VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please remind me what Camden Plaza is on the map? Was that the party with friends?

Was that after or before the photos of her walking down a hallway? I thought the hallway photos were her apartment complex.

Also why was she coming from the right hand of the screen in the McGrady's video? She left the same way. Shouldn't she have arrived on the left and left on the right?

Any word on a restaurant copy of JMs receipt from tempo? It would have a time stamp! I'd be shocked if police hadn't thought of that

her text at 1:20 puts her back there. (either in her mind or physically)

Something bad happened to her in that area, imo...

eta: in the CCTV of McGrady's, she keeps messing with her pant waist
(and 2 in a black car watch her and then slowly drive away.)

Re: messing with her pant waist..............I have the sense that when she stopped at the corner when she first reached McGrady's that she was doing something with her phone--sending or receiving texts; and that she was tucking the phone back into her pants (assuming that's where she was keeping it).

I also think that a lot of people are trouble imagining her being lost because they have a good sense of direction and haven't had that experience of feeling like you know where you're going, when actually you are going in entirely the wrong direction. .

Totally agree. When I was drunk/high/lost a hundred years ago I was moving fast and continuously, something very out of character for me (I'm a turtle). My mom has even less of a sense of direction than I do and moves purposely through the mall IN THE WRONG DIRECTION until I grab her and point her in the correct direction.

I have another question for someone more local than me, how close are Hessian Hills Apartments to I-64, Route 29 and Route 250?

This is the suspect residence and highway map

Ref: Google Earth

Just a thought. What if WG and Dreadlocks Guy were working together as pickpockets? What if WG followed closely behind Hannah to obstruct the view of the group following behind her while Dreadlocks guy put his arm around her waist in an attempt to pickpocket her? What if it was Hannah's choice to duck into Tempo as a result of this strange activity but Dreadlocks guy followed her in there? I realize this doesn't address what happened after Tempo, but just a thought I had when reading about her carrying stuff in her waistband rather than in a purse.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

Can someone please remind me what Camden Plaza is on the map? Was that the party with friends?

Was that after or before the photos of her walking down a hallway? I thought the hallway photos were her apartment complex.

I think that was the first party: Camden Plaza Apartments; 200 blk 14 Street. The hallway photo is from 9:33.

This is the suspect residence and highway map

Ref: Google Earth

Thanks for all your great work with the maps. I think you should definitely put in for a raise. :D

The description from WG of JG's encounter was that it was a 5'11, 250 pound male in black pants and a white shirt. A stretch from the all-white getup of JM, who is taller and heavier. Maybe they were working together? If so, I think I may know who it is, although I can't be positive of course.

BBM
Who is JG??

Just a thought. What if WG and Dreadlocks Guy were working together as pickpockets? What if WG followed closely behind Hannah to obstruct the view of the group following behind her while Dreadlocks guy put his arm around her waist in an attempt to pickpocket her? What if it was Hannah's choice to duck into Tempo as a result of this strange activity but Dreadlocks guy followed her in there? I realize this doesn't address what happened after Tempo, but just a thought I had when reading about her carrying stuff in her waistband rather than in a purse.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

If Hannah felt threatened, in any way, she could have asked the Tempo staff to call her a cab, or assist her with finding her way home. The timing of the text, where she states that she is a 14th and Wertland doesn't seem possible. In fact, if they were in the Tempo are for about 15 minutes, from 1:10-1:25, the timing would suggest that the text was sent at about the time that she would be at JM's car.

Police say they have not recovered Graham's cellphone but believe she had it with her when seen in surveillance videos. Police also say her cellphone never pinged downtown. It only pinged in the Wertland/14th/15th street area.

Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:23 AM EDT Updated: Sep 18, 2014 06:47 PM Saturday, September 20, 2014 8:34 PM EDT

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26567187...of-interest-description-in-hannah-graham-case

Wait a sec. Didn't the police suggest her text about being at (or near) 14th and Wertland was an autocorrect error? I took that to mean they didn't believe she was there at all.

Now I'm REALLY confused.

and you should realize that they could be innocent and spend the rest of their lives in jail for a crime they didn't commit, due to sloppy and unjust LE efforts.
Clearly! I remember during my following of the Baby Lisa and Bay Ayla case, where several attorneys recommended never speaking with LE until you really have to and then with an attorney present.

However, by now, JL has to know that if she was in his car, LE knows it. I suspect he has or will soon be cooperating with LE. If there is a press conference today, I'm not hopeful there will be any big news. Probably telling us where they searched and will search next.

and you should realize that they could be innocent and spend the rest of their lives in jail for a crime they didn't commit, due to sloppy and unjust LE efforts.
it's not paranoia, dear. it's pretty common knowledge that black people are targetes and scapegoated all the time for these crimes, especially if they live in poverty. maybe read up on more cases.
getting the wrong guy in jail helps no one.

But they should also realize that if they just spent time with a girl in a public place, who turns up missing later that night, they are painting a much larger bullseye on themselves if they don't come forward.

I was an ER RN for years. I have made mistakes in not asking the patient the tough questions and believing their stories. What came out in lab work or other studies sometimes blew me away as I had never thought the patient looked like they would be into something like that.

One of my daughters, when she was 17, took herself to a frat party, passing herself off as an undergrad. She was drugged and raped on Halloween. She did not tell me until months later, all the while I knew something was wrong, but NEVER suspected she would have gone to a frat party at 17.

This is one of the reasons why I am trying to take the emotion out of her missing, because I have had blinders on in the past and it prevented me from seeing the true picture. I want Hannah back for her parents and siblings and all who love her. The other option is just so painful to think about. JMV

We have been told in part about Hannah's texting that night, but has it ever been stated that people were texting HER BACK?
It almost sounds like a one way conversation was occurring, as I have seen nothing saying SHE was receiving texts. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74