is still missing, as with Heather Elvis. A gag order was issued in that case, so we have heard nothing in almost six months and her name is never in the news yet she has not been found. It doesn't seem right to go silent when the victim still needs to be found. I hope they don't do that in this case. Jmo

Yes!! Beyond frustrating with the gag order in Heather's case ... :( wish they'd find her! I hope a gag order is not issued in Hannah's case, although I do understand why it's done.

Someone please answer a question I have about DNA testing. Don't investigators have to take a swab from JM to run through CODIS? It can't just be DNA they believe to be his from his apartment and car, right?

jmo

Daily Mail is well known to be sensationalist, to publish before checking rumours, to publish lies about stars, BUT having said that, they do actually dig deep to get their sensationalist news and they do send people out there to do their homework and some news is definitely discovered first on Daily Mail!

They also have the best photos of the news of any paper i have ever seen. I don't know how they do it but they get more and better photos of crime scenes than local papers have...it could simply be they pay more and get exclusive rights.

I also think their reputation is out of date. I get most of my news their first and then go to my other North American papers and find confirmation of almost anything. My only problem with them is they are conservative leaning. And yeah i don't believe the celeb stories all the time

Someone please answer a question I have about DNA testing. Don't investigators have to take a swab from JM to run through CODIS? It can't just be DNA they believe to be his from his apartment and car, right?

jmo

I would agree with you, although I'm just guessing. Seems the only way it would hold up in court ...

It was on the Help Find Hannah Graham FB page. ETA- Forgot to include quote with reply, but I am responding to the post about the girl who rode in his taxi and he offered her a massage.

Oh I think there will be more tidbits like that one .

lol like maybe on in 2005 in fairfax and 2009 outside a metallica concert. I think they will get and official swab from him today. It will be interesting what we learn in the next 48 hours.

Elley Mae, I am thinking that the damage to his vehicle was likely done recently and may have been while disposing of HG's remains. This seems logical due to the temporary spare tire on JM's vehicle. These tires are only meant to be driven for a short distance.
Imo, HG's remains will likely be located in a remote area; state or federal forest or large rural wooded private tract....
Curious as too whether the missing part of the bumper was left by JM where the damage occurred..Likely a non-maintained jeep trail/logging road..

quite a ways back a friend of JM said that his car has been beat up for awhile.

The one negative thing, Imo, is LE maintaing silence after charging (if they do) is when the person is still missing, as with Heather Elvis. A gag order was issued in that case, so we have heard nothing in almost six months and her name is never in the news yet she has not been found. It doesn't seem right to go silent when the victim still needs to be found. I hope they don't do that in this case. Jmo

Even without a gag order, cases can go silent after an arrest. There is no gag order in the Justin Ross Harris case, and we only hear about the case every now and then. In that case, no one is talking and no info is being released. Cooper is not missing though.

I used the one about JM being cleared as an example. As I stated, it is one of many. Me and other posters have pointed out that the DM is often banned in other forums for their history of false reporting. I just used this ONE example because it actually related to this case, but there are plenty more.

That being said: everyone else is free to use whatever source they want. I have never said anyone else shouldn't. I have only said it was my personal preference not to use them and that perhaps others should be cautious. That is all.

DM has been successfully sued and has had to retract some of the ":facts' they reported. I remember Dianna Rigg, Elton John off hand that successful went after them. Just this year, they got into trouble and had to settle and apologize with the author of the "Harry Potter" series. So their reputation as a tabloid seems to be well deserved and they do not seem to screen and verify their facts as carefully as most MSM sources. THat said, I've seen mistakes in many, many news articles. We've noted some in this case.

This may have been posted already, can't keep up. Here is a better description of what JM says---
"Sir, I have a question for you," Matthew said to the judge. "Like, they took all of my clothes and ... I feel like I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

"You appear to me to be dressed in a jumpsuit," Judge Henry replied.

"Well once I get back, they are going to take my jumpsuit off," Matthew said

Me either, katiewonders.. All indicators point to a serial sexual predator/killer investigation, imo. Many times the things unseen and unspoken reveal more info than those that are, imo. It would be logical to conclude that the FBI BAU2 is involved in the Hannah Graham investigation due to other similar abductions/missing persons contained by the FBI VICAP database, imo. Yet, the FBI has been virtually silent and unseen with the exception of the comment at the presser last evening. Imo, there has been a federal task force investigating the many disappearances/murders in the Charlottesville, VA area over the past decade... JMO

anyone else find it "interesting" that Gil Harrington has been at multiple press conferences and meet with chief longo twice?

I wonder if LE can get ahold of the taxi JM was driving when JM was a taxi driver and see if there is any evidence in there that would link him to any other cases. I know it's a long shot, not sure how long evidence stays, and if the taxi company still has the vehicle he drove. It would be interesting to see what would be found if LE did.

I believe he was trying to chose his words carefully. And, he asked for clarification before signing docs. IMO I believe he knows what he's doing, and isn't slow at all.

I absolutely agree with you. And the jumpsuit issue was just him playing the victim, imo. Typical sociopathic behavior, imvho.

JM, who works with patients in a hospital, would certainly be familiar with the concept of getting your clothes off for a medical and then back into a hospital gown, or, in his case prison jumpsuit.
Maybe he is worried about them noting marks on his body..
Imo, JM is used to being coddled like a spoiled baby or petulant teenager, he thinks that he is adorable!

...sadly! IMO, I think in this case it would have been the victim that opted out of going forward with the charges that would have possibly led to a conviction...
This happened in our murder case, where there had been previous charges levied, but when it came time for trial the victim was too afraid to testify...so although there were previous charges, he was never actually convicted ....which in Canada meant that the incident was not put on his permanent record..and therefore would not come up on a criminal record check.
If the victim had been able to follow through, he would not have been working at the retirement home where he met our daughter...it's a very difficult cycle...one cannot blame a young girl for not wanting to go to court/being afraid of the perpetrator ; having to relive the experience etc.....
We were undeniably traumatized to learn of the murderer's past charges and conflicted over why his last trial was not completed...but one cannot change past events, nor could we blame the poor girl who was too terrified to testify... There is indeed anger and confusion why serious " charges" can't be included on criminal record checks, but there is the rationality of knowing that "charges" are just that...they haven't been proven in a court of law yet...
It appears that JM has shown a prior pattern for violence and disregard for the law....I am so glad that he has been caught...
This case is extremely upsetting....a supposed "gentle giant, nice guy" hiding an explosive monster beneath a cheerful demeanour...it's frightening and awful...
My heart goes out to the Graham's and all of Hannah's friends and all of us who care deeply for justice in this case

My heart goes out to you as well - as my best friend was kidnapped, raped, and murdered - when a similar case comes up, I find it stirs up so many emotions. I cannot imagine the exponential effect if I were a parent.

Prayers for all the broken-hearted:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

This may have been posted already, can't keep up. Here is a better description of what JM says---
"Sir, I have a question for you," Matthew said to the judge. "Like, they took all of my clothes and ... I feel like I should be able to have some kind of clothes."

"You appear to me to be dressed in a jumpsuit," Judge Henry replied.

"Well once I get back, they are going to take my jumpsuit off," Matthew said

They are stripping him down to nothing so he can't kill himself with some article of clothing.

Wonder why they had no evidence if she was taken to the hospital.

insufficient evidence does not necessarily mean no evidence (could mean the victim didn't want to/couldn't handle going through with a trial).

Could he have some type of injuries that he doesn't want seen?

Ive thought of this as well.

In Patricia Cornwells 2002 book Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper—Case Closed she postulates that her suspect, an artist named Walter Sickert, was born with a fistula on his penis, making him incapable of having intercourse. She further claims his rage and impotence causes him to go an the worlds most famous killing spree as none other than Jack the Ripper.

Chemical castration studies performed in the 70s on convicted child molesters who were up for release produced similar results. Researchers found that that child molesters were much more apt to kill their victims when they couldnt have sex with them and gave rise to the popular belief that crimes such as this were more about control than sexual release.

Could JLM have a similar affliction, one that makes it impossible for him to have sex or even to leave behind the type of DNA found with a rape kit? Its happened before and even though its a serious stretch there could be a reason why he doesnt want to be seen naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500