VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpgThis is what I was talking about last night- the passenger side glass of his car. In the other photos it is blurry specifically in that area.

It reminds me of a post that was very popular on Facebook and social media last year describing how to break a car window from the inside- you're not supposed to hit it in the middle you're supposed to hit/jam it on the middle bottom.

Whether LE have her on a definitviely identifiable video with JM or not leaving Tempo or thereafter, the fact of the matter is that they have it down to JM being the last person they can place her with before she went off trail. And JM went off trail too. If they could find video of him free and clear of her right after leaving Tempo, he wouldn't be in so much hot water.

Also, it is very possible he did take Hannah Graham somewhere. If he did, there truly would be no benefit to him to say anything. If she is not found, and not enough evidence is found in his car for it to be a likelihood she was in there, then he could be home free. Why would someone wretched enough to do someone harm decide to fess up about it all when there is a chance he could get a way with it and there is always doubt, not certainty as to whether he did anything to her or not?
This post got me thinking that LE may have been eyeing JLM jr for other crimes. I even wonder if in the days immediatly following HG's disappearance if CPD may have even notified other universities and LE in the Commonwealth to BOLO for him on the down low. And, maybe that is why W&L had a reported sighting of the suspect in the MH case. Maybe, CPD even gave them a description of JLM and his orange car.

If that happened then Lexington citizens might have witnessed the car in there jurisdiction or neighboring areas. Just very curious how that sighting came out just after the first videos were released.

View attachment 59627This is what I was talking about last night- the passenger side glass of his car. In the other photos it is blurry specifically in that area.

It reminds me of a post that was very popular on Facebook and social media last year describing how to break a car window from the inside- you're not supposed to hit it in the middle you're supposed to hit/jam it on the middle bottom.

Great insight.

I don't think I agree. Quite a few or her tweets were about drinking. In fact one of her tweets showed a friend with atleast 8 beers and she stated that her influence was rubbing off on him. And she had quite a few pictures of her being intoxicated. I think most college students are accustomed to drinking. We really just can't judge her by social media though.

Additionally, I don't see why hannah wouldn't walk that far. It doesn't seem like too much footwork for her considering she is on the college softball team, she must be in shape. At this point we really can't say why she was walking aloes :( :( :( but I must say in Richmond though drinking is social it is not at all uncommon to see single drunk college women walking around alone. :thinking:

But why Tempo? She walked right by Rapture which is a danceclub right across from Tuels and you can see people going in and out(she was dressed more for dancing), Tempo is more of an upscale restaurant with a bar. It also closes at 1am where Rapture is open til 2am.

Waiting on the results of forensics is going to drive me bonkers. I'm so impatient. :blushing::shame:

I’m so far behind on this thread I may never catch up and this may have already been answered. JM showed up at LE on Saturday, asked for an attorney and then left without making a statement. I get that he may have had his pi$$ed on when he left and was speeding, squealed tires and maybe fishtailed (I may have done the same thing). Here’s where I get a little confused. I doubt that the LE who was following him made their presence known (lights/ sirens) b/c if they had wouldn’t JM have also been charged with failure to stop for lights and sirens and eluding arrest? If he didn’t know he was being followed and was just driving crazy can we say he is actually on the run?
I’m sure he knows about the warrant now after the presser but we’ve determined that reckless driving is a misdemeanor so he likely will not be detained. Maybe he had his attorney (if he in fact has retained one) take care of it.
I do understand how bad this looks but is Longo jumping the gun again by telling the public that JM is on the run? JMO and probably not a popular one but I believe LE believes JM is guilty and they’re going to prove it one way or the other. I also think Longo is trying to sell that theory to the public and anyone else that will listen.
One other thing and this is strictly MOO, if something changes and JM turns out not to be guilty, Longo is going to have a hellava time backing down and admitting he’s wrong. I’ve been around LE all my life, my late hubby was a police officer, and they are generally a proud bunch. I’m not saying any one I know would invent evidence but I have met some who believe a certain person is guilty and try to make the evidence fit the crime.

I think it is bizarre..I never heard of anyone who is a POI walking into a police station and requesting the LE to point you to an attorney. Seems bizarre to me...I could understand if you were brought in for questioning and then asked for an attorney.
They may have started questioning him, then he asked for an attorney? That makes more sense, but I'm guessing...

I am really surprised how many people seem to feel that JM is guilty and yet also seem surprised or shocked that he won't sit down with LE. Since when are perps anxious to help convict themselves? And if he is guilty, does anyone really expect him to say anything truthful? LE needs to forget about getting anything from JM-that ship has sailed.

Also, if he has a lawyer and his lawyer spoke on his behalf saying that JM had a drink with Hannah and that they parted at the end of the mall, i.e and that he has nothing further to offer police, no one would believe that anyway. So that would be a waste of time and yet that is all a lawyer is going to allow him to say anyway, at most, Imo.

Basically, if he is guilty, he is not about to speak with LE. And if he is isn't, after yesterday's PC, where Longo almost stated he believed JM killed Hannah, he is not going to either, if he ever considered it. I feel like the lawyer he spoke to Sunday said he had better not speak. Longo made it clear, Imo, that he is after JM and said he "hopes" to get evidence against from forensics.

So LE has to forget about getting any help from JM, and just carry on as they do in any case where suspect is not cooperating. And continue to look at alternatives in case forensics provide nothing. JM is not going to help and not going to say where Hannah is.

This case could so easily turn into an "unsolved yet with a POI/suspect type case" if they cannot make a case for murder against JM.

All jmo

This is what I fear. I am praying that the direct, accusatory, emotional angle that LE is using is strategic, and doesn't backfire. Rather than treading lightly and not letting JM know that they're onto him.

View attachment 59627This is what I was talking about last night- the passenger side glass of his car. In the other photos it is blurry specifically in that area.

Isn't that a sticker - like a registration or inspection sticker -- that's been blurred out? Can any Virginians say whether you all still have those? We don't in my state, but we used to in a state I used to live in.

I am curious about this reckless driving charge. He came in with relatives to the station in a car, not his car, since LE has his car, do they not. When he leaves, he's driving someone else's car? I can' t imagine anyone who knows him well , that would accompany him to the police station, to be his moral support would trust him driving the car that is not his, given the condition he keeps his car and his running list of traffic and car probelms. Plus, they would have to know he is distressed and in trouble over all of this. YOu'd let someone like that and in this situation drive, and drive YOUR Car? Not going to look good for LE , if indeed they cannot prove he was the driver.

But yes, this is what LE does a lot. Try to lock up suspect for something serious on minor charges and get him in their sights, try to get him to talk, stick him in a cell with an informer. That's pretty standard. Also, they know that it could be a problem locating the person if needed later, as one can see from this--The lawyer probably told JM to make himself scarce.

I agree this is a pretty common tactic -- but why not just arrest him for buying alcohol for an underage person? Isn't that a serious enough offense to hold somebody on for a few days?

Are you talking about this area right here Heathery?

window.jpg

perfectlypink posted earlier:

If duct tape is really holding the passenger door closed as its been suggested in this thread, then theres no way his car should have passed Va's yearly safety inspection.

If a door doesnt stay closed without the help of duct tape and someone gets inside without a seat belt on they could easily fall out or be forcibly thrown from a vehicle at a high rate of speed.

Is it possible thats what happened to HG?

(SBM) The tape does not appear to be duct tape. It's on both doors and the trunk too. I assume from when the police sealed the vehicle before they took it from the apartment?

I’m so far behind on this thread I may never catch up and this may have already been answered. JM showed up at LE on Saturday, asked for an attorney and then left without making a statement. I get that he may have had his pi$$ed on when he left and was speeding, squealed tires and maybe fishtailed (I may have done the same thing). Here’s where I get a little confused. I doubt that the LE who was following him made their presence known (lights/ sirens) b/c if they had wouldn’t JM have also been charged with failure to stop for lights and sirens and eluding arrest? If he didn’t know he was being followed and was just driving crazy can we say he is actually on the run?
I’m sure he knows about the warrant now after the presser but we’ve determined that reckless driving is a misdemeanor so he likely will not be detained. Maybe he had his attorney (if he in fact has retained one) take care of it.
I do understand how bad this looks but is Longo jumping the gun again by telling the public that JM is on the run? JMO and probably not a popular one but I believe LE believes JM is guilty and they’re going to prove it one way or the other. I also think Longo is trying to sell that theory to the public and anyone else that will listen.
One other thing and this is strictly MOO, if something changes and JM turns out not to be guilty, Longo is going to have a hellava time backing down and admitting he’s wrong. I’ve been around LE all my life, my late hubby was a police officer, and they are generally a proud bunch. I’m not saying any one I know would invent evidence but I have met some who believe a certain person is guilty and try to make the evidence fit the crime.

he didn't speed off from the police station, it was later on

Of course it could just be a reflection or something in the background - it's hard to say because the other pics are blurry when enlarged though perhaps intentionally.

I was just thinking if it is what it looks like that would be reason for further warrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member