VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great line of questioning by Denison. I wish he would be smooth in his delivery when he’s asking questions - it feels like he’s holding his breath in between words.
He has what I call a “hesitant” speech style, pausing frequently which is similar to the effect stuttering has on our ears. I acknowledge it makes for more uncomfortable listening, however I believe the content of his cross is worth hearing. IMHO …

Sky News

'Heard's loss of earnings since negative campaign could be as high as $50m'

Entertainment industry expert Katheryn Arnold, who is being questioned by Amber Heard's team, is telling the court about "comparable actors" to Heard, who she says she can use to measure Heard's career and its trajectory.

She says she chose actors who had played superhero characters in their break out roles, were good looking, were a similar age, could do stunts and had good acting skills. She says she considered these five actors:

Jason Momoa
Gal Gadot
Ana de Armas
Zendaya
Chris Pine

Ms Arnold says all of them were on an "upward trajectory" and "it would be very reasonable to think [Heard's] career would have been on [a similar] upward trajectory, with a year of so".

She lists all of the above actors and says they have all worked with numerous big brands since their initial success. However, she says Heard hasn't even managed to keep working for her one big brand - cosmetic company L'Oréal (who have paused her appearance in their campaigns).

Discussing losses, Ms Arnold says she thinks Heard made around a $2m loss from Aquaman, due to not being to negotiate a higher free for the second film.

As to TV, she says "there's an exponential range where she could have done", and uses Momoa again as an example of an actor who has achieved massive TV success since his break out role.

For loss of endorsement contracts, she says she thinks Heard's looking at losses of "as much as $8m over time".

With production and film activities, Ms Arnold says she thinks "over the course of five years it's reasonable to think [Heard] would have been in one film per year for a minimum of $4m per film [her negotiated fee should she appear in an Aquaman 3 film], and so she would have lost at least $20m in earnings."

Ms Arnold concludes that Heard's combined loss of earnings across film, TV and endorsement is between $45 and $50m since the negative statements from Depp and his attorney Adam Waldman were first made, following Heard's split from Depp.

Momoa has been around in TV for years, I loved him in stargate atlantis!, and obviously GOT made him hot property.

Zendaya was a Disney kid so she had a good fan base, it's interesting to note that her early co star from shake it up (I think that's what it was called) Bella Thorne, went a bit wild and doesn't seem to have had the same success as Zendaya,possibly due to her behaviour MOO.

I don't really know much about the other 3 in the list, I've not heard of Ana de Armas.

Anyway,my point is that the people on this list have put the hours in and built up a varied body of work and IMO AH has not done anything noteworthy to date,apart from Marry Johnny Depp.
The only film I could have told you she was in before this trial would be Aquaman and she didn't set the screen alive in that!

Last edited:
She used Chris Pine as an example but she didn't know he was 'Captain Kirk' in his last film?

Then she acts like it's no big deal that she didnt really know that much about these actors she is using to compare to AH for her perceived trajectories...

This witness is annoying with her casual, flippant comments. "Oh you're a movie buff!"
Lady, this isn't lunch time chit chat, it's a court of law. For cryin' outloud. Ugh.
I don't like this witness at all, but she seems to be taking JD's lawyer along on Mr. Magoo's crazy ride. I hope the jury dismisses her testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member