VA - Jholie Moussa, 16, Fairfax County, 12 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

Fairfax Co. police defend response after killing of Fairfax Co. teen Jholie Moussa | WTOP
Fairfax County police offered a defense Friday against suggestions they did not move quickly enough or spread the word loudly enough after 16-year-old Jholie Moussa disappeared in January.
Police did not put out a public notice that she was missing when her family reported it the Saturday of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend. Police initially considered her a possible runaway, since she had said she was going to Norfolk for a party the night prior.

Jholie Moussa’s family pleased with recent progress in case

“I am just emotionally on a roller coaster,” said Jholie Moussa’s aunt Veronica Eyenga. “I’ve gone from being in shock to sad to angry. I just don’t know where to direct all of my energy at right now.”
Eyenga said she is happy to see that police are working to search for more evidence.
Divers examined a pond Friday afternoon near Ebrahim’s home. They may have been looking for Moussa’s cellphone.

‘If I can’t have you, no one can’: Family describes what they think led to killing of Jholie Moussa

The family of slain Fairfax County teen Jholie Moussa said Friday she had a restraining order against the ex-boyfriend charged in her killing and they consider the slaying to have been the result of an abusive relationship.
The family’s first comments on a potential motive for the January killing came before Fairfax County prosecutors outlined a pattern of violence they said the 18-year-old perpetrated against Jholie, 16.

Prosecutors, speaking during the man’s first appearance in juvenile court on the murder charge, said he had assaulted Jholie after “lying in wait” on one occasion and choked her to the point of unconsciousness on another in the past year. They called it “a pattern of escalating behavior.”

Ex-Boyfriend of Jholie Moussa Pleads Guilty to Teen's Murder

The ex-boyfriend of teen Jholie Moussa, who went missing for two weeks and then was found dead in a park, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder on June 12, according to the Fairfax County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office.

In court June 12, Nebiyu Ebrahim, 18, pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of his ex-girlfriend Moussa on Jan. 12, 2018, who was 16 when she died. He also admitted to hiding her body after beating and strangling her, reported WUSA9.

Speaking to Circuit Court Judge Randy Bellows, Casey Lingan, the Attorney for Fairfax County Deputy Commonwealth, said Ebrahim told detectives he murdered his ex-girlfriend out of anger as he placed blame on her for his problems.
[...]
Ebrahim is set to be sentenced on Sept. 4 and could face 20 years to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back