GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

There is no statement this child left willingly. There is a warrant for kidnapping.

ETA ... We are victim friendly at WS. IH is a VICTIM, she is 14 years old. Please stop blaming IH !!!

MOO....
I think it would be considered kidnapping regardless. She is under age, he doesn't have permission to be with her and isn't taking her home or telling the parent where they are. He could have snatched her from the bedroom in the middle of the night, or she could have snuck out and met him. We just really don't have enough information. He's breaking the law, that we know for sure.

I think it would be considered kidnapping regardless. She is under age, he doesn't have permission to be with her and isn't taking her home or telling the parent where they are. He could have snatched her from the bedroom in the middle of the night, or she could have snuck out and met him. We just really don't have enough information. He's breaking the law, that we know for sure.

Agreed!!! We do know he has her and that is against the law.

He's in real deep. There's no upside for him now. It's just all bad. Panic and desperation will start to set in and then it just gets worse from there.

I really hope Isabel begins to see some clarity in the situation and takes an opportunity to get away. I know she's young, but just look at Jayme Close, who chose to make a run for it when she could.

Fingers crossed.
I was thinking the same thing, exactly.
If she isn't hypnotized by this "daddy" figure, maybe she'll make a break for it. It sounds like she was close to her brother; hopefully she will start missing him and want to get back home.

I'm sure this guy knows his life as he knew it is over, but if he isn't completely demented, he might realize he needs to let the girl go and then he can go high tail it wherever he thinks he can hide out. He's got to know it's a matter of time before they find him. Even the best ol' country boy can't beat the hounds.

Please let her go.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don't think anyone here, regardless of what they think the situation may be, is victim-blaming (unless I missed a post or post(s) got deleted)

Most were wondering WHY there was no Amber Alert from the moment LE realized she was with Lynch.

She's a minor (a young minor at that, only in 8th or 9th grade) and is in the company of a 30 year old, who at least, is ridiculously irresponsible and doesn't have his head on right, and at worst, a child molester and dangerous person, said to possibly be armed and suicidal)

I think everyone is just trying to figure out what the situation is since so véry few details and information have been shared by LE.

One also has to wonder why, in a press conference where the point seemed to be NOT to repeat the car make/model plate etc but rather to have family members speak and ask her just to call so they know she's safe, to come home, etc. In what kidnapping cases do we see that normally? As if kidnapping victims have the choice of the ability to call the shots/contact home or go home if they choose? So why were they appealing to her vs the perp?

Regardless of the situation, everyone knows she's a minor....she can't legally agree to anything. And he's a perv any way you slice it because who goes "camping" or keeps company with someone else's minor child without the parents permission? Scumbags. Scumbags do.

If other young women have the guts to come forward, I suspect we'll see this isn't his first interaction with a very young underage girl. This type of behavior just doesn't pop up at age 34. There are others. And they probably all thought they were "special", just like he told them they were.

Pure amateur opinion and speculation only

He has lots of our of state friends. They seem to be related to pumpkin growing, a farmer thing, who can grow the biggest.
Jmo

He won biggest tomato at this year’s state fair.

FWIW the talk in town is definitely that she left willingly. Doesn’t lessen the severity of the issue.

It’s bow season here as we speak so lots of people are in the woods. That’s another reason why I doubt he’s close to home.

If other young women have the guts to come forward, I suspect we'll see this isn't his first interaction with a very young underage girl. This type of behavior just doesn't pop up at age 34. There are others. And they probably all thought they were "special", just like he told them they were.

Pure amateur opinion and speculation only
LBM
Agreed, there are most likely other victims.
Disgusting.

Agree totally. I'm just hoping that once the thrill of it all wears off (if that's what's going on), she will see the light and make a move to get away.

It's all I can hope for right now.
LBM
Yes, I think the fact that he may have groomed her into thinking this was going to be 'exciting' does not mean she is to blame ; but that at some point she may want to escape and may be frightened even as we speak.
She's just a kid still ! :(
imo.

FWIW the talk in town is definitely that she left willingly. Doesn’t lessen the severity of the issue.

It’s bow season here as we speak so lots of people are in the woods. That’s another reason why I doubt he’s close to home.
LBM
ITA.
Not at all.
Hoping she's found soon.
The longer it drags on-- the scarier it is for her safety.

Amber Alert for 14-year-old Virginia girl in extreme danger

Louisa County Sheriff's Office Maj. Donnie Lowe says they knew the case was more than it looked to be from the beginning.

"All of our agencies have been working nonstop, 24-seven." Lowe said.

The Richmond FBI and Virginia State Police have also joined the investigation.

Amber Alert for 14-year-old Virginia girl in extreme danger

Most were wondering WHY there was no Amber Alert from the moment LE realized she was with Lynch.

Why it took more than 4 days to issue an Amber Alert for a missing Virginia teenage girl

When I reached out to the Sheriff's Office, I learned that the Sheriff's Office was finally able to obtain an abduction warrant on Lynch, which allowed the green light for the Amber Alert.

The Sheriff's Office didn't explain why there was a holdup in obtaining this warrant.

MOO..,maybe the Sheriff knew BL or his family and thought he could solve this without kidnapping charges. Hey, it happens in small towns. We had a family murdered, the Sheriff didn't get DNA and the bodies had to be exhumed. These small town Sheriff's can be a joke. MOO

Sheriffs call the shots in VA, they are elected and have NO oversite.

This should of been an AA from day one.

Jmo

One also has to wonder why, in a press conference where the point seemed to be NOT to repeat the car make/model plate etc but rather to have family members speak and ask her just to call so they know she's safe, to come home, etc. In what kidnapping cases do we see that normally? As if kidnapping victims have the choice of the ability to call the shots/contact home or go home if they choose? So why were they appealing to her vs the perp?

Its up to LE to release the car information. Why LE didn't I think is going to be a problem. They notified the FBI but the FBI did not get involved til late Wed.

In the JCloss case, her Aunts begged her to come home, even offering her favorite drink. MOO...I think families always have a hope the child can get away or ran away.

Jmoo

The #FBI Missing Person poster for Isabel Hicks has been updated. Help us bring her home by sharing this. Isabel is 14, 4'11", 120 lbs w/ blonde hair & blue eyes. Lynch is 33, 5'10", w/ brown hair and eyes. Contact #FBIRichmond at 804-261-1044 with information. @LouisaCoSheriff

EH1cOlxWkAAz43w.jpeg
FBI Richmond on Twitter
FBI Richmond (@FBIRichmond) | Twitter
5:34 PM (EDT) · Oct 26, 2019

ISABEL SHAE HICKS | Federal Bureau of Investigation

[...]

It is possible that Bruce Lynch, Jr. is driving a light blue, almost silver looking, 2003 Toyota Matrix. The rear passenger door handle is missing on the vehicle. He may be using the following Virginia tags: VEM-9071, UXW-3614, and/or a yellow "Don't Tread on Me" tag 2499UT. Lynch, Jr. may be considered armed and potentially dangerous.

large.png large (1).png large.jpeg large (1).jpeg large (2).jpeg

If this is the mom’s ex and she’s familiar with him, there might be an unsafe situation with Mom and he’s just interfering with custody and getting her out of it.
Then why leave the other kids behind and just take the 14 year old female? Or, call LE? Sorry, not buying it.
Amateur opinion and speculation

What are the details of the abduction?
Did he break the bedroom window?
Was the bedroom window known to be unlocked?
Did he not give his key back when he was kicked out last month? Did mom have the locks changed? Is there an attached garage? Did he still have one of the garage door openers?
Do they keep doors unlocked usually?
How did he get in there?

Or did he not enter the home?

Do you have indication why he may be headed to Pennsylvania? Family, friends in that area???

This maybe why the FBI issued a national alert.

Jmo

What are the details of the abduction?
Did he break the bedroom window?
Was the bedroom window known to be unlocked?
Did he not give his key back when he was kicked out last month? Did mom have the locks changed? Is there an attached garage? Did he still have one of the garage door openers?
Do they keep doors unlocked usually?
How did he get in there?

Or did he not enter the home?

All unknown to us. I've not seen an address.

My husband worked with a guy years ago who murdered his stepkids shortly after his wife asked for a divorce. That kind of thing happens way too often. I hope this is not what's going on in this case. I just can't come up with any scenario where this man's intentions would be good. I hope this child is returned to her family soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back