VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... she writes her accusatory op-ed, JD sues her for defamation (claiming she's lied about him), the public becomes aware, she gets flack, countersues, and here we are now.

This whole mess started with HER op-ed. Her accusations in that piece, started the ball rolling. Some folks act like that never happened. It's quite strange.
An excellent reminder of why we are now here! Thank you! :)

ETA … another example of how it’s always everyone else’s fault, not hers

Oh yes I've heard about the lack of chemistry. It was this quote I was referring to

"Jason Mamoa was adamant AH be in Aquaman2?"

"Funny... that's not what we're all seeing in the msm articles, is it?"

As far as I'm aware Mamoa hasn't commented publicly in regard to Amber and Aquaman 2.

Just wondered if I'd missed it.
The witness on the stand is the one who said JM was adamant that AH be in the movie.
That was the first I'd ever heard of it, and the media articles all seem to imply the opposite.

Sky News

'Jason Momoa got $15m for Aquaman 2... Heard got $2m'

We are told by Entertainment industry expert Katheryn Arnold that the actor Jason Momoa, who stars in Aquaman, negotiated his salary up from $3 to $4m for the first film, to $15m for the second movie. In comparison she says Amber Heard's salary was negotiated from $1m to $2m. She says Heard had "no leverage" to use to increase her pay as she was "fighting to keep the role".

Ms Arnold says Heard's role in the film was greatly diminished from the initial script Heard was sent, to the final script which was used for filming. She says one of the largest changes was a big action sequence at the end of the movie featuring Heard's character being cut out. She says Heard had trained for the cut action role for around five hours per day.

She also says Heard has done very little press for Aquaman 2, and was told not to come along to a film festival at which all the other stars of the film were guests.

Ms Arnold says the actress now gets "no press requests" whereas she used to get lots.

The witness on the stand is the one who said JM was adamant that AH be in the movie.
That was the first I'd ever heard of it, and the media articles all seem to imply the opposite.
Are all the emails she’s talking about entered into evidence?? Trying to figure out where her knowledge comes from…

she compared AH to :
Gal Gidot/'Wonder Woman'
Jason Momoa/Aquaman star
Ana de Armas/

All of the above are much more accomplished, respected actors than AH ever was
Agreed. I couldn't help but laugh. So completely different. I think the jury will know you can't compare AH to Ana de Armas, Gal Gadot etc... MOO

Edit - spelling

I get the feeling people are running with the headline "lack of chemistry" to mean Mamoa has said this.

Thing is, I think this is just an excuse anyway that the execs. have used in order not to use her in Aquaman 2.

There is NO way, on any planet, AH is comparable to any of those actors she mentioned.
If she was, her fan base would be as large as theirs.
Look at the IMDB of Gal Gidot and compare it to AH's IMDB:

GG did the Fast and Furious films early in her career. She did a group of Wonder Woman films and was in Batman.

How does that compare with AH's career?

More questions for cross: So you say the downward spiral of her career is strictly due to the Depp-Waldman statements? Are you saying AH has no responsibility in the downward spiral of her career? Do you think she can rehabilitate her career after all of her lying? Do you think she can rehabilitate her career now that we know she beat, threw bottles at, belittled Johnny?

This is all extremely relevant to her counterclaim. I mean, there’s no question she’s getting a ton of negative press. And that would impact her job prospects. The issue is can they tie it to what Waldman said and did. If the jury believes she’s a liar etc then this is all moot.
"If the jury believes she’s a liar etc then this is all moot."

That^^ is the key thing here, IMO. If the jury believes she is a liar, then they will accept that it is normal that the studios passed on casting her in big roles. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members