VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what people think....will defense put up AH after this witness knowing that putting her on the stand will force them to break her testimony for break next week. Or will they continue with other witnesses and put her on the stand when court resumes May 16th? I think dividing her testimony will not be good for either side. I find it unusual that the judge could not rearrange or skip the conference next week. Keeping a jury a full week over what will be required.

maybe it’s continuing legal education aka ‘CLE’ for her?

Or maybe she’s got a family member scheduled to give birth.

I also saw someone say she’s given a hard stop of Memorial Day for the entire shebang,

That is NOT an abuser.
Snipped for focused reply. Depp is a self admitted substance abuser. This means all bets are off. He might not even remember some of the things he did. I could see a petulant AH poking the bear and getting an undesirable response.
The marriage was seemingly ill fated. Depp paid AH off in the divorce proceedings, and that should have been the end of it.

Except...did I understand correctly that AH wanted to get back with JD but he refused to reconcile? (Wisely). From there, her now infamous article and this trial.

Sounds to me like it was wise for them to divorce, and wise for JD to resist a reconciliation. I think the article AH engineered was all about revenge for her perception of being jilted.

Of course this all just amateur opinion and speculation!
I wonder if JD keeps thinking of the old adage...."beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone."

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've been the underdog and voiced some of my very unpopular thoughts in several WS threads. Debate often comes with the territory, it's just this case is just particularly opinionated and watched by so many. I support you sticking to your proverbial guns and contributing your thoughts... even if I agree or disagree.

jmo
You are always so polite, even when sharing an opposing view.
Such a great WS'er! : )

i hope someone tweets the Depp team… isn’t this against judge’s rules at minimum?

IMO, the Depp team is well aware of the new PR crew, and the shenanigans. I watched during trial yesterday and today...JD's bodyguards were in the gallery and were keeping a 'good eye' on mr PR person. Surely now, they have seen the slipping of notes etc on video. Heck, yesterday I saw the dude texting on his phone on camera!

There's probably a legal clause in their somewhere, protecting this guy from the judge and keeping him in the courtroom in a front row seat or else I am not sure exactly what is going on.

Yesterday, I watched a clip/portion of the trial, where mr PR person actually GOT UP out of his seat....crossed over the aisle, and directed/ spoke with the court room pool camera man. That is some big shoes he's wearing.... he may think he is in charge! IMO

IMO, the Depp team is well aware of the new PR crew, and the shenanigans. I watched during trial yesterday and today...JD's bodyguards were in the gallery and were keeping a 'good eye' on mr PR person. Surely now, they have seen the slipping of notes etc on video. Heck, yesterday I saw the dude texting on his phone on camera!

There's probably a legal clause in their somewhere, protecting this guy from the judge and keeping him in the courtroom in a front row seat or else I am not sure exactly what is going on.

Yesterday, I watched a clip/portion of the trial, where mr PR person actually GOT UP out of his seat....crossed over the aisle, and directed/ spoke with the court room pool camera man. That is some big shoes he's wearing.... he may think he is in charge! IMO
That's bizarre. It's up to the Judge to maintain control and eradicate that type of conduct!

Curious what people think....will defense put up AH after this witness knowing that putting her on the stand will force them to break her testimony for break next week. Or will they continue with other witnesses and put her on the stand when court resumes May 16th? I think dividing her testimony will not be good for either side. I find it unusual that the judge could not rearrange or skip the conference next week. Keeping a jury a full week over what will be required.

I agree. The week-long delay in the Husel trial was crazy, too. Actually, that trial was nutters in many aspects. jmo

I believe it was referred to as a "conference" and given the circumstances with such a high profile trial with people traveling distances to be there etc. and the potential for things to happen with the jury not a great situation. The judge was VERY CLEAR on a hard stop by Memorial Weekend and I have to wonder as she knew this week break was on the schedule. I certainly get the impression there will be rebuttal.
Do we know if the jury are sequestered?
Are you asking if they WILL BE sequestered ?I don't think they are not now . For deliberations would be great if they would be.

Snipped for focused reply. Depp is a self admitted substance abuser. This means all bets are off. He might not even remember some of the things he did. I could see a petulant AH poking the bear and getting an undesirable response.
The marriage was seemingly ill fated. Depp paid AH off in the divorce proceedings, and that should have been the end of it.

Except...did I understand correctly that AH wanted to get back with JD but he refused to reconcile? (Wisely). From there, her now infamous article and this trial.

Sounds to me like it was wise for them to divorce, and wise for JD to resist a reconciliation. I think the article AH engineered was all about revenge for her perception of being jilted.

I wonder if JD keeps thinking of the old adage...."beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone."

the issues as I see it: he’s been a substance abuser since his teens, an inveterate self medicator, and he admits it.

Yet he has been adored by almost all of his exes in their own admission, and they have said that he is in fact wholly the opposite of this characterization of AH’s.

in fact, I was reminded of this article from the (WS-approved) Daily Mail:
Amber Heard hired private investigator to dig up dirt on Johnny Depp during their nasty legal battle | Daily Mail Online

Amber's lawyers contacted me and said you're the right man for this job, that's how they brought me in. She was emotionally spent and battered and tormented - it was a volatile relationship,' Barresi told DailyMail.com.

But he admitted: 'I went to the US, France, Italy, Britain, everywhere that Johnny Depp roamed, everywhere he walked, I couldn't find one instance, or at least an admitted one, where he was physically abusive to a woman, smacked or beaten around, he's like an angel. Not one who said a deprecating thing.

'I interviewed dozens of people, who knew him going as far back as three decades ago, and nobody had one bad thing to say about him. In fact, they couldn't say enough about his ever flowing outpouring of generosity and tender heart.'

I’ve been alive for almost as long as JD has and this has been my experience of stories about him for decades, including occasional real person stories tossed off by what seems to be real people on various entertainment,etc. boards.

if AH has the temperament that I believe she has, I find it absolutely congruent that she’s vain enough to think that someone would believe that she and only she is fascinating and gorgeous enough to drive the man with decades of some of the most beautiful women in the world throwing themselves at him into furious jealous rapacious frenzy; I reject it utterly as a thesis.

I also think this story shows that AH went desperate all of a sudden because, as JD says he realized too late, when AH said she knew tons about him she in fact knew next to nothing; because she sincerely seems to have believed that such a fishing experiment would bring her fruit just because she wished it, and she also seems to have believed (deludedly) that she would find it.

Last edited:
I believe it was referred to as a "conference" and given the circumstances with such a high profile trial with people traveling distances to be there etc. and the potential for things to happen with the jury not a great situation. The judge was VERY CLEAR on a hard stop by Memorial Weekend and I have to wonder as she knew this week break was on the schedule. I certainly get the impression there will be rebuttal.
Are you asking if they WILL BE sequestered ?I don't think they are not now . For deliberations would be great if they would be.
Sometimes in high profile cases the jury are sequestered from the get go.

Mind you I think that's usually because the cases are out of state. Also, it's probably different for a civil case.

Forgot to add/include: yes, she went crazy to reconcile with him… after she had already gone to the courthouse requesting a TRO against him and alleging domestic abuse.

a man named Christian Carino has talked a little about this during the trial.

Johnny has characterized this meeting himself at one point in his own words, and Amber has not denied it, as the time post-TRO when Amber begged him to meet with her again ‘so she could get a hug from him’.

ETA link for part of this background:

Amber Heard dated Elon Musk while trying to reconcile with Johnny Depp, agent says

Last edited:
I think my earlier post was lost in translation somewhat. I will try and clarify.

The OP.
Being penetrated by a bottle would certainly warrant contacting one's physician for an examination...

My response was a quote from the psychologist.

"As I stated earlier, most women try very diligently to put that sexual violence in a box, bury it down, not want to talk about it, not want to have anything related to it come up."

What I was trying to say is, if you take Amber out of the equation and just see that, in her expert opinion, this is usually a pattern with DV victims, this would explain why some don't go to their doctor, as the OP opined.

We can't dismiss a victim's claims just because they didn't go to the doctors. This is not an isolated incident in Amber's story though, so combined with all of her other accusations she's a lot harder to believe.

Hope that makes it clearer :).

I don't think I've followed a trial where a judge takes a week off. This gives the Heard team a week to prepare for the witnesses to testify.

I don't think I've followed a trial where a judge takes a week off. This gives the Heard team a week to prepare for the witnesses to testify.

Oh, they've already been prepping, lol - I just got through most of their psychiatric expert's testimony, stopping at their 4:55 mark, where the expert has just finished tolling off in order, every one of the JD texts we have already in evidence as things that "Amber Heard [purportedly] told her about": Stephen Deuters as to the "admitted kick" on the plane; Paul Bettany as to the "how wasted I, JD, was on the plane"; Patti Smith, and one other person; after which expert innocently (IMO, "and clearly") lied "oh, and those are the only ones that I RECALL right now..."

there was no "recall"! Clearly that lady was drilled; and clearly, IMO, we can expect no less fluidity from Amber vis-a-vis the extremely scanty info we have, considering that by now Amber has had years to con these half-dozen texts and dozen emails into memory; and they certainly aren't long enough texts as to pose a trained actress's memory.

I also disliked the sound of all the evaluatory questionnaires the "expert" mentioned AH as passing (completely neutrally with flying colors of course), as every one of them which we got to, she was vague on methodology. Paraphrase:

"I was able to figure out on X test, whether or not Ms. Heard was talking about trauma from her childhood or then-current trauma from Mr. Depp"... well, how?!?

Were these questions to which AH could, and did, precede the answers with "Johnny did/said" and "my father used to"? Because there's no trick there... that's doing so much "self-selecting" as to be useless for psychiatric evaluation, IMO.

The only test where I had any remote faith in the results of the veracity, was the one the Heard expert described as containing 340 questions; and even so, I would have rather had a suggestion of the type of questions there before I committed to my decision, which as of the time I turned the TV off, there were none.

Amber Heard threatened to serve Johnny Depp with a restraining order if he did not continue to let her live rent free in three of his LA penthouses to have "exclusive use and possession" of a black Range Rover as well as being able to live at three penthouses in West Hollywood with "Johnny to continue to pay mortgage and utility bills".

The letter also asked the actor for a $100,000 contribution towards reasonable attorney's fees and $25,000 forensic accounting costs to be paid by May 27 - three days after the letter was sent.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/amber-heard-threatened-johnny-depp-26826536

…the actress would throw things at her partner, including a lighter or a can of pop. He also said Johnny would sometimes have scratches to his face.

The guard went on to testify how he felt Johnny was "not happy" on his honeymoon, before adding how his injuries would seemingly become more frequent.

When the court was shown an image from the former couple's honeymoon on the Orient Express from Bangkok to Singapore - a snap which was allegedly taken by the security guard - it was noted Johnny appeared to have swelling under his eye.
upload_2022-5-4_17-1-24.jpeg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/amber-heard-threatened-johnny-depp-26826536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80