VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH was an MD medical expert and for a few years traveled all over the US (defense and prosecution). He wouldn't agree to a case unless he felt very comfortable in his knowledge, decisions and rationales. He felt that some of the medical experts were fairly new in testifying in this trial. More seasoned witnesses know to avoid hearsay, etc. They learn enough law to make their statements concise, within the scope of their skills and having plenty of experience behind them. Just his observation.

Last edited:
I seriously feel no closer to giving a crap about either of these two than I was before they got on my radar. This trial to me has been 50% farce. I feel like the judge agrees with me on this. :)

It is so tedious and the lawyers’ skills leave much to be desired. I know folks loved Camille’s cross of Amber! I didn’t. <modsnip>. I couldn’t help compare to the many excellent crosses I’ve seen in criminal trials - and hers didn’t come close.

I expect the trial to continue in the same vein with disappointing closings in both sides. Only the jury verdict can save us at this point!

There's a reason we have civil trials in this country. Could there have been better legal work? Maybe. Could we have seen better witnesses? Maybe. But, maybe there are inner workings within this trial (which we don't see) that affect both. I think most people realize the importance of clearing one's name of false criminal allegations. And, in that regard... this trial is already a success.

jmo

There's a reason we have civil trials in this country. Could there have been better legal work? Maybe. Could we have seen better witnesses? Maybe. But, maybe there are inner workings within this trial (which we don't see) that affect both. I think most people realize the importance of clearing one's name of false criminal allegations. And, in that regard... this trial is already a success.

jmo
Hm I don’t know. I believe the Hollywood expert that the lawsuits have had a negative impact overall in the business. It’s drudged up all these texts and audios. All the ugly personal business/behavior. It’s one thing to suspect that these folks live a hedonistic lifestyle and quite another to have it confirmed in such a clinical fashion. I thinks she’s highly credible on that front as an industry insider.

I have learned way more about JD than I ever wanted to and whereas before I had a positive image of him, now it’s entirely negative. And I was not up to date about all the pre-trial publicity going into this trial. I came into it totally uninformed - didn’t listen to any of the audios etc.

Obv for the people that have always supported him (his fans) this trial won’t change anything. They’ll continue to support him. As for the rest of us who are indifferent, it’s not going to have any impact. I haven’t watched any of his movies in a long time and it will stay that way regardless of the outcome of this trial. So the net effect of this trial will be zero if not negative.

But I could be way wrong. Maybe Hollywood execs will green light Pirates 6 if he wins and it will be a mega success but I seriously doubt it. We’ll see.

JMO

Last edited:
Hm I don’t know. I believe the Hollywood expert that the lawsuits have had a negative impact overall in the business. It’s drudged up all these texts and audios. All the ugly personal business/behavior. It’s one thing to suspect that these folks live a hedonistic lifestyle and quite another to have it confirmed in such a clinical fashion. I thinks she’s highly credible on that front as an industry insider.

I have learned way more about JD than I ever wanted to and whereas before I had a positive image of him, now it’s entirely negative. And I was not up to date about all the pre-trial publicity going into this trial. I came into it totally uninformed - didn’t listen to any of the audios etc.

Obv for the people that have always supported him (his fans) this trial won’t change anything. They’ll continue to support him. As for the rest of us who are indifferent, it’s not going to have any impact. I haven’t watched any of his movies in a long time and it will stay that way regardless of the outcome of this trial. So the net effect of this trial will be zero if not negative.

JMO
I believe getting your reputation as a domestic abuser cleared -- that this, as a human being, for your own self esteem and soul, for your family and kids, your friends and relatives, will be a positive effect of this trial that is so huge it will be immeasurable. IMHO, you cannot even put a dollar amount on that.

I believe getting your reputation as a domestic abuser cleared -- that this, as a human being, for your own self esteem and soul, for your family and kids, your friends and relatives, will be a positive effect of this trial that is so huge it will be immeasurable. IMHO, you cannot even put a dollar amount on that.
Absolutely correct. I have heard, too, that fans who were turned off by JD due to the abuse claims -- fans who'd been his for decades -- are now returning to him. I think it's worth it for JD to clear his name with the millions of one-time fans who are now returning. That's not a zero or negative at all if you ask me.

And further, I don't believe many fans who actually believed he did it would still support him, so it's positive all around in this respect, given that we've seen how allegations can disseminate a career of a public figure once beloved but then accused of these things. If I listened to AH and found her credible, it would make me VERY sad to have to let JD go, but I would have to if I believed he actually did this stuff to her.

Chanley Painter said that during Dennison’s cross of Dr Spiegel, this was the most engaged she saw the jury. She didn’t get a feeling they particularly liked this witness.

Agreed. And not just DV but SA. This ''expert'' couldn't backup her statements during cross. MOO

I have a hard time believing this to be the motivation for this lawsuit or any other. I think if this was his genuine motivation he’d have tried to clear his name immediately after the TRO debacle. Instead he went into damage control. I think his motivation is to get his career back on track. To go back to being beloved Johnny. And honestly I had a very positive opinion of him before this trial. I didn’t even keep track of the abuse allegations and I thought it was bs based on some negative social media posts I saw about AH, which was unavoidable even for someone indifferent like me. I saw him as a whimsical and easy going if not shy person.

But I’m a trial watcher so of course I was curious about the trial. :)

JMO

Sky News

'I met Amber for the first time at lunch today'

Questioning expert witness Kathryn Arnold, Johnny Depp's lawyer asks if she thinks: "A portion of the reason that Mr Depp has received a variety of negative comments in Hollywood is that he engages in lawsuits."

She agrees.

He asks: "When was the last time you met Ms Heard?"

Ms Arnold says she met her for the first time at lunch today.

Depp's lawyer asks how much she has been paid for her involvement in the case and she says: "$650 per hour." She says she has been working on case for about three years, "and over that time has earned around $60,000."

That is the end of the cross examination.
60k? That ought to be enough to buy some “loyalty”.

But I could be way wrong. Maybe Hollywood execs will green light Pirates 6 if he wins and it will be a mega success but I seriously doubt it. We’ll see.

JMO

I am a fan and have been since I saw Cry baby as I was flicking through the channels one night and saw it had Ricki Lake in it .
I think he is a phenomenal actor. I haven't really paid much attention to his private life past teenage envy for his latest love interest . I was a bit gutted when he broke up with Winona Ryder because Edward Scissorhands lol,and again I was a teenager. I was vaguely aware of his vices but they never seemed to interfere with his career or his image so weren't really on my radar.
So,in my ramblings who I'm trying to say is that I have always believed that he didn't physically abuse AH,based on his reputation and following the UK trial loosely, but I admit that any romanticised view of my teenage crush has changed, but that's because you kind of get lost in the image you build of someone that you actually know nothing about I think,so when you hear some of their ugliness it has to cause those rose tinted glasses to shift.
I still support him whilst recognising he is flawed but if I believed AH claims for a second there would be no justifiable way to stay a fan IMO.

Sorry for the nonsense post,its 1am and I really should be asleep

Sky News

'You called Mr Depp an idiot'

Psychiatrist David R Spiegel is asked by Johnny Depp's lawyer about the actor's "processing speed". Part of the doctor's testimony has been that he has witnessed "cognitive decline" during Depp's testimony. He says it is slower than one would expect for a man aged 58 (Depp is 58).

He is also asked if it's true he called Depp "an idiot" in his written testimony. He says he may have said he was an idiot, for the way he was planning to give a video deposition just the night before it was required. The doctor says: "If I said he was an idiot, I meant an idiot in planning... I don't know his IQ".

View attachment 345551

During the doctor's questioning Depp is listening intently, and at point smiles a little at heated moments (of which there are many, as Dr Spiegel seems to be quite an animated character).

JD is thinking 'this guy is the Joker in the next Batman movie, I think I can play him'

It’s amazing how much of a difference I saw today in Elaine. Her counterpart is not strong, therefore she is taking advantage of it. When he says Objection she immediately says why it isn’t an objection, before giving Penney a moment to respond or hear it.

I think Dennison is off. He has the wrong emotions with his statements, they don’t correlate. When he should emphasize something he doesn’t and vice-versa. Maybe I don’t understand his expertise and I certainly don’t understand where he was going today with his fragmented questions.

It seemed like he called more objections after lunch but Elaine ran with the boost of confidence she got earlier in the day. Very frustrating that she was emboldened in the last week.

Does anyone know if he is an independent attorney or is he with the gang firm?

Same.

AH goes to see JD after she has accused him publicly and after she got the DVRO. This man who supposedly SA her - and records their visit? Only to reveal that she is the one trying to get back with him physically? It doesn't make sense. Imo the only reason she went to see him is because she wasn't scared of him and he had never assaulted her or SA her. When I listen to this recording I sometimes think she recorded it to set him up, maybe she was hoping he would give in to her advances and cry SA. But he didn't. He was done with her and she was angry so she continued to exploit her alleged abuse. MOO

Every time I hear this about her violating the TRO I get so mad and all of a sudden I am getting confused as to which tapes the jury has heard. Do they know she violated the TRO?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members