VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... but if you believe the Tempo letter, they say a doorman saw her outside

I'm inclined to believe that Hannah did not go inside. It is bound to come out from other eye witness testimony if she WAS in fact INSIDE Tempo. That would look REALLY bad if Tempo intentionally lied about Hannah being inside and actually released that statement to the public when it was untrue.

Is it possible that Tempo is making a false claim to avoid charges of serving a minor? This whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. I am just sure that I'd heard from multiple sources she'd had eyewitnesses to place her in the restaurant for about 15 minutes. I mean, it was so specific- the 15 minutes and all.

What if she was meeting someone at Tempo and she asked JM if he was going there and if he could go inside to see if so and so was inside. That would explain why she waited outside for 15 minutes. Tempos is at the end of the Mall, there isnt much else after it so it seems a likely scenario that she was going there to begin with. (if she wasnt lost) Remember his car was nearby so maybe he wasn't following her but rather going back to his car and was going to stop back into Tempos since he was there earlier.
But Tempo is a restaurant, not a bar. If she wanted to see if someone was inside she could have gone in...she could not, however, be served.

Could have been a coke he bought her?

I believe that he said, sure I can give you a ride...want a drink? Yes, but I am underage. Well, wait right here and I will go in and get you something. In he goes, buys whatever, brings it out to her. Then....

Was the drink he bought her even an alcoholic beverage, maybe it was a soda or water, something that could be carried out of the bar? I have yet to see a charge of supplying alcohol to a minor, maybe that is why. She was seen running on surveillance came by the gas station so maybe she just wanted a bottle of water, maybe she knew she overly intoxicated and thought to sober up. I am not sure of the laws in VA anymore but I didn't think people could carry liquor out of an establishment unless it was a liquor or convenience store. I know it a lot of states you cannot. If he did offer her just a non-alcoholic beverage it could have helped in her trusting him. This is all just MHO and speculation at this point. I hope they release just a tidbit of evidence soon.

I understand your frustration. Proof reading would have gone a long way.
However, mistakes happen all the time. Just a few weeks ago the Roanoke Times printed the score wrong with the Ohio State/VT game. ANYONE working on that story knew it was a huge deal that VT beat Ohio St but they got it wrong in the end. A sports gaff in no way relates to the personal attention needed when dealing with a missing person's last known whereabouts, but many people have been mis-stating Hannah's name for Heather. Tempos will hear about this mistake and feel horrible, IMO.

I appreciate your point of view but something this serious needs to be correct. I am sure that Tempo's has been bombarded with phone calls and will make an apology. At least they gave the police the video. Oh well, people do make mistakes.

Over my rant now.

I'm inclined to believe that Hannah did not go inside. It is bound to come out from other eye witness testimony if she WAS in fact INSIDE Tempo. That would look REALLY bad if Tempo intentionally lied about Hannah being inside and actually released that statement to the public when it was untrue.

Good point
That would be risky

Le Singe said:
He was Cville athlete of the year in 99. Wow.

He had big hopes and dreams, but apparently the attitude of some NFL players.

And that this happens at a Christian university and is covered up is no surprise either.

One of the big pushes is to have universities and colleges start publishing their actual crime statistics which have been hidden!

The above statements were never made by me.Im not a sports fans.

But Tempo is a restaurant, not a bar. If she wanted to see if someone was inside she could have gone in...she could not, however, be served.
Someone said that after the kitchen closes you have to be 21 or over to enter

At that hour, it is no longer a restaurant. They only serve alcohol and they had a doorman. That is how many restaurants are around here. After dinner hours, it turns to a strictly bar scene and they ID at the door.

Many restaurants, especially in college towns, do not allow anyone inside under the age of 21 after a certain time....mostly due to the abuse of college students and underage drinkers.

A lot of small, non-corporate restaurants stop selling food after midnight in Va and rely solely on bar sales...which have a greater profit margin.

Maybe
Hannah was looking for someone (all the running around)
JM says "I saw them earlier in Tempo"
she was refused entry
He went in to meet xxxx on HG's behalf??

jmo

the quote from LE is "we have them together after tempo"

no mention of video

Could have been a coke he bought her?

Maybe. We don't know. Maybe he said sit here, instead of suggesting that she go into the restaurant for the Coke/water. Maybe she was feeling sick? Didn't want to go in but was grateful he would bring her something. So many scenarios could have happened. Doubt we will ever know for sure

Many restaurant AND bars that are non corporate, especially in college towns, do not allow anyone inside under the age of 21....mostly due to college students abusing this.

I also remember, in the day, some would try to plan dinner close to the kitchen closing hours and so they could essentially be "grandfathered in" to the bar hours.

Also, if it's true and JM did hurt Hannah, he probably wanted her to wait outside so no one saw them together.

Was the drink he bought her even an alcoholic beverage, maybe it was a soda or water, something that could be carried out of the bar? I have yet to see a charge of supplying alcohol to a minor, maybe that is why. She was seen running on surveillance came by the gas station so maybe she just wanted a bottle of water, maybe she knew she overly intoxicated and thought to sober up. I am not sure of the laws in VA anymore but I didn't think people could carry liquor out of an establishment unless it was a liquor or convenience store. I know it a lot of states you cannot. If he did offer her just a non-alcoholic beverage it could have helped in her trusting him. This is all just MHO and speculation at this point. I hope they release just a tidbit of evidence soon.

IMO I think he used his employment with the hospital as a way to gain trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner