VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
And can one imagine the flood of emotions this man had?
A mother who had belittled him when he was a little boy?
His sister testified to this on the stand.
IMO
That's not what happened when he was kicking the cabinets. His sister testified that his mom died on the 20th. His sister went to see him the morning of the 21st. Amber was at the Penthouse. They hadn't seen each other in a month. He went to the penthouse that evening, the 21st for the phone incident. He was not kicking those cabinets over his mother's death.

They said the cabinets happened February 8 or 10th. I can't recall the year. His mom died in May. She died May 20th, and he went to the penthouse May 21st, so the cabinet event could NOT have happened in between because he hadn't seen Amber for a month before he arrived at the penthouse that evening.
Gotcha missed them saying date sorry. I am day behind in court stuff still.

That's not what happened when he was kicking the cabinets. His sister testified that his mom died on the 20th. His sister went to see him the morning of the 21st. Amber was at the Penthouse. They hadn't seen each other in a month. He went to the penthouse that evening, the 21st for the phone incident. He was not kicking those cabinets over his mother's death.
Thanks. Late to the table on all of this.

I can wait too. But I really don't want too! lol ;)

It’s going to seem like forever! I’m going to miss seeing them everyday. You just never knew what endearing gesture you might see.

The car ride in everyday was so uplifting to kick off the day. Most mornings it was Bob Marley. I saw a girl ask Johnny where Jack Sparrow was, he said he’s still around and patted his heart. A sweet tender moment.

Then seeing how the team greeted Johnny every morning was a hopeful nod for humanity. All the secret convos being passed between each other, as well as the candy. Ben sneaking a piece of Johnnys candy as a prank was hilarious!

Tonight on E they aired one of AH rants in the trial segment. She is going to be enraged over that. They didn’t air any of Johnnys, but they mentioned drugs & booze.

Wherever he is I hope he is peaceful or at least having some peaceful moments!

ETA: Camille had her 15 minutes of fame. She was front and center on E!

"Johnny Depp sued for $50 million, and we sent a message back saying, 'Fine, then we're gonna sue for $100 million because look what you did to her.' We're not asking you to give $100 million," attorney Elaine Bredehoft told the jury, speaking about compensatory damages. "We're asking you to just look at the damages in this case and just be fair and reasonable in whatever you determine."

nd
Can’t seem to find a video clip of it but what Rottenborn is quoted as saying is “Ms Heard could have cut his finger off with an axe and it is irrelevant and nothing to do with whether or not Mr. Depp abused her, but we all know she didn’t”
he said this in his summation- early on- because if there is even one instance of JD abusing AH- verbally, mentally, physically or through destruction of property in a menacing way- she has her defense to defamation. people seem to think that the trial is a popularity contest- if the jury follows the law, AH cannot lose. CV keeps saying that if there is even one falsehood in AH's statements, all her testimony is false but that is not what the law says.

Watch Live: Attorneys for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard give ...

https://www.cbsnews.com › live-updates › johnny-depp...

10 hours ago — In Heard's closing, Rottenborn said the nitpicking over Heard's evidence of abuse ignores the fact there's overwhelming evidence on her behalf ...

"Keep in mind that abuse and domestic violence do not have to be only physical. Abuse can be verbal (spoken), emotional, or psychological. You do not have to be physically hit to be abused. Often, abuse takes many forms, and abusers use a combination of tactics to control and have power over the person being abused. Read more about Domestic ViolenceExternal link icon."Understanding Abuse & Harassment Laws - abuse_selfhelp

"Johnny Depp sued for $50 million, and we sent a message back saying, 'Fine, then we're gonna sue for $100 million because look what you did to her.' We're not asking you to give $100 million," attorney Elaine Bredehoft told the jury, speaking about compensatory damages. "We're asking you to just look at the damages in this case and just be fair and reasonable in whatever you determine."
Well I think Attorney Bredehoft is going to get her wish.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member