VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reader

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN REMINDER:

Websleuths Victim Friendly rule does not allow members to poke fun at an alleged victim, trash them, or blame them for what they claim has happened to them.

If you want to do any of the above, WS isn't the place to do it.

ETA: Hopefully this clarifies ...

Johnny Depp has claimed defamation. Amber Heard is counter suing and has claimed DV.

Members shouldn't be poking fun at or trashing either of them. If you wish to make a respectful point based on known fact, that's fine, but please leave snarky comments about appearances and attire out of this discussion.

I watched this pyschologist today and she was TOO practiced IMHO. However, she slipped up in a big way when she concluded that AH had not shown signs of this behavior in previous relationships - BUT SHE HAD!!! I sure hope that gets driven home on cross because that proves this woman's conclusions are poo.

IMHO

I believe one of the side bars was in regard to Dr. Hughes wanting to constantly refer to her notes during testimony and JD's team saying those notes were not submitted into evidence during discovery.

From what I understand, the Judge allowed Dr H to keep using them, but also ordered that the defense team get a copy of all of those notes. They now have time to review this new information and use it tomorrow on cross if they find anything juicy. That's why it was a big deal.

My impression here is that she didn't sound like an expert forensic witness. She barely talked about the tests she used to assess AH, how she came to a conclusion etc. and instead kept referring to AH's reportage as facts, like she'd witnessed them herself. It was very outside of the scope of her job. In fact, she referred more to JD (and what he has supposedly done) than detailed her impressions/experience of AH. She never met with JD, she never assessed JD - how can she give an opinion on him?

I'd like to know when she did her assessment. Was it AFTER the one done with Dr. Curry? I'd like to know which tests she carried out. Did they have validity scales to account for feigning/misrepresentation like the MMPI-2? How many questions were in those tests. Because 20 vs 567 makes a difference. Did she even carry out those tests herself?

JMO, but this witness was terrible for AH's case. She basically came across as trying to enter hearsay as fact. She came across as too emotionally invested and biased against male DV victims. She even minimised JD's physical injuries as 'minor'. Many of the dynamics she described for victim and abuser lined up with JD being the victim and AH being the abuser, it was so weird to see her argue the opposite. She also opened the door for past DV incidents in AH's past where she was the aggressor. I think JD are going to have a field day with her on cross tomorrow - which is why they didn't raise that many objections yet to her very biased "Amber told me this" kind of testimony. It also allows them to shred the specific allegations while not being seen to be attacking AH on the stand. Huge advantage and an unforced error on AH's team's side, I think.

I think Dr H. gave some facts about IPV in general which are true in most cases, and what AH reported to her sounds consistent with those typical facts, but the actual evidence itself so far does not support what she's claiming - if that makes sense?

Abuse is not about who name-called who, imo. Abuse is about power dynamics. It is about someone being the aggressor/instigator, the one trying to dominate or control a victim - be that verbally, emotionally, financially, physically etc. Control is a major factor. Who was isolating the other from support mechanisms? Who was preventing de-escalation? And so on. This is important to remember when it comes to assessing such situations. All just my opinion, though, and feel free to disagree. ;)

I watched this pyschologist today and she was TOO practiced IMHO. However, she slipped up in a big way when she concluded that AH had not shown signs of this behavior in previous relationships - BUT SHE HAD!!! I sure hope that gets driven home on cross because that proves this woman's conclusions are poo.

IMHO

Yep! I think that this exact claim is what opened the door for JD's team to introduce evidence of past abuse in former relationships.

perhaps a broken one… and having their feet and arms reportedly, repeatedly being ground into more broken glass while this is going on; and while you repeatedly scream for your supposed loving abuser to stop.

This is so far outside the realm of anything believable to the situation, I seriously think this is one of those moments that ruins her whole case, in the civil standard (I.e., ‘if you disbelieve any one portion of a person’s testimony you are free to disbelieve all of it’.)

she’s writing a movie script in her head. Maybe inspired by something like the Accused.
Oh my, I knew the 'rape doc' as he was called. That poor young woman!

Snipped

My impression here is that she didn't sound like an expert forensic witness. She barely talked about the tests she used to assess AH, how she came to a conclusion etc. and instead kept referring to AH's reportage as facts, like she'd witnessed them herself. It was very outside of the scope of her job. In fact, she referred more to JD (and what he has supposedly done) than detailed her impressions/experience of AH. She never met with JD, she never assessed JD - how can she give an opinion on him?

I'd like to know when she did her assessment. Was it AFTER the one done with Dr. Curry? I'd like to know which tests she carried out. Did they have validity scales to account for feigning/misrepresentation like the MMPI-2? How many questions were in those tests. Because 20 vs 567 makes a difference. Did she even carry out those tests herself?

;)

She stated she AH was not a patient but she had 20+ hours with her in person in 2019 and then she said additional time via zoom in 2021 and also interviewed AH's mother prior to her mother passing.

… how about just leaving?

not begging the guy to ‘get back with her’, but just, IDK… leaving?

this is not the poor lady heroine of that 80s classic with Farrah Fawcett, “The Burning Bed’ (a true story IIRC).

she can just, you know, leave.

Half the time he’s taken care of the leaving for her, and she couldn’t, wouldn’t put up with that, either.

even after he supposedly brutally raped her; and not because she’s financially dependent upon him for her household, or because nobody would believe her -
According to her, all her friends and family in fact believed her; even though some of them were simultaneously sending him loving texts.
RBBM-

A SUPER typical showing of the abandonment issues a BPD suffers. She's truly sounding like one of the more severe cases I have read or heard of, and I have encountered many in my counseling work.
Side note on those sessions with Borderline Personalities: any confrontation with their issues would often cause them to fire me on the spot: "you are the worst therapist in the world and you are fired and I will sue you!!" and storming out of the office, -- but then 99 % of the time, returning shortly there after or calling and begging to be allowed back.

Yup. Standard procedure with those clients.

I do not believe a word AH says anymore after the multiple lies she has been caught in :rolleyes:...
JMO
I agree. Also domestic abusers usually try to isolate the victim for obvious reasons. Johnny had all of AH's friends living rent free in his penthouses which were all in the same vicinity.
AH had complained to JD that she didn't like being the attractive blonde with exposed breasts. JD offered her advice. So it can be argued that he did try to help her by talking to the directors/etc on her behalf if that's in fact true (talking to people on her sets, etc).
I was in an abusive situation when young and I was absolutely terrified of my abuser. I would never verbally 'poke' or try to aggravate him in any way. I knew what would happen.
JD was inebriated and very angry in the filmed kitchen scene and never once did he assault AH. He slammed cabinet doors, threw things (not in AH's direction) and growled. That is NOT an abuser.
JD was the one isolated from his children and from going anywhere. AH pleaded and pleaded for him not to leave her in yet another audio clip when he was planning to go out for 2 hours.
Sorry for the rant.

I noticed the new PR guy sitting next to Chanely Painter from CourtTV and chatting her up. Curious to see if he bought them off.

If it was Chanley, I would guess he’s this ‘source’.

if I were Johnny I’d think long and hard about bringing my own PR person in.

Attachments

• 82D8FB84-8734-4591-A85F-E503FD334A98.jpeg
    82D8FB84-8734-4591-A85F-E503FD334A98.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 39
If it was Chanley, I would guess he’s this ‘source’.

if I were Johnny I’d think long and hard about bringing my own PR person in.

LOL! It's not like some here weren't expecting that! (Me)

Johnny bad.....Amber good

Soon, we will have the rest of the 'cabal' MSM regulars jumping on board. Quick! Push the headlines!!
Once you see the puppet strings....

LOL! It's not like some here weren't expecting that! (Me)

Johnny bad.....Amber good

Soon, we will have the rest of the 'cabal' MSM regulars jumping on board. Quick! Push the headlines!!
Once you see the puppet strings....

i hope someone tweets the Depp team… isn’t this against judge’s rules at minimum?

Curious what people think....will defense put up AH after this witness knowing that putting her on the stand will force them to break her testimony for break next week. Or will they continue with other witnesses and put her on the stand when court resumes May 16th? I think dividing her testimony will not be good for either side. I find it unusual that the judge could not rearrange or skip the conference next week. Keeping a jury a full week over what will be required.

Boy I made a big mistake using the term "groupies" it was a really a reference to other live stream chats where it is clear they are not trial watchers at all..they are groupies. This is one tough crowd...will just read and watch.

I've been the underdog and voiced some of my very unpopular thoughts in several WS threads. Debate often comes with the territory, it's just this case is just particularly opinionated and watched by so many. I support you sticking to your proverbial guns and contributing your thoughts... even if I agree or disagree.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member