GUILTY VA - Heather Ciccone, 21, fatally shot, Spotsylvania County, 6 Dec 2015

This case, honestly, is frustrating to me. It would be a slam dunk if the person on FB who is rumored to have been a stalker was the perp. But if it wasn't that person? If they didn't have anything to do with it? Then what?

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20972321,00.html

This excerpt from this article about Heather and Katelin Akens sheds some new light I hadn't seen before on the "stalker". Pretty interesting...

"Pearce says that investigators have spoken to the girl in question. "That person has been interviewed at length and has been extremely cooperative," he says, adding that the young women's dispute stemmed from a fight over a boyfriend. "At this point, she is not a person of interest."

But there are plenty of clues. "Fortunately there's a lot of leads," says Pearce. "Unfortunately there's lots of ground to cover… Right now, we're keeping a lot of evidence close to our vest and we'll keep investigating [until we find out who did this]."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20972321,00.html

This excerpt from this article about Heather and Katelin Akens sheds some new light I hadn't seen before on the "stalker". Pretty interesting...

"Pearce says that investigators have spoken to the girl in question. "That person has been interviewed at length and has been extremely cooperative," he says, adding that the young women's dispute stemmed from a fight over a boyfriend. "At this point, she is not a person of interest."

But there are plenty of clues. "Fortunately there's a lot of leads," says Pearce. "Unfortunately there's lots of ground to cover… Right now, we're keeping a lot of evidence close to our vest and we'll keep investigating [until we find out who did this]."

Usually the person that hires the hitman are always cooperative at first, due to the distance between them and the murder.

But once the link starts to tighten up; They usually confess or ask for a lawyer. Jmo for now.

Heathers cell phone has just been recovered, per Parker Slaybaugh 8news. This is great!

Facebook.com/parkslaybaugh

Heathers cell phone has just been recovered, per Parker Slaybaugh 8news. This is great!

Facebook.com/parkslaybaugh

Fantastic! I hope they find some information that help locate and convict her killer!

I wonder where they found it?? :thinking: If it wasn't in the car, did the killer take it and dispose of it later?

I dont remember them saying it was missing. I assumed it was in her car .

As did I initially. I'm just going by the lasted news report saying police have recovered the cell phone. You're correct though.....maybe the recovered it the night she was found. ???

As did I initially. I'm just going by the lasted news report saying police have recovered the cell phone. You're correct though.....maybe the recovered it the night she was found. ???

It may have been ,I did hear rumors of a search in a neighborhood called the Timbers, I heard it could be related to this case. Everyone wants this cased solved so people are paying attention to what they see. So maybe the phone was found as a result of that search or information gained from that? LE not mentioning the phone before could have been to preserve the possibility of finding it . Supposedly the search was Monday night /Tuesday morning.

It is interesting to me the map shown on Nancy grace does included a tower near that location If anyone could post a screen shot of that it would be great. If her home is 30 minutes from the location her car was found ,then she did not live in the Timbers. This is unconfirmed rumors told to me by another local person so ,please dont repeat it as fact,also if there was a search ,it might have been dealing with another case altogether or a drug bust.

Usually the person that hires the hitman are always cooperative at first, due to the distance between them and the murder.

But once the link starts to tighten up; They usually confess or ask for a lawyer. Jmo for now.

Shades of Brenda Delgado?

Does anyone know what date she was killed?

It may have been ,I did hear rumors of a search in a neighborhood called the Timbers, I heard it could be related to this case. Everyone wants this cased solved so people are paying attention to what they see. So maybe the phone was found as a result of that search or information gained from that? LE not mentioning the phone before could have been to preserve the possibility of finding it . Supposedly the search was Monday night /Tuesday morning.

It is interesting to me the map shown on Nancy grace does included a tower near that location If anyone could post a screen shot of that it would be great. If her home is 30 minutes from the location her car was found ,then she did not live in the Timbers. This is unconfirmed rumors told to me by another local person so ,please dont repeat it as fact,also if there was a search ,it might have been dealing with another case altogether or a drug bust.

She didn't live in the Timbers. I know this because I know a neighbor of hers. I won't post where she lived out of privacy, security, and respect for the family. There is a tower in the vicinity.

No worries , thanks.That is probably most informative report yet.

Court records filed in Spotsylvania Circuit Court show that homes on Cleveland Court in the Timbers subdivision and Soulier Lane—a few doors down from Ciccone’s home—in Battlefield Green have been searched.
Lowery wrote that the names of people who have provided information in the “intentionally perpetrated, execution-style homicide” are in the affidavits and those people would be subject to danger if their names are made public.

It's been a long day of work for me. I was hoping I'd come home and find an arrest had been made in Heather's. Justice is coming Heather! :rose:

Well, I find the the case of missing Katelin Akens and this one to be too much of a coincidence not to be connected in some way. Both girls are in the same age range and Katelins stepfather is known to travel that road, so both girls were in the same area. Katelins stepfather drove the same road to take her (supposedly) to the Springfield area so she could go to Reagan to catch a flight home.

I have opinions as to what happened to Heather but cannot state it because no one has been named.

Heather seemed like a great all-round girl and certainly didn't deserve for this to happen to her. My thoughts are with her parents, siblings, and her friends.

MOO

Well, I find the the case of missing Katelin Akens and this one to be too much of a coincidence not to be connected in some way. Both girls are in the same age range and Katelins stepfather is known to travel that road, so both girls were in the same area. Katelins stepfather drove the same road to take her (supposedly) to the Springfield area so she could go to Reagan to catch a flight home.

I have opinions as to what happened to Heather but cannot state it because no one has been named.

Heather seemed like a great all-round girl and certainly didn't deserve for this to happen to her. My thoughts are with her parents, siblings, and her friends.

MOO

LaLaw, I would be very interested in hearing your opinion. As long as you state it as your opinion only, it is only that and not in violation of TOS. I found it extremely odd that these two very high profile cases surfaced within days of each other, (in a very small town), but for the life of me, I can't piece together a connection. If you have a theory I would be very interested in hearing it.

It will be interesting to find out who the guy is who was dating both Heather and the other female. Also to find out who this other female is...I keep wondering if the other female has a very young child with this guy and that this may have pushed her to "stalker" mode and ultimately to either committing the ultimate act or motivating someone else to do the dirty work for her.

It will be interesting to find out who the guy is who was dating both Heather and the other female. Also to find out who this other female is...I keep wondering if the other female has a very young child with this guy and that this may have pushed her to "stalker" mode and ultimately to either committing the ultimate act or motivating someone else to do the dirty work for her.

Is this on facebook?

Also Spotsy is not a small town, it is a large county with 5 high schools , 400+square miles and a population of 130,000.

Caroline borders it and has a population of about 30,000 and 500+ square miles. One high school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back