GUILTY VA - John Allen Muhammad, sniper murders in VA, MD, 2002 *Lee Boyd Malvo re-sentence granted 2022*

Yeah......I think most killers have mental issues....

A concept that has been abused and overused for those with non BS mental issues.

Yeah, someone else just said (tv in the other room) that if he had mental health issues, he just got a therapy session.

He wasn't mentally ill by the legal definition in most states including Texas. He knew what he did was against the law and therefore wrong.

It's actually a pretty decent standard in terms of mental illness--in trying to establish some sense of responsibility for the person who did the crime.

You could argue that all people who kill are mentally ill in one way or another.

That he's physically gone from this world is somewhat comforting: One less evil man on this planet.

This was a human. He has paid for his crimes,it is sad in his final days he never expressed sorrow for his crimes. I am not glad a man has died ,I am glad that justice was served. He killed people took innocent lives into his hands and bent to mind of a young teenager to suit his purpose. To write him off with a good riddance seems somehow disrespectful of his innocent family members who are in pain by something that was brought about by his evil actions not there own. So I would say to his family let the good memories of him linger in your mind, and keep your faith in god that his soul be enlightened and his earthly sins forgiven.

He wasn't mentally ill by the legal definition in most states including Texas.

Well, we don't mess with Texas! I understand that Texas is quicker with the DP than Virginia. Right or wrong? (maybe I should Google but that would take away from the fun.)

Good riddance! I wish all DP's were carried out this swiftly.

Well, we don't mess with Texas! I understand that Texas is quicker with the DP than Virginia. Right or wrong? (maybe I should Google but that would take away from the fun.)

Average Time on Death Row prior to Execution: 10.26 years ...
Virginia is 7.1

Virginia just doesnt send as many people there.

This was a human. He has paid for his crimes,it is sad in his final days he never expressed sorrow for his crimes. I am not glad a man has died ,I am glad that justice was served. He killed people took innocent lives into his hands and bent to mind of a young teenager to suit his purpose. To write him off with a good riddance seems somehow disrespectful of his innocent family members who are in pain by something that was brought about by his evil actions not there own. So I would say to his family let the good memories of him linger in your mind, and keep your faith in god that his soul be enlightened and his earthly sins forgiven.

Sure he was human and he paid for his crimes with his life. In his final days he did not pray for forgiveness (that we know of) and justice was served. He took lives, more than just the ones he killed. (Like Malvo.)

His family members did not kill people. JM did. Like you, I hope that his children have good memories of him and not remember him for the cold-hearted killer he was. The fact is, those sweet little kids had a killer for a dad. Just imagine their lives.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33827106/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Im glad to see the victims families got swift justice, 7 or 8 years is not long for an execution to be carried out considering. I also feel bad for Muhammads family and friends, he was a troubled man, nobody will ever know why he did what he did. I think Muhammad very well could have been mentally ill, every thing about him seems to make it seem that way, but Im glad a stay of execution was refused. I do feel bad someone else had to die, this is an unbelievably horrible situation.

Heres an article about the victims families.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33672506/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

As I'm the one who used the term 'good riddance,' I'll own up to it.

Believe me, if he'd shown any contrition I would NEVER have made that statement. Eventhough he killed so many people who had NOTHING to do with him, NO REASON to have been cold bloodedly murdered, I would have had some sense of humanity towards HIM.

His family had nothing to do with his crimes and they do have my condolence as well as the families of all of his vicitms,........... and the countless number of unnamed victims,............ people who were struck with terror while he cruised the highways looking for his NEXT victim(s).

I've known family members of convicted murderers and what they went through. I know the humiliation and notoriety and terror they were thrown into because of another persons misdeeds,.............but, somehow,...... people found it necessary to take it out on his innocent family.

See.............that's ANOTHER silent consequence of actions by these monsters,....... those that actually loved them and had faith in them and may have even thought 'there's no way' they could have done such horrendous acts,....................they pay for the guilty person's crime as well.

No,...............IF he'd shown some remorse I probably wouldn't have been so crass, but hey,..............he deserved it.

OTOH, his family is innocent and they sincerely have my sympathy

JMHO
fran

This was a human who killed other innocent, unsuspecting humans just going about their daily business. What is more frightening than that?

He never demonstrated any remorse or apologized for his crimes. I'm sorry, I just can't muster up any sympathy for a cold-blooded killer who had an entire region of the U.S. living in utter and complete fear for weeks.

I saw where his wife/ex wife said she thinks that she was next.

I am glad he can no longer infect those that surround him with his evil, kill anyone in prison, get out of prison on a no way how did that happen fiasco........and I hope that the families of those victims gain some form of closure and hurt less.

First let me say I respect you for being a more giving and compassionate human than I am capable of being. And I do sincerely mean that, as I think it is very difficult to not be hardened to our fellow man and his deeds, especially if you follow stories of the type monitored on this board.

That being said the most I can muster is that I agree it is sad for his family members, but I maintain that it is good riddance for society as a whole. I could not muster a compassionate feeling for his death if I tried, and I honestly have to convince myself that it isn't my place to say it is better for his children as well.

I can muster some compassion for the son that is jail for partaking in the same activities. Being led astray by your parent is a betrayal on every level. Of course I do not feel enough compassion to think the son should ever see the light of day in the free world.

This was a human who killed other innocent, unsuspecting humans just going about their daily business. What is more frightening than that?

He never demonstrated any remorse or apologized for his crimes. I'm sorry, I just can't muster up any sympathy for a cold-blooded killer who had an entire region of the U.S. living in utter and complete fear for weeks.

I never said anything about sympathy for him. I commented about sympathy for his family. I believe my post was written poorly or misunderstood. or both.
Never did I defend his actions or make excuses for him. I fully support the death penalty and was glad it was handed out in this case. I just felt bad for his family. And for his children who long after we forgot about this thread will remember this day. It isnt as easy as good riddance, or burn in he!! for any of the victims families. So even though my post my have looked as it said "sympathize with him,he was human that isnt at all what i was trying to say.
I just meant to somebody who is completely innocent in all of this is hurting and not for the monster who stalked my neighborhood and shot and killed an unsuspecting man 50 feet from where I work at a gas pump I have been to hundreds of times. They are hurting for the guy they loved.

I don't think soulmagent was talking about sympathy for the murderer but rather for his family and their loss.

I don't think soulmagent was talking about sympathy for the murderer but rather for his family and their loss.

I read it as both an expression of sympathy for his family and a comment on the "joy" or celebration of his death. And that it is not a joyous occassion but a necessary and warranted part of the justice system in our country.

My interpretation only of course, but definitely a post that made think about my own reactions for a moment. Not necessarily change them or question them, just think about them.

It is an emotional topic, as it should be considering it involves the death and loss of human life no matter what side of it you are looking at.

"Welcome to Hell" (by Trace Adkins)

Come on in son have a seat
Don't mind the screams,don't mind the heat
It's been like this round here for a long,long time
We haven't had the chance to meet
But I've heard about you on TV
And I think we're gonna get along just fine
I can't help but notice
You look somewhat surprised
Did ya think son after what you've done
The Lord would let you slide

Welcome to Hell your new home