VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only familiar with the court system in another state but I don't think the police department is the one that would be appointing a public defender are they? Isn't that something that happens after a person is formally charged and arraigned? I think he either hired an attorney before he went to the police department or maybe knows one that is helping him pro bono (or as a friend?), just based totally on what I know about how things work elsewhere. I quoted your post just because it was the most recent discussing the incident at the police station and, as always, this is just my opinion.

Chief Longo said he walked into the station- while there he asked for an Atty and one came... didn't mention whether it was Public defender though.

What was said about releasing JM's previous mugshots? A reporter asked something about it and Chief Longo said no.

LE showed pics of his car and asked for info, but the only photos we've seen of JM were taken from his facebook.

Is there some legal guideline as to what LE can release? Why would LE hold back releasing a recent photo of POI JM? TIA

I also believe that LE is concerned that Hannah isn't his first victim. He looks an awful lot like the sketch in the Morgan Harrington case (some posted him standing next to a cab back in 2007). If that's the case, I can see why Longo is so intense and passionate about getting to the bottom of this. Matthew's DNA will tell an interesting tale. I think the police are just waiting on those results from his car and apartment to make their next move.
. I wholeheartedly agree.

I think Chief Longo is superb. He looks tired and drained, but if it was my daughter missing I would appreciate that the who Charlottesville PD were working so hard to find her. The Chief is angry. He's angry that a lovely, bright young student has disappeared on his watch.

We know that JM is (at this point) the last verified person to see Hannah. We know that JM has chosen to not co-operate with LE. We know that there is evidence collected from JM's car that lead to JM's home being searched. The evidence must point to Hannah having been in the car or else the warrants wouldn't have been issued. We know that evidence has been taken from JM's house. They are giving the forensic labs until Tuesday and then they are chasing up the results. That was confirmed in the presser.

Longo is angry. But he is driven too. And he wants to get the person who disappeared Hannah. He doesn't want to get the wrong person. But all the evidence so far leads to JM. The trail leads to him. If it isn't him and their is a further trail then JM needs to tell LE what he knows.

The poor parents broke my heart. The dad is desperately trying to hold it together and the mam looked like she would collapse at any moment. The times she closed her eyes for long periods of time, the poor lady is not coping with this well and the sob as she left the room. So terrible. They need to know what has happened to their baby.

Maybe she is a nursing student? Her father just said she is interested in a career helping others

I was hoping he would say whether Hannah knew the POI. If he did I missed it...

I don't think he can get a public defender without being charged .

He cannot go to work.

Does a warrant for traffic violations get people a harboring of fugitive charge?

Don't think so but don't know.

I don't think LE would speak so strongly unless they know.

They have seen the evidence and may know intellectually but are waiting for science.

On the other hand, if he did it, wouldn't he run and hide? I mean before he went to the PD

I want to pull my daughter out of UVA. She will not want to leave, and she will hate me, but I don't want her in this city. Dad and I control the purse, it might be time we take the decision out of her hands.

I also think (hope!) they know where he is and have more info. Sadly I think your daughter is safer now than 2 weeks ago. It's a good school and a big deal to pull her out.

But u listened to him!
I like the guy! We need more like him.

Re: Paulson. His ranting did not make me listen to him. I questioned his judgment and worried that if our public officials couldn't get a grip on themselves, they most certainly couldn't get a grip on the economy.,

Thanks. I am firmly in the camp that believes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it is a duck, regardless of its color.

And in RAT's case, if he has a tattoo of a duck!!

okay.so confused...so the car sped away from a home not the police dept??

oy vey

I also believe that LE is concerned that Hannah isn't his first victim. He looks an awful lot like the sketch in the Morgan Harrington case (some posted him standing next to a cab back in 2007). If that's the case, I can see why Longo is so intense and passionate about getting to the bottom of this. Matthew's DNA will tell an interesting tale. I think the police are just waiting on those results from his car and apartment to make their next move.

If the FBI is involved and are making suggestions to Longo he's performed well hasn't he? Knowing about all the other victims in the area in the past years I'm sure the FBI Behavioral Unit is involved and they have a good idea who they are dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux