VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF LE knows for sure that hew dropped her at the mall, why haven't we heard anything more specific, in order to get some witnesses to what happened next?

Wouldn't they say publicly ---'we believe she was dropped off at the Starbucks [ or Macy's or wherever] and was pulling a small black suitcase…and was wearing a Grey Hoodie…'

Wouldn't that have been helpful back then to see if any employees saw her or waited on her etc…?

IF LE knows for sure that hew dropped her at the mall, why haven't we heard anything more specific, in order to get some witnesses to what happened next?

Wouldn't they say publicly ---'we believe she was dropped off at the Starbucks [ or Macy's or wherever] and was pulling a small black suitcase…and was wearing a Grey Hoodie…'

Wouldn't that have been helpful back then to see if any employees saw her or waited on her etc…?

If she was really last seen in Fairfax than why isnt this fairfax's case? If it was confirmed she made it there, I don't understand.

If she was really last seen in Fairfax than why isnt this fairfax's case? If it was confirmed she made it there, I don't understand.

I guess maybe they are going by where the luggage was found because that's where the suspiciousness started.

Their probably not fighting for who handles the case ether. But it sure seems like they know something we don't.

I think that LE has only said that the SD car was in the area of the mall. To me it is what LE is NOT saying that screams loudly. As with the few posts above mine, if LE believed Katelin actually made it to the mall, then why no push for public info, posters, etc... in that very area?

Prayers for Katelin and all those who love her.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Oh good your back. For a while there I thought everyone left.

Christmas vacation I guess.

I thought I was losing it for a bit!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

You know, I was quick to jump on the SD bandwagon. I followed the Hadsell case, (still not convinced his hand wasn't in there somehow), from the beginning and also Becky Watts. At one point we were all thinking that Becky's Dad was somehow involved. Boy, were we soooooo wrong! So I am really trying to keep an open mind here and not really go there yet.

I am so perplexed about all of this. I worry very much about foul play although, as difficult as it may be for family and friends, I actually hope she did just "take off", but my heart doesn't think so.

You know, I was quick to jump on the SD bandwagon. I followed the Hadsell case, (still not convinced his hand wasn't in there somehow), from the beginning and also Becky Watts. At one point we were all thinking that Becky's Dad was somehow involved. Boy, were we soooooo wrong! So I am really trying to keep an open mind here and not really go there yet.

I am so perplexed about all of this. I worry very much about foul play although, as difficult as it may be for family and friends, I actually hope she did just "take off", but my heart doesn't think so.
And I remember Tiffanie Adams, everyone thought she ran off or it was they stepdad. It was neither.

I can't help but wonder, if there hadn't been some inclination in regards to her whereabouts then LE would be asking and doing more. I simply can't put my finger on another case, in which we have had so little info on a case that has gone on this long. That in and of itself leads me to believe that LE has more than enough evidence to support their theory of whatever happened. Wether it's she ran away, someone brought harm to her, or whatever the case might be. I don't think LE needs anything from the public, any longer for whatever reason. I also don't think they feel as if they need to give Amber and her family any info, which is sad to me.

I guess I'm in the minority, but IMO something has happened to this girl. Some families don't have the wherewithal or knowledge to get the word out, or don't believe it will help. I don't think the family is purposely hiding info, and if LE is doing so it is to help their case.

I completely agree with you. So I guess I'm in the minority too. I don't think the lack of LE putting out information is proof that they believe she's voluntarily missing, in fact, I think it's the opposite...but I truly, truly hope I'm wrong.

On The families SM page for Katelin her sister said LE thinks she is alive.

<modsnip>

BBM; ""We're hoping &#8211; and this has happened before &#8211; that she simply decided that she wasn't going to go back [to Arizona] and made other arrangements," Pearce says. "Information recovered from her social media accounts and her cellphone records shows that [that may be case]."
http://www.people.com/article/spots...n-michelle-akens-missing-heather-ciccone-dead

"Pearce said police are investigating the case as a missing person under suspicious circumstances, but he said they haven't ruled out that she may have disappeared either by her own accord or for "any number of other reasons."
"We just want to ensure she's okay," Pearce said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teens-luggage-found-ditched-after-she-vanished-on-way-to-airport/

I will check in again tomorrow and hope there is some news.

I think it was Dexter that brought up the HTG case earlier. I wasn't really leaning towards voluntary at the time but now I'm on the fence.
With the HTG case, the father's side seemed to be frantically searching for Hannah while the Mother and Stepfather seemed more subdued to me. I got the impression that after
discussions with LE they started to feel she ran off too and layed low. Their behavior was part of why I felt she left on her own and I'm starting to feel that might be the case here. I HOPE SO!

It took some time for LE to give more detail to the public on why they thought she ran, but I don't remember if it was this long?

Brill thanks does anyone have a copy of the missing poster being handed out around the search area, (if there is one) the above post I made I wasnt referring to you or amber as anyone can see your trying your best to get her home I feel so bad for you guys having your hands tied like this pray she gets in touch soon have saved picture and will start sharing if thats ok..??

Still no news. I am so trying to remain positive but it is getting harder and harder every day. I would put out flyers everywhere if I were in the area. My youngest daughter and all but one of my grandchildren live in Virginia. She has printed out some flyers and put them in several areas around Fredricksburg where her in-laws live. She is going to call me this evening and ell me if the flyers are still there today. Her in-laws live near the big Geico Insurance building there in Fredricksburg. Usually people will not remove missing person's flyers.

I have such a soft spot for Katelin and just want her to be located. My thoughts and prayers are with her 24/7.

From personal experience, posting missing person flyers in public places isn't as easy as you would think. Most big corporation or chain stores will not let you post in their windows. On a different case, we went to over 100 stores in a mall and not one of them were allowed to tape up our poster. If they are polite, they will take a flier "for their break room", but you never really know if they post it in there or not. And lots of posters on light poles, street signs, etc. get taken down because of city laws or regulations. I think handing out the over 4,000 fliers to individual people was a great thing to do. People can have Katelin's picture in their car, with them wherever, look at it more than once passing by a window. If there is a New Year's parade or any big event like that coming up, hand out fliers there. Getting them into people's hands may be more effective than trying to get them in a store window or bulletin board.

I would be interested to know if you are allowed to post the flyer at the local police department. Or if one is already there?
If not, why not?

I would be interested to know if you are allowed to post the flyer at the local police department. Or if one is already there?
If not, why not?

I guess it would depend on the city or town. Some little towns/cities are laid back somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg