VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT- Well, I don't know when it first came out, but I'm depressingly old enough to remember it for sure :shame: I think it was for Alka-Seltzer.

Ooops, i think you're right!

I can't see too well but it looks like a fokker or a cityhopper type plane, often used for domestic flights by some airlines.

I find it somehow appropriate that JLM arrives in a Fokker.

IMO, they will not reach out to tell us if there is no match. The are focused on locating Hannah, and owe nothing to the public. However, if the media asks, they may simply respond "we have no evidence to suggest a connection," etc.

If there IS a match, I assume they will tell us, since there would be additional charges (public record) and it would hugely impact public perception of safety.

Same with the Hannah's case and the Harrington case though, right? People are wondering. So wouldn't they want to tell the public that JM's DNA does not match the DNA of Morgan's killer? Or is it different because there is a conviction in the Murphy case and none in the Harrington case?

I'm hoping that they will because that would have major implications and help to calm a public still upset by unsolved murders and missing persons cases.

I've been hoping so, too, but I'm wondering if they'll withhold it. Consider if it's a match with MH/Fairfax, for instance. They'll have a case in those, but not in HG's, at least until they find her. They'll want to use the MH/Fairfax link to elicit information out of JM, of course, but they won't want to do so in a way that discounts MH's life, so I expect they'd discuss with MH's family first (and the Fairfax gal, possibly). They'll also discuss with HG's family. They'll negotiate with JM's attorney. I may be wrong, but it seems like a lot of discussing and negotiating and strategizing would need to happen before they made that info public. Thoughts?

I know how you guys wanting the general threads kept feel. My first experience with sub-forums was when I was a newbie following the Mickey Shunick case. When they first went to sub-forums, I feared that I would never find my way around and would lose many of my new "friends" here. But after only a day or so, I was breezing through them, and still sharing ideas with all of the same folks I had been earlier. After using them now through several cases here, I will admit that I actually like them. Each sub-forum keeps a particular theme so that you dont encounter so many people "chasing rabbits" and getting threads derailed for hours at a time. Some of you may be old enough to remember the commercial on tv....can't remember what it was for, but the catch phrase was "Tryyyyy it....you'll like it!" JMO

I like the forum and sub-forums, I like the structure. I was beginnig to think I was a minority lol

Longo owes the public nothing. Neither the police or the DA ever releases the evidence they have to the public. As Longo said the evidence will come out in the trial, where it should.

IMO

A very good point. And we all have to consider that most of the "evidence" made public so far has been a plea for the public to come forth with information. They showed us the video footage and gave us her known whereabouts in attempt to jog people's memory to actually help them find Hannah.

They aren't releasing info to the public so that we can determine a suspect's guilt. That's up to the jury to decide.

“The issue was one of consent,” said Doucette, who did not handle the complaint, but reviewed the file after Matthew emerged as a suspect in the Graham case. “Basically, the woman was saying she hadn’t consented and Matthew was saying she had.”

Liberty University has confirmed Matthew was enrolled at the college between 2000 and 2002, playing on the football team for three seasons.

“It appears [Matthew] was cooperative with police and gave police a full-detailed statement,” Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Chuck Felmlee said. “Both parties appeared to give the same statement of what happened.”

Police did not find any forensic evidence or eyewitness accounts to support the alleged victim’s claims, he said.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sus...cle_48ebdba0-4501-11e4-a3ac-001a4bcf6878.html

bbm

Seems like an odd statement. They both gave the same account and charges weren't pursued. What am I missing here???
Maybe they told the same things about when and where and why, but the ending was different?

“The issue was one of consent,” said Doucette, who did not handle the complaint, but reviewed the file after Matthew emerged as a suspect in the Graham case. “Basically, the woman was saying she hadn’t consented and Matthew was saying she had.”

Liberty University has confirmed Matthew was enrolled at the college between 2000 and 2002, playing on the football team for three seasons.

“It appears [Matthew] was cooperative with police and gave police a full-detailed statement,” Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Chuck Felmlee said. “Both parties appeared to give the same statement of what happened.”

Police did not find any forensic evidence or eyewitness accounts to support the alleged victim’s claims, he said.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sus...cle_48ebdba0-4501-11e4-a3ac-001a4bcf6878.html

bbm

Seems like an odd statement. They both gave the same account and charges weren't pursued. What am I missing here???

Probably nothing. He became "contrite and remorseful (see assault charges in Charlottesville)" and convinced her not to pursue the charges, because he would lose his football career.

I'd love to know how she "got away" and if he was enraged or "simply" overstepping boundaries as the Charlottesville women describe. Perhaps this was his first rape, and he knew in the future he had to keep them quiet afterwards. Oy.

Or, God forbid, we've got multiple personality disorder. And she was lucky Jesse came back in time. As was the lawyer.

I noticed that JLM was wearing a thin gold chain that night. Can't remember where I saw it? Maybe in the Coy Barefoot report when he was pictured wearing the blue checked shirt? Does he have that chain? Is it intact? Was it found on the floor of his car? In pieces? Was Hannah's DNA on it? I would think LE has already picked up on that. Just a thought.

I live in Texas, less than 60 miles from where JM was arrested. I have been following this case from the beginning and my jaw literally dropped in shock when I heard on the presser that he had been arrested so close to me. Someone may have already posted this link, but this is one of our local news stories that states he is believed to have also been in Lumberton, Texas which is only about 15 miles from me. Like all of us, I cannot stop thinking about HG and wondering what the outcome will be.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/2663...s-about-how-she-helped-end-a-national-manhunt

:welcome6: and thanks for the link

I'm sure they would regardless. They would be eager to solve some cold cases.

for one I'm not sure they have his DNA back yet and 2 even if they were eager to solve a case it doesn't mean they wouldn't withhold info from the public if they thought it could interfere with their investigation. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer